***2022-2023 Iowa Women's Basketball Season Thread***

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Yeah pretty dumb to shoehorn a woman into an imaginary discussion that will never be settled in real life

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
But I imagine it makes people feel good to say/Tweet it. Maybe it earned them a few extra good boy points.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
“The boys would kick her ass!!!!!” should definitely be shouted from the rooftops every time someone compliments her.

Just so folks know.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s ok to say that Clark is the best women’s basketball player to ever play at Iowa. Trying to shoehorn her into best ever, men’s or women’s, is really fucking stupid.
Well it IS a stupid argument where there is no winner. But...if you can get past the idea that the comparison has to be "who could beat who" in direct 1 on 1 competition (of course a male is going to beat a female almost every time) and look at how someone competes/dominates in comparison with their peers, there is certainly merit to the claim.

Look at it this way....there are a TON of people who say that Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player ever. He might be...I don't know. But could he win a skills competition against a modern superstar player....hit against modern pitching? Probably not, right? But that doesn't prove that Ruth isn't the best player of all time because of how he dominated the competition in his era.

Regardless....Clark was amazing last night, but unfortunately didn't get much help. She is really fun to watch when she goes into 'fuck you' mode like she did last night.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Clark is incredible, but she has less than zero interest in playing defense and is loose with the ball. Her teammates are mostly mediocre and also have no interest in playing defense. Bluder seems to have no interest in coaching defense.

That was sort of fine the last 2 years, but this year they are getting every teams best shot and they are getting their teeth kicked in.

• GFY

StinkyMcFadden

Loyal Son Forever True
Reaction score
They are unwatchable at this point.
I tried to watch but it's like watching a 6th grade boys game.

One really good kid and everyone else on the team seems to suck, but it's hard to say because the one good kid never passes to any of them, so they just watch basketball (on offense and defense).

The team that wins has a bunch of ok players and one or two fat giants who score or rebound their own misses 5 times each possession.

nikolausp

Paid His Bills
Reaction score
Clark is incredible, but she has less than zero interest in playing defense and is loose with the ball. Her teammates are mostly mediocre and also have no interest in playing defense. Bluder seems to have no interest in coaching defense.

That was sort of fine the last 2 years, but this year they are getting every teams best shot and they are getting their teeth kicked in.
Did you hear Bluder post game? Sounds like she's finally somehow just realizing how terrible on Defense they are, lol.

• GFY

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Did you hear Bluder post game? Sounds like she's finally somehow just realizing how terrible on Defense they are, lol.
What tipped her off? Was it giving up 94 points at home?

In games against a team with a pulse, they have given up 86 / 84 / 86 / 94 that led to an overtime win and 3 losses.

They are going to lose a shitload of games this year until they figure that out.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
They have played a very difficult schedule. Next week they are going to be ranked about where they probably should’ve been to start the season.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Glad the Hawks beat Iowa State, didn't watch it.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Fuck yeah
You know I was just sitting here thinking to myself that it's been so long since I've seen that masterpiece of motion picture that it's possible a few plot points could surprise me. I'm embarrassed of myself. Fire it up again, @6deuce , and I'll come up and watch it cuddled up on the couch with you

6deuce

6dyeuce
Reaction score
You know I was just sitting here thinking to myself that it's been so long since I've seen that masterpiece of motion picture that it's possible a few plot points could surprise me. I'm embarrassed of myself. Fire it up again, @6deuce , and I'll come up and watch it cuddled up on the couch with you
The biggest disappointment for me is why did Tommy Lee just finish Dae Han off? He didn't have to kill him, just get 2 more easy points and take home the gold.

Dae Han and Tommy are bros IRL.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me is why did Tommy Lee just finish Dae Han off? He didn't have to kill him, just get 2 more easy points and take home the gold.

Dae Han and Tommy are bros IRL.
We just have to accept that there is gonna be a few plot holes even in a great movie like that

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I don’t understand what many of these girls are doing with their shorts

• GFY

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Monika missed a gimme layup for 30/10/10
There were several other plays where Clark hit players in scoring position or for an open three and they chose to make another pass that led to an empty trip. She could have had 13-14 assists easy if her teammates could be more assertive with the rock.