***2021 NCAAM Coaching Changes***

Reaction score
He really wanted to get back into coaching but that’s a tough job. They’ve only won 10+ games once in 10 years. Haven’t won 20 since 1981 and that’s the only time in 70 years. Mountain West has dipped down but should be better. Lot of coaching changes this year.

It was down to him and Pitino for the New Mexico job. I was hoping he’d get it, think that would have been a good fit.

Bunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He really wanted to get back into coaching but that’s a tough job. They’ve only won 10+ games once in 10 years. Haven’t won 20 since 1981 and that’s the only time in 70 years. Mountain West has dipped down but should be better. Lot of coaching changes this year.

It was down to him and Pitino for the New Mexico job. I was hoping he’d get it, think that would have been a good fit.
I think he would have done well at Minnesota, if he was offered/considered. At Nebrantska he actually did well considering it is Nebrantska. Surprised he went out west since he has so many midwest ties. I'm a big Tim Miles fan.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think he would have done well at Minnesota, if he was offered/considered. At Nebrantska he actually did well considering it is Nebrantska. Surprised he went out west since he has so many midwest ties. I'm a big Tim Miles fan.
Yep. He actually did a pretty decent job at Nebrantska all things considered. He was slightly over .500 and finished 4th in the Big Ten twice.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
He was at Colorado state for five years so assuming he has at least a few contacts out that way. I’m too lazy to look at this CSU roster to see where he was pulling kids from though

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

They've won 6 conference games over the past two seasons, so hopefully Liam doesn't follow his uncle like a little bitch ass motherfucker.

Reaction score
Why defend Miller this long to fire him now? Must be a show cause coming.
I would suspect financial reasons, they ran his contract down to one year. The Pac 12 was not in a great place financially even before the pandemic.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Interesting timing. Who does Arizona go after now?

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They will call Kerr and then move on to Walton, Pastner or maybe Stoudemire. I saw the Athletic also mentioned Miles Simon and Gonzaga’s lead assistant as other potential candidates.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I would suspect financial reasons, they ran his contract down to one year. The Pac 12 was not in a great place financially even before the pandemic.
Sources said athletic department had been considering a contract extension but the board of regents wouldnt approve it

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They will call Kerr and then move on to Walton, Pastner or maybe Stoudemire. I saw the Athletic also mentioned Miles Simon and Gonzaga’s lead assistant as other potential candidates.
If the issues is that Miller was a dirty fuck and the BOR wouldn't sign off on a contract extension, then I think going after Pastner is a non-starter given his reputation. He also has been mildly successful at best.

Lol at getting Kerr or Walton. Stoudamire has been ok at best at Pacific. Simon isn't going to get it done.

No idea what their money situation is, but if they have to go cheap, then I guess Stoudamire is worth a shot. If they have money, then going outside the family for a top level coach makes more sense.

thrawn

Reaction score
Cincinnati hired Miller from UNCG

Arizona hired some Gonzaga assistant

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Damn, Indiana offered $10 million/year to Stevens and he still told them to gtfo

Reactions: BBK

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
  • Win​
  • Graduate​
  • Do it right​
Gary Barta was years ahead of these guys