***2022-2023 Iowa Men’s Basketball Season Thread***

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Doug back posting guarantees a W for the Hawks tomorrow. Bet the farms!!!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
You guys ever seen a fish flop around on the shore after being caught? If not, take a look at L. Wade's posts for an example.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
LWade is literally wrong every time he posts. It's incredible really.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
another problem with this roster is that fran loves his versatile tweeners. except for ulis and bowen, who are pure pgs, every other guy is a combo guard, a combo forward, a forward-center, or really doesn't have a position (connor). so not only do you now have a keegan/luka/marble when he was on go-to guy, you have a bunch of guys who are kind of this and kind of that and sometimes the offense malfunctions and the defense gets disastrous.

having a ton of multiposition guys is fine if they're really talented. if they're not, sometimes it's just bad basketball.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
ya gotta remember that l wade makes a living by scamming sweet little old ladies out of their hard earned life savings

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Connor has stopped shooting which is the main problem. I feel like ulis has been pretty good running the point so don't understand why we are relying on Connor so much. Ulis prolly needs more minutes.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Connor has stopped shooting which is the main problem. I feel like ulis has been pretty good running the point so don't understand why we are relying on Connor so much. Ulis prolly needs more minutes.
he and Becky and the only players who try to play physical defense

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
His defense has been kind of noticeably shitty lately, imo. More surrendered layups via blow by and poor positioning than usual.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Connor excels defensing the post but gets little help and our perimeter defense is trash. I am fine with Connor playing just wish he'd shoot more. Ulis went 1-5 at least from 3.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Been saying this about Ulis. In general he doesn’t force stuff. Occasionally he dribbles to nowhere, but at least he’s attacking the basket. He’s a good defender.

I don’t have a major problem with how Conner acts. I understand it comes across as hypocritical when he is playing like shit, but he is typically calling out lack of effort and his failures are rarely effort based. The only problem is that he’s the son of the head coach, so him yelling at the team’s best play isn’t a great look, even if warranted.

Ultimately this team needs Conner’s leadership. From game to game we have been able to say that Conner and Rebraca have always brought intensity and effort. Can’t say that about a lot of others.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Lol anyone thinking Pat transfers. He will somehow still be here when his younger brother is a freshman and Connor will be an assistant coach.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
pat will get 30 min a game next year

senior leadership

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Been saying this about Ulis. In general he doesn’t force stuff. Occasionally he dribbles to nowhere, but at least he’s attacking the basket. He’s a good defender.

I don’t have a major problem with how Conner acts. I understand it comes across as hypocritical when he is playing like shit, but he is typically calling out lack of effort and his failures are rarely effort based. The only problem is that he’s the son of the head coach, so him yelling at the team’s best play isn’t a great look, even if warranted.

Ultimately this team needs Conner’s leadership. From game to game we have been able to say that Conner and Rebraca have always brought intensity and effort. Can’t say that about a lot of others.
Connor’s effort on D has been fucking atrocious lately. He’s a fake tough guy always has been always will be.

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
Harty is on the radio talking about how the Hawkeyes success impacts his travel expenses, and how he thinks he can cover a game just as well from home.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Imagine being a guy in charge of other people's money and thinking that 43.6% shooting is worse than 29.3% shooting.
I will not DMOFR, but Connor takes less 2 pt fg’s than Kris, so 3 pt comparison would be more accurate in which they are basically the same

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Nvm I DMOFR and Kris has taken 215 two-point shots vs. Connor’s 41. A lot of those are dunks, so one would expect his overall shooting % to be significantly higher, especially since Connor is not considered a scorer.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
It's pretty weird that at the exact same point in time, the success of both major sports programs at the University of Iowa are heavily reliant on the performance of the sons of the head coach.

Right now, the dipshit fat fuck son of the head football coach has put a hard cap ceiling on the success of the program and stunted it's growth and wins due to his incompetence. To remove that cap requires the son to remove his gigantic head from his ass.

The basketball program has ceded control of the team to a 6th year wanna be coach on the floor that spends a lot of his time making over-animated gestures, shrugging his shoulders and screaming at his teammates even when many of the fuck ups and shit performance are actually his own. The other son is riddled with crippling anxiety made much worse by his brother screaming at him and his father putting him into bad situations over and over for way too many minutes. Not only that, the development of other key players is stunted because daddy keeps putting his boys on the floor for about 55+ minutes plus of game time while more talented players at key positions rot on the bench.

I love me some Kirk, but unless Brian pulls that aforementioned head out of his ass this year, it won't be pretty.

I really love me some Fran, but the Connor/Patrick era of Iowa Basketball can't end soon enough, which means that somehow they will find a way to get into the Sweet 16 this year.
There’s a lot of truth…but it’s also missing some important context. In one situation you’re talking about adults…making a fuck ton of money. And the other is with a group of kids. They might be old AF for this level, but still kids.

And while I think it’s 1000% fair to draw parallels to the two programs..:eek:ne of them gets a massively different level of support from the university than the other.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
another problem with this roster is that fran loves his versatile tweeners. except for ulis and bowen, who are pure pgs, every other guy is a combo guard, a combo forward, a forward-center, or really doesn't have a position (connor). so not only do you now have a keegan/luka/marble when he was on go-to guy, you have a bunch of guys who are kind of this and kind of that and sometimes the offense malfunctions and the defense gets disastrous.

having a ton of multiposition guys is fine if they're really talented. if they're not, sometimes it's just bad basketball.
I made the point to a friend early in the game that this Iowa team would be SO much better with an elite rim protector and rebounder like Cliff Omoruyi at C. For whatever drop off there is between Flip and him offensively, this team needs that kind of guy inside. He would legitimately change everything about this team