2021 Football Recruiting

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you prefer the term "porch monkey."

You still pretending you didn't know that was a slur?
it can be a slur. Not always tho, Lad. Like when I referred to myself as one.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
My uncle used to call me a yard ape. still does actually

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Sounds like Brecht is going to get selected in the first few rounds and will be gone to MLB and won't be coming to Iowa.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Is this a case of teams not picking him bc they didn’t think he would sign or local media people exaggerating how good he actually is?

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Is this a case of teams not picking him bc they didn’t think he would sign or local media people exaggerating how good he actually is?
I think teams thought he would go to Iowa. His measurables seemed to be put him as a first 5 rounds guy.

thrawn

Reaction score
mlb.com had him #77

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
247 said he was asking for first round money. Sounds like he made it clear what it was going to take to get him to sign and teams didn’t value him that highly, so just decided to pass.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Just throwing it in this thread because…Heller got Brecht, Marcus Morgan and this guy all in one class.

Adult Education

at the Car Wash
Reaction score
still digging for that halo gold
The harvest is ripe.

Huge bummer that the vaunted '21 OL class didn't really pan out. Davidkov, Myslinski, Alt, & Stephens were all supposed to be in the class at one point. Too bad the only one that materialized (so far!) was Alt.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I don't remember the particulars off the top of my head, but I feel like I remember reports from his recruitment being a bit Proctor-ish

CamelTones

Reaction score
Blair mentioned last year that the Clones would be the likely landing spot if he left Wisconsin.

Reaction score
It was pretty clear he was overrated as a recruit and he has sort of affirmed that by not making at impact at Wisconsin in three years and presumably still not slated to be a starter. I doubt we recruit him as a transfer.

thrawn

Reaction score
I remember him being kind of a tweener and not a good fit for a 4-man front. Sounds like he never really found a fit at Wisconsin either.

Reaction score
I don't remember the particulars off the top of my head, but I feel like I remember reports from his recruitment being a bit Proctor-ish
He and his family convinced a mildly retarded "recruiting reporter" from Howe's Harty's site to write an article about how Iowa's staff had dropped the ball by not communicating with him for a few months before he committed to Wisconsin. The goal was to make the Iowa staff look bad by insinuating that TJ wanted to go to Iowa, but they had no choice but to leave after he was ignored by the staff. By that point it had been common knowledge around IC and on message boards for 3-4 months that Bollers wasn't interested in Iowa and Iowa's staff wasn't recruiting him at all.

There were rumors at the time that Trevor was trying to get a job with the Iowa program during the recruiting process, but the sourcing on that one is less clear imo.

Edit: I confused the two retards, Harty and Howe

Last edited:

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
My recollection is that he was convinced he was a ready made stud 3-4 OLB. Appears he was wrong. We don’t have a place for him.

thrawn

Reaction score
He and his family convinced a mildly retarded "recruiting reporter" from Howe's site to write an article about how Iowa's staff had dropped the ball by not communicating with him for a few months before he committed to Wisconsin. The goal was to make the Iowa staff look bad by insinuating that TJ wanted to go to Iowa, but they had no choice but to leave after he was ignored by the staff. By that point it had been common knowledge around IC and on message boards for 3-4 months that Bollers wasn't interested in Iowa and Iowa's staff wasn't recruiting him at all.

There were rumors at the time that Trevor was trying to get a job with the Iowa program during the recruiting process, but the sourcing on that one is less clear imo.
That led to this delightful Harty tweet