2021 Football Recruiting

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Fuck off on this rumor mongering shit, or bring the receipts.

Calling a player too dumb to get into your school is a nasty cousin of we didn't want him anyway. Just stick with the latter. Especially when the player graduated HS early to enroll in college in the spring and has had no eligibility issues in school.
The Davis brothers didn’t have eligibility issues while at ISU either.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Upon receiving his transcripts, iowa said “he likely won’t be admitted”. Iowa State said “he may be our smartest running back ever”

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
1. L. Wade makes shit up.

2. Iowa State having a good player at a particular position doesn't mean Iowa has failed to recruit that position.
Agreed- I was speaking more to mac saying Iowa State has been head and shoulders above Iowa in RB talent lately. Sure Breece Hall and David Montgomery are great backs, but I'm perfectly fine with Wadley and Goodson and are not left wanting it to be different.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
1. L. Wade makes shit up.

2. Iowa State having a good player at a particular position doesn't mean Iowa has failed to recruit that position.
I totally made it up to disparage a college kid I don’t know or care about, and didn’t hear it from someone involved.

he also picked Iowa State over a couple dozen better programs because he trusted the process.

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
Agreed- I was speaking more to mac saying Iowa State has been head and shoulders above Iowa in RB talent lately. Sure Breece Hall and David Montgomery are great backs, but I'm perfectly fine with Wadley and Goodson and are not left wanting it to be different.
Montgomery to wadley is no comparison. One is a starting NFL running back, the other is butt hurt that he wasn't good enough to succeed and blaming everyone else.
Hall and Montgomery are head and shoulders better than any Iowa running back in over a decade.
It hurts to say it, but it's the truth.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Montgomery to wadley is no comparison. One is a starting NFL running back, the other is butt hurt that he wasn't good enough to succeed and blaming everyone else.
Hall and Montgomery are head and shoulders better than any Iowa running back in over a decade.
It hurts to say it, but it's the truth.
What hurts to say? They've had a great rb and a really good rb and Iowa has had a damn good college RB and guy that was All-Big Ten 1st Team as a sophomore.

Man, that truth hurts so much.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
It is probably ok to bitch about RB recruiting prior to Goodson. Last year seemed OK, and this year had some pretty special circumstances to work around. Hopefully they can get a transfer and recruit better next year.

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
It is probably ok to bitch about RB recruiting prior to Goodson. Last year seemed OK, and this year had some pretty special circumstances to work around. Hopefully they can get a transfer and recruit better next year.
I'm not bitching about it. I love goodson and his parents especially for standing up I'm the off-season. I'm just saying they have had a pretty good track record of running backs these last couple. I'm just saying, It may not be a "we didn't want him anyway" situation at the end of it.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I was perfectly fine with Wadley @ Iowa- never once did I think I would rather have Montgomery instead. Montgomery was good though, its not suprising he is the better NFL back though due to his size. Breece Hall is very good, and he benefitted this season by Campbell finally realizing he needed to run the ball in a conference full of awful tackling instead of relying on Purdy to chuck balls up.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I would for sure take Hall over any back iowa has had since Greene, and Goodson is the only one even close. Hall is a legit great back.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I think Hall is great but I also think a good portion of his success is wide open lanes created by spread out defenses and shit tackling

I don’t mean to take anything away from him. He gets plenty of tough yards and breaks tackles.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I think he's good, but Iowa didn't want him, and he can't read Dr. Seuss books.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Well it’s hard to find a book store these days

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Only rooting for this because my tax dollars support North

It would be nice to see North get some P5 exposure for football. Especially in a year where the school district took away their athletic opportunities.

Pedro Gomez

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
One thing that kind of struck me was Kirk said in an interview that he didn't pay attention to transfer portal. He said he has people that watch that.

Reaction score
Jordan Oladokun, the DB from Florida who decommitted twice from Iowa, just committed to Samford.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Oladokun has a brother or some other family member on the team at samford. But fuck em.