**2022 Coaching Changes**

Reaction score
No idea if it will work out, but that’s a pretty big hire for CU. I’m surprised Deion is leaving Florida. Thought the USF job would be more appealing to him.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
No idea if it will work out, but that’s a pretty big hire for CU. I’m surprised Deion is leaving Florida. Thought the USF job would be more appealing to him.
He’s just empowering HBCU’s guys. Proving that you don’t need to go to a bigger school to make a name for yourself.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He seemed like someone who would stay in the south. Colorado was a little different when he played though so I'm sure he can see it as a national power again.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if he tries to reestablish the LA pipeline to Boulder, or sticks with the SE.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it only be a demotion if he’s not the DC? He was interim coach.
Interim HC and thought to be head coach in waiting with an auto-hire to staying around and taking a lesser position is absolutely a demotion.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
LO fucking L. If they made him the interim head coach, but then keep him as a defensive coordinator, a job that he was previously excelling at, you would have to be the stupidest person imaginable to think that that is a comparable situation.

Last edited:

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
If Wisconsin had the shittiest defense in the country, and they told Leonard that you can’t be the defensive coordinator anymore, but you can totally coach the linebackers if you want to (and also Leonard’s dad was the head coach), then we would be talking.

Last edited:

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I agree with the above two posts, and Leonard is a bitch for not leaving.

douglasbader

Reaction score
LO fucking L. If they made him the interim head coach, but then keep him as a defensive coordinator, a job that he was previously excelling at, you would have to be the stupidest person imaginable to think that that is a comparable situation.
You asked for examples, I give them. Now sit there and shine my balls while I read your wife's Pottery Barn magazine.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Thank you for providing an example of a situation which is not in any way similar to the thing that we were discussing.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Thank you for providing an example of a situation which is not in any way similar to the thing that we were discussing.
Maybe you will text me again and tell me how this example is a million times different....

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Not a great week for Dougie Hottakes.

Nlp/Lwade-esque of late.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If Wisconsin had the shittiest defense in the country, and they told Leonard that you can’t be the defensive coordinator anymore, but you can totally coach the linebackers if you want to (and also Leonard’s dad was the head coach), then we would be talking.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
Texas did it in back to back years.

This is the second straight year Strong has made a coordinator change during the season. Last year, he demoted co-offensive coordinators Shawn Watson and Joe Wickline after the first game of the season, a 38-3 road loss at Notre Dame.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
Texas A&M did it last year.

However, Dickey was demoted to co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach for the Aggies after a disappointing 8-4 season in 2021. James Coley joined Dickey as co-offensive coordinator, while Dameyune Craig took over as quarterbacks coach.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Wisconsin did it last year.

Joe Rudolph - Badger offensive guard, tight end, and offensive line coach for Paul Chryst since 2008. Since 2015 when Joe became the Offensive Coordinator when Paul Chryst became Head Coach, he has developed 11 players to be drafted in the NFL. Quality of the talent pool: 9 players came in with a 3-star high school rating, 1 earned a 4-star rating, and 1 player was unrated. 2 legendary running backs in Melvin Gordon and Jonathon Taylor, 7 offensive linemen, 1 tight end, and 1 wide receiver. He is respected for recruiting and developing the offensive line as his proven history of success supports. He was the Offensive Coordinator until Aug 2021, when he was demoted to the title of Run Game Coordinator/ Offensive Line Coach, with Head Coach Paul Chryst taking over offensive play calling. https://madison.com/wsj/sports/college/football/jim-polzin-how-wisconsin-badgers-assistant-joe-rudolph-was-able-to-handle-a-demotion-with/article_07f21fba-cdc3-5b5f-b6b0-748bfe0bdc06.html. Developing quarterbacks and receivers is a weakness, and game time tactics are a blind spot.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Whoops.

Baaaaaaaad day for ol' Milkey.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I had no idea this was a thing that happened. I super duper hope Iowa doesn’t do this.

douglasbader

Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
9 examples. At least 5 of them in the last year. There are a lot more out there as well.

Google is your friend, @MikeyJoe

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
These demotions don’t usually end well, but ol’ Milky Slow was PWNED pretty hard, boyz

douglasbader

Reaction score
These demotions don’t usually end well, but ol’ Milky Slow was PWNED pretty hard, boyz
Seems to have worked out great for Ohio State and TCU, both who will likely make the playoff and did it within the last year.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
9 examples. At least 5 of them in the last year. There are a lot more out there as well.

Google is your friend, @MikeyJoe
Thank you for examples that are completely different than the Leonhard situation if he is retained as DC. It’s not a demotion if he remains in his same role.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Thank you for examples that are completely different than the Leonhard situation if he is retained as DC. It’s not a demotion if he remains in his same role.
The Leonhard one aside (which still counts), ol' Milkey Slow stated in another thread that demotions just don't happen from the coordinator position and was summarily PWNED as fuck.

It seems not only do they happen, they happen all the time and can be quite successful.