**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
I think JT is ready to be the guy. Probably a little more erratic than you’d want your PG to be but that can be minimized SOME with experience and PG is probably the position where experience matters the most.

Reports are the Ulis is the real deal and will turn heads next year.
Um yeah on Ulis.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I mean, yeah every coach has down years, especially when you develop players to the point they can leave early. But regardless of what Frans recruiting looks like on paper, there is little evidence to justify being really worried about any sort of sustained downturn.

Iowa State has a roster full of guys who “good gets” from the portal and they fucking suck

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Why though?
Not the end result because he's brought in some all time great players. It's just been all over the place. The one class he brought in 5 shooting guards/small forwards and almost none of them worked out. The next class he brought in a player at pretty much every position. The next class he went all bigs. Next class he brings in Wieskamp then a random guy out of nowhere that everyone hated at the time at the same position as the stud you already signed.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
our other option(s) at PG is/are considerably better/more ready, imo
I don’t understand how anyone could say that Ulis is considerably better or more ready than Toussaint. Toussaint has had several standout performances in his first two seasons. Ulis barely played last year and didn’t do anything to stand out in the few minutes he did get.

Ulis may well end up being better, but there is no possible way to draw that conclusion based on the evidence available at this point.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone could say that Ulis is considerably better or more ready than Toussaint. Toussaint has had several standout performances in his first two seasons. Ulis barely played last year and didn’t do anything to stand out in the few minutes he did get.

Ulis may well end up being better, but there is no possible way to draw that conclusion based on the evidence available at this point.
i’m saying he’s more ready/a better option to step in if Joe sucks than the fat Brit is to step in if Rebecca proves overmatched

I like and feel good about Joe as PG1. Think he has the makeup to rise to the ocasdion.

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
i’m saying he’s more ready/a better option to step in if Joe sucks than the fat Brit is to step in if Rebecca proves overmatched

I like and feel good about Joe as PG1. Think he has the makeup to rise to the ocasdion.
If Joe T and Ulis are both good next year, I think we'll all be pretty happy come tourney time.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
We really should’ve kept track of how many times the world saw a goofy white boy and Fran saw a future all-conference player.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but Luka had a pretty solid recruiting profile. Plus he's a handsome man aside from his muppet eyebrows.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was just graded from the waist down

B96D3DCB-40CD-4AC4-A706-77BCEC5D55F0.jpeg

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
It’s much less of an Aaron White type of find for Fran, but it absolutely shatters the dumb narrative that Fran cannot develop a big man.
Lol. He has has All Big 10 players at every position, except sort of pg

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Actually I do not care if he ever played defense or if he was ever all-conference, Jorbo‘s career is basically the best example ever of what Fran gets out of his players

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He’s done the tour, and now he’s boarding the plane out of town one final time.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Does Luka get a statue erected at some point? He’s basically the Nile Kinnick of Iowa Basketball now (minus the valor and tragedy)

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
He deserved better than the defensive effort those shitsticks put forward in that last game.
Luka is the greatest player in program history, but let's also be honest - he wasn't exactly a model of defensive intensity himself.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Luka is the greatest player in program history, but let's also be honest - he wasn't exactly a model of defensive intensity himself.
I don’t think intensity was his problem. He’s just ridiculously slow laterally. Which honestly makes his offensive accomplishments even more impressive.