2021 Football Recruiting

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
1619118414566.png

Dad needs to learn to turn his damn phone, especially for a race.

Reaction score
Not sure. I would have guessed a 10.6-8 guy.

He ran 10.7 this week. I imagine that was hand-timed and/or wind-aided, though.

I wonder if Iowa has signed a sub 11 safety (or had one from a starting walk-on)? A lot could change by May 20, but thus far the coveted Xavier Nwankpa has only run 11.43.

There have been a few WRs, though probably not a majority.

Running backs? Wegher, Jermelle?, Gavin Williams? (only ran as a soph), Damian Sims.

Cheer 4 the Hawks!

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Cooper DeJean will play on Sundays and will elicit comparisons to Tim Dwight. Kid is just a freak athlete.

Reaction score
DeJean ran 10.71 and 21.92 at districts and uncorked a two-feet-over- previous best 24-2 long jump. Too bad he didn't save that one for next week.

Brecht managed a 22.87 200 for a non-qualifying 4th. He seems like a guy who will take a while to play- if he doesn't end up in baseball.

Walk-on RB Zach Brand of DC-Grimes won his 100 in 11.36.

Last edited:

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
A quote from Micah Riley’s high school coach in an article on The Athletic today:

“Everybody wants to kick us out of the state because none of our top guys are considering Nebrantska. But kids want to win.”

“Micah’s class since they’ve been playing varsity football have only lost one game. So it’s hard to go from that to a team that’s going to lose seven, eight, nine, 10 games a year.”

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
A quote from Micah Riley’s high school coach in an article on The Athletic today:

“Everybody wants to kick us out of the state because none of our top guys are considering Nebrantska. But kids want to win.”

“Micah’s class since they’ve been playing varsity football have only lost one game. So it’s hard to go from that to a team that’s going to lose seven, eight, nine, 10 games a year.”
I notice this guy taunts in almost every highlight. Idgaf but ol Kirk might not like that if he’s wearing a Hawkeye uniform. Might be your next DJK, Wadley, Fant situation.

Reaction score
I notice this guy taunts in almost every highlight. Idgaf but ol Kirk might not like that if he’s wearing a Hawkeye uniform. Might be your next DJK, Wadley, Fant situation.

That first play is an easy 15 yard taunting penalty in college, but he is a young guy who will learn. I love the rest of his tape. He blocks angry and he ran a good variety of routes from TE and WR positions. His skill set is a really good fit for Iowa.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
it's pretty accurate. He only mentioned black guys. Evidently Iowa has never had a white guy taunt or get in trouble off the field.
What else do you know about those 3 and the coaching staff, allegedly, other than their skin color?

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
For the record, by "DJK, Wadley, Fant situation" I mean talented players who seem to be mysteriously benched a lot, presumably because they're in Kirk's legendary doghouse. I don't think it's news to anyone here that the Iowa coaching staff seems to have little patience for on field celebration, taunting, etc.