**2023/2024 Iowa Football Offseason & Transfer Portal Thread**

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I’d take fat Nate over Cade in a heartbeat

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
no. Basically that they absolutely will be active in the portal and the starter is likely in another big ten team’s camp right now.
I know your info is made up bullshit, but it would be fantastic if the K-State guy gets beat out at Ohio State and goes to Iowa.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Yeah, Dad, I think I can help Spencer get better, he always does what I tell him.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
There is another portal window this spring so it’s at least a chance. Please please please.
What has changed now? Kirk was content with the shitty QB roster during the first window? Add in his weird QB loyalty and I put zero validity in Wade’s insider info.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The coaches clinic was this weekend, someone on hawkeyereport has a similar report, outside of the Cade stuff. Says Marco and Hill looked bad, Cade looked good. Dude is barely literate, so it's hard to interpret.

hard part of yesterday was that neither Lainez, Hill nor Poholsky looked near ready. Both missing on air....called out by Lester, with less than ideal mechanics. Last year I said there was no Brian with QBs, it was Budmayr. Lester IS the QB coach and inherited a mess...It'll be interesting when he gets to recruit his own QBs, but he hasn't inherited a great room. Interesting note....Keller Chryst is working closely with QBs. Quite the career from him...Stanford starter, think was 11-2 or something as starter, grad transferred to Tennessee and lost the job to Jarrett Guarantano. Believe he was with us last year, but name to follow down the road.
In practice....Lainez and Hill working with 1s. They are both getting a ton of work this spring. Hill doesn't look much thinner. In my opinion both are #3 type QBs. McNamara was doing similar work like he was last spring....Indy time, 7 on 7 stuff and he is a dude. Timing/feel and everything is so on point.

thrawn

Reaction score
What has changed now? Kirk was content with the shitty QB roster during the first window? Add in his weird QB loyalty and I put zero validity in Wade’s insider info.
They actually have a OC/QB coach in place now. Doubt we see anything, but things have actually changed, mostly because Kirk slow-walked the OC hire.

Reaction score
The coaches clinic was this weekend, someone on hawkeyereport has a similar report, outside of the Cade stuff. Says Marco and Hill looked bad, Cade looked good. Dude is barely literate, so it's hard to interpret.
Can confirm. The RBs looked good and the OL opened up some decent holes. Pass pro was shaky, especially off the edges. The number of times Bacon was “sacked” or had passes knocked down was kind of amazing really.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They may not get a portal QB but they absolutely will be shopping for one. A couple of people on HR have said they’re focused on someone at Ohio State.
It's got to be the K-State transfer, right? He's in an open battle with the Alabama transfer and this is his grad year, so if he loses that in the spring he's going to be looking and he fits what the new OC does at Iowa.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hopium is a helluva drug

There will be no portal qb, Kurt will play bacon.
That doesn't really make sense. Kirk deserves criticism for a number of things, but he's demonstrated that he is willing to use the portal in general, and specifically for QBs. They didn’t use the portal as much this past off-season, but it made total sense to focus on bringing guys back for their covid season.

You want to bitch about the slow OC search limiting what they could do bringing guys in, that's fair.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
How can Marco have bad mechanics with all his time spent with Spencer’s QB coach???

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think the swarm should raise $1 million to pay Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz to go kill Tony Rice-A-Roni

Reaction score
That's exactly the type of QB transfers they should be looking for. Should have 4 years of eligibility left and would have a good chance to be the clear starter at Iowa going into his rsSoph year in addition to being the backup to an injury prone vet this year.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Cade has some pedigree, but there must be dozens of portal QBs better-suited to the college game than Hill and, apparently, Lainez. Dozens! Fuck, probably hundreds

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
God that defense is going to be fuckin stout.

Just score a few more points

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Deshaun Lee was solid when he played last year. Hopefully TJ Hall lives up to his early hype. Nestor is the next great white hope at CB and supposed to be a good athlete, correct?