**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I didn’t listen to the podcast. (I think) Their thesis is that JBo can be a douche and wasn’t likely the innocent victim of a random act of violence.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Washed up walkons are terrible. I can't believe people are still listening to them. Wouldn't surprise me if they said something restarded. Kulick might be the dumbest former player of the Ferentz era.

Reaction score
Washed up walkons are terrible. I can't believe people are still listening to them. Wouldn't surprise me if they said something restarded. Kulick might be the dumbest former player of the Ferentz era.
Better than JBo.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
There are exactly zero Hawkeye related podcasts that are worth your time.
Right. When you boil it down, there just isn’t that much Hawkeye football or basketball to talk about. Same with sports talk in general.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I like them during the football season, and they were decent last summer with Doyle and the lawsuits. Once football season was over I stopped listening, and won't listen again until late August.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I enjoyed their interview with Tate but only because Tate was a good listen. Most of their questions were terrible and Chris Farley show level

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I enjoyed their interview with Tate but only because Tate was a good listen. Most of their questions were terrible and Chris Farley show level
I quit listening about a year ago. Ward would probably be ok with someone else, and if he tried. But he had better things to do.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Right. When you boil it down, there just isn’t that much Hawkeye football or basketball to talk about. Same with sports talk in general.
Maybe some of them get interesting around when fall camp opens for football and you want to hear practice updates, but other than that, it just isn’t really very interesting to me. Like, I think the guy who does the Locked On Hawkeyes is probably the best, but it is a daily podcast and how the Hell do you make a daily podcast about Iowa sports interesting in June?

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Tyler Kluver is such an awful listen. I mean Drake is also terrible but Kluver is really bad as the guy driving the show. Nobody fucking cares that you were the long snapper, brah. Drake is the only one of the three who most Hawkeye fans would even vaguely remember and he’s a total dipshit who embarrasses the university with his affiliation to it.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Tyler Kluver is such an awful listen. I mean Drake is also terrible but Kluver is really bad as the guy driving the show. Nobody fucking cares that you were the long snapper, brah. Drake is the only one of the three who most Hawkeye fans would even vaguely remember and he’s a total dipshit who embarrasses the university with his affiliation to it.
It's helpful to remember that despite the fact that these guys played for the college we like to root for, the average 20something is a completely uninteresting douche.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It's helpful to remember that despite the fact that these guys played for the college we like to root for, the average 20something is a completely uninteresting douche.
but yet we made iowa message boards into what they are today

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Maybe some of them get interesting around when fall camp opens for football and you want to hear practice updates, but other than that, it just isn’t really very interesting to me. Like, I think the guy who does the Locked On Hawkeyes is probably the best, but it is a daily podcast and how the Hell do you make a daily podcast about Iowa sports interesting in June?
Lol. That guy has a history of being unable to pronounce the player's names. Still stick with Trent's radio show via daily podcast and David Eickholt's 247 (but they don't post as often as the others). Though I have beef with @tcondon for throwing Jon Miller on this week. They indulged him on his farewell tour last year and let him come back on this week to talk about his podcast and Twitter ban. No thanks TC.

Last edited:

Revolver

Reaction score
Lol. That guy has had a history of being unable to pronounce the player's names. Still stick with Trent's radio show via daily podcast and David Eickholt's 247 (but they don't post as often as the others). Though I have beef with @tcondon for throwing Jon Miller on this week. They indulged him on his farewell tour last year and let him come back on this week to talk about his podcast and Twitter ban. No thanks TC.
I’m just saying who I think has the potential to be the best podcast. I’ve listened to WUW - terrible. I’ve listened to some shit Morehouse or one of those nards did during fall camp and it sucked. I’ve got a pretty good idea on what TK would bring to the table based on seeing videos he has made and the way he was on Rivals. The Locked On guy was the only one I could stomach at all, but like I said, still not very interesting. Granted, I’m still waiting on that link to the MessDawg’s podcast.

thrawn

Reaction score
They indulged him on his farewell tour last year and let him come back on this week to talk about his podcast and Twitter ban. No thanks TC.
LOL that sounds wonderful.

”Jon, talk about those six weeks where there weren’t any Hawkeye sports to talk about and you were retired. What did that time away teach you?”

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
LOL that sounds wonderful.

”Jon, talk about those six weeks where there weren’t any Hawkeye sports to talk about and you were retired. What did that time away teach you?”
Ken Miller couldn't get enough.

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
Say what you want about the WUW, but they were the only ones keeping the former Hawkeye players turned BLM activists semi-honest last summer. That whole joke of a situation is worse, perhaps considerably so, without them.

Not a fan of their in-season stuff, but I like the former player interviews in the offseason.

Revolver

Reaction score
Say what you want about the WUW, but they were the only ones keeping the former Hawkeye players turned BLM activists semi-honest last summer. That whole joke of a situation is worse, perhaps considerably so, without them.

Not a fan of their in-season stuff, but I like the former player interviews in the offseason.
That seems to be a bit much.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I actually like Kakerts podcast mostly because he talks a little recruiting. The rest of the talk is just obvious stuff that most people that post on message boards know.

I also like The Athletics Big Ten West show with Dochterman and the guy that covers Nebrantska during the season.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
He made 48k last year. I hope they can find good use for that money.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He made 48k last year. I hope they can find good use for that money.
He's been there 25 years and is tremendously fat and dealing in a lot of outdated formats.

My guess is they will hire a young person that is far more talented and pay them $40k per year.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
He's been there 25 years and is tremendously fat and dealing in a lot of outdated formats.

My guess is they will hire a young person that is far more talented and pay them $40k per year.
Fine, then just fire the guy. Don't say he's been let go due to budget cuts.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fine, then just fire the guy. Don't say he's been let go due to budget cuts.
I'm sure it is due to budget cuts though. I'm just saying that down the road they will replace him with someone younger and more talented and cheaper.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score

Did the tremendous fatness contribute to him losing his job?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Does he still throw a stadium seat under one side of his ass at bball games?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
wake me up when JBos site tells "the whole story" about him getting cheap shotted. Saw a Tweet yesterday where his partner said it was forthcoming...

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
yeah Im guessing there may be criminal charges and civil claims and he will keep his mouth shut for awhile about it.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
bohannon was a full go at today's workout and will have no restrictions in the offseason.

Reactions: BBK