**2021 NFL Hawkeyes**

Bunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I really hope he makes the roster. Criminally underused at Iowa. Same with ISM
I was listening to Paul Allen (Viking play by play guy) the other day. He is not confident ISM will make the roster. ISM was supposed to be a returner, but he is not doing well.

Reaction score
I was listening to Paul Allen (Viking play by play guy) the other day. He is not confident ISM will make the roster. ISM was supposed to be a returner, but he is not doing well.
He said he'll make the roster but won't always be active on gameday. They don't have him at returner and he's too small to play gunner or anything else on special teams. He's looked good at WR tho.

Bunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He said he'll make the roster but won't always be active on gameday. They don't have him at returner and he's too small to play gunner or anything else on special teams. He's looked good at WR tho.
Whoops, I must have missed part of the discussion.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
That doesn’t change the fact they were both underused at Iowa, mostly cuz spencer sucks
Which players got the touches that should have gone to ISM and Brandon Smith?

IMO, the only one that you can argue is Ragaini, and he only had 18 catches.

I get it that Petras sucks, but unless you want to argue that Goodson should have gotten fewer touches I don't know where to find more for ISM and Smith.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score

I get it that Petras sucks, but unless you want to argue that Goodson should have gotten fewer touches I don't know where to find more for ISM and Smith.
Understanding the fact we’ve had good tight ends and decent running backs, Iowa rarely gets guys who sniff the NFL at the WR position and I would have liked to have seen them featured more overall during their entire careers, not specific to last season.

petras did them no favors though.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score

I would probably factor in all the throw aways or sacks taken when either of them were wide open. Seems like it was a lot.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
They weren’t great early in their careers, and had Spence their senior year. Smith was also hurt as a junior.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
I see the reality as being that ISM and Smith were Iowa’s best WRs in a decade, but overrated in the eyes of Iowa fans because we’re so used to seeing mediocrity at the position.

It’s also true that Spencer Petras’ suckage led to every WR and TE being less productive than they should have been in 2020.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Iowa has 2 guys potentially making NFL rosters yet they were criminally underused while at Iowa

Lol

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Iowa has 2 guys potentially making NFL rosters yet they were criminally underused while at Iowa

Lol
Surely your realize that stats in college and making an nfl roster are not always correlated

thrawn

Reaction score
I see the reality as being that ISM and Smith were Iowa’s best WRs in a decade, but overrated in the eyes of Iowa fans because we’re so used to seeing mediocrity at the position.

It’s also true that Spencer Petras’ suckage led to every WR and TE being less productive than they should have been in 2020.
They were an R5 pick and an UDFA. That should be a hint to the wider ranking of them.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
ISM has shown some flashes with the vikes. He's could carve out himself a spot.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that Jesse Ventura calls games for the NFL Network.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
The last 6 games last year the Hawks had a legit very good offense. I’d say they used those guys very well during that stretch

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I would probably factor in all the throw aways or sacks taken when either of them were wide open. Seems like it was a lot.
Don't forget a piroutte and interception.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Good for Mekhi Sargent. That kid was a hard worker, no BS, tough player at Iowa. Not sure he has the physical ability to be a NFL back but maybe those other traits land him a spot as a special teams/3rd down RB in the League.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Not sure this is a really a great spot for this, but the early results of this are surprising to me. Stanzi was the easy vote for me. Then again, this is the same fan base that voted in a twitter poll to keep Gary Dolphin around and to fire Barta and Fran so...

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Beathard’s Sr season was a complete embarrassment from a pass protection standpoint.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Beat-hard looking good.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Not sure this is a really a great spot for this, but the early results of this are surprising to me. Stanzi was the easy vote for me. Then again, this is the same fan base that voted in a twitter poll to keep Gary Dolphin around and to fire Barta and Fran so...
Iowa fans aren't bright. There's a reason CJ has taken more snaps in the nfl than the other 3 guys combined.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Josh Jackson was traded to the Giants.

Jack Heflin might actually make the 53 man roster for Green Bay, but practice roster for sure. Shaun Beyer might end up on the practice squad for Denver.