***2022-2023 Iowa Men’s Basketball Season Thread***

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
titillating discussion on the upcoming season in here.

I'll start: I hope they exceed my expectations.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
titillating discussion on the upcoming season in here.

I'll start: I hope they exceed my expectations.
What are your expectations?

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
What are your expectations?
not high. The team seems bereft of "that guy" this year. maybe Chris Murray can make that leap but then who is this year's "Chris Murray" who can provide off-the-bench quality like he did last year? I love Fran's style of play but this group looks like just another team that's going to get physically mauled in the Big 10 this season (excepting Tony P).

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
not high. The team seems bereft of "that guy" this year. maybe Chris Murray can make that leap but then who is this year's "Chris Murray" who can provide off-the-bench quality like he did last year? I love Fran's style of play but this group looks like just another team that's going to get physically mauled in the Big 10 this season (excepting Tony P).
Chris? C'mon man

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
This team is going to have to play super fast. Purdue and Michigan will be a bitch to defend.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sandfart will be Kris.

Speaking of

Asked about his extra inch, and if he takes Dix under his arm.

Reactions: BBK

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I like the team this year. Expecting another top half of the Big Ten finish. They are long, athletic and can score. I think defensively should be decent as well.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
It would help if Mulva doesn’t suck. I’m hopeful the time he’s had in the program has helped his development. I don’t think he will be good by any means, but if he can contribute, that would be a very good thing.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Sandfart will be Kris.

Speaking of

Asked about his extra inch, and if he takes Dix under his arm.
Looks like we will see some of Kris at the 5 which is something I was hoping for.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I'm sure they're going to get run out of the gym a few times in frustrating games, but I expect them to be entertaining to watch if Kris is any good at all. But I expect Perkins, Sanfort, and Pat to all be pretty good.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Sandfart is 6'8" now.

That dudes gonna be a killer, mang

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Sandfart is 6'8" now.

That dudes gonna be a killer, mang
Fuck yeah I was about to say he's the guy I'm most excited to watch this year then I was like hmmm I love me some SAUCY T as well. And obviously Kris too but Sandfart is going to go off this year.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Saucy T makes my Penus drip

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
It would help if Mulva doesn’t suck. I’m hopeful the time he’s had in the program has helped his development. I don’t think he will be good by any means, but if he can contribute, that would be a very good thing.
I just hope he’s better than Rebecca

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Did any media ask Ogundele how he's been affected by the death of the queen?

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not very secret scrimmage vs Kansas City October 22nd.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I feel as though Fran has built an actual program, with an actual floor. The floor feels like the middle of the big ten and a NCAA berth.

I see nothing in this team to dissuade me from thinking that is what this team will achieve.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The Big Ten is down this year but the one thing it has is good big men. Iowa is going to struggle some games for that reason alone.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
The big ten has been down a lonnng time.
It's weird. '20-'21 seemed like an historically strong season not only by Big Ten standards, but by any conference's. The douche put nine teams in the tournament (a record) and finished with four teams in the top ten (#2 Illinois, #4 Michigan, #7 Ohio State, #8 Iowa).

Then they embarrassed themselves in the tournament and only got one (out of nine!) past the second round.

I think it was then that the grim reality of Big Ten basketball became universally apparent. Not only bad, but absurdly overrated.