2021 Football Recruiting

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Going to sound like a recruiting dork, but the 3 most important recruits Ferentz needs to get is Van Valkenberg, Heflin and Linderbaum.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Going to sound like a recruiting dork, but the 3 most important recruits Ferentz needs to get is Van Valkenberg, Heflin and Linderbaum.
Linderbaum might be like Hockensen where he wants to return but Ferentz tell him and his family there's no way in hell he should come back.

He'd probably be the first center drafted, right?

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
He has dreamed of playing for the Hawkeyes since he first started playing football. I could definitely see him wanting to come back for another year of Kinnick full of screaming Hawk fans. Money is not his primary motivation.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Linderbaum might be like Hockensen where he wants to return but Ferentz tell him and his family there's no way in hell he should come back.

He'd probably be the first center drafted, right?
Either him or Landon Dickerson at Alabama. I think it really depends on the team. Dickerson is 6'6" 324lbs. so he probably has more position versatility. Linderbaum is a bit undersized but perfect for teams the run a lot of zone. I recently saw him mocked to the Rams in the beginning of the second round, which makes sense.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Either him or Landon Dickerson at Alabama. I think it really depends on the team. Dickerson is 6'6" 324lbs. so he probably has more position versatility. Linderbaum is a bit undersized but perfect for teams the run a lot of zone. I recently saw him mocked to the Rams in the beginning of the second round, which makes sense.
No reason to mock the kid for being a bit undersized.

Reaction score
Your lineman actually stood up and spoke to the opposing defense making a case for them to not to bother trying to get you to jump because you are actually deaf. Actually did this during a live play in an actual game- yeah, no
Yup. They’d been doing it all game, and I was playing center. So, after we broke the huddle and got to the LOS, he said something. The other team made the ignorant assumption (like you) that they’d take advantage of the situation by disrupting the cadence, not knowing we were using a silent count.

It was well known I couldn’t hear, so sometimes there was some gamesmanship involved there. I didn’t wear a hearing aid on the field, so it was a futile effort on their part. This was during a punt situation, so they mistakenly thought I had to listen for the punter 12 yards back, so they tried to make it more difficult.

He was probably annoyed with them and said it as we got set at the LOS. One of the officials behind the LBs started cracking up. My old coaches brought it up for years afterwards, still do.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He signed with them to play running back.

Nationally, this class will probably set a transfer portal record.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
There is some 4* DB from the midwest that is currently committed to Minnesota but has now said he isn't signing today that I saw some of the Iowa guys tweeting about.

Reaction score
There is some 4* DB from the midwest that is currently committed to Minnesota but has now said he isn't signing today that I saw some of the Iowa guys tweeting about.
Avante Dickerson. He's an Omaha kid, but not from the same HS as Keegan Johnson. Nebrantska is pushing hard, but Iowa did offer him so I expect the staff is poking around as well.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He had offers from everyone. As a kid from Nebrantska, seems odd to turn down OSU, LSU, PSU, Oregon, USC and Texas only to pick Minnesota.