2021 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
How is his arm? Would be nice to have a mobile qb. I saw they want him as a safety
His best throws are pretty good, but he’s nowhere near the consistency of a D1 QB recruit. If he were at Ankeny with Jase Bauer, he would be a RB/WR on offense. He was invited to the (formerly Army) All-American game so he’s hardly an unknown player either.

He’s fun as hell to watch on offense though. They run a 4/5 WR spread offense that is designed for him to run around and make plays. A decent number of his big throwing plays come after scrambling around for 5+ seconds. I can’t even imagine trying to defend him at the 1A level.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Keagan Johnson and Beau Stephens were bumped to 4* in 247’s own rankings today. That makes eight 4* commits in the 2021 class (247 rankings, not composite). Without looking, I have to imagine that is the most since 2005.
Keagan johnson is going to be a fucking stud.

Reaction score
Changing my tune on Max White. Seems like a good year to be a
walk-on running back. The kid makes some really good cuts and is a bit bigger than I realized.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Supposedly Brian wasn’t very involved in Fidone’s recruitment and that kind of turned him off to Iowa. Would be interesting to see if that changes if he were to decommit.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If he doesn’t take it, do they offer Aaron Smith?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t think they are offering Smith. That would take a pretty big change of heart.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They’re interested in him or he’s interested in them?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I would assume he's going elsewhere.

If you had a son who was a 4 star WR, you wouldn't let him go to Iowa right now.
I'm sure they're telling all their receivers it's a covid thing and they're bringing in others to improve the position. They can spin this.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Only hope is that his relationship with Copeland can keep him. His Dad mentioned Copeland multiple times in all his radio interviews around Omaha after Keegan committed.