***2023-2024 Iowa Women's Basketball Season Thread***

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
LSU has better individual talent than UCONN. But UCONN ain’t far behind and they play better defense.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
My brother was an above average but not great HSBB player. He’s refused to watch any of it. “Not my thing.” Huge basketball fan, can’t stand this.

Granted, he sees women as designed to be subservient, his wife tells people men are designed with bigger brains, and his life view of women as things intended for nothing greater than the use of a man, probably explains most of it.

But I will never understand people avoiding something really good and really fun because of their own weird smallness. What a sad way to slug through life.
Let me know the next time you watch men's gymnastics. I hear we've got a hell of an olympic team

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
LSU has better individual talent than UCONN. But UCONN ain’t far behind and they play better defense.
They appear to have better shooters and are a good passing team. Bluder won’t get by clogging the paint or playing junk zone defenses.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Iowa wins a historic game and posters here are still griping and talking shit about evil black Angel Reece. Amazing.
It’s Reese, you racist retarded fucker.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Iowa wins a historic game and posters here are still griping and talking shit about evil black Angel Reece. Amazing.
From a whites/lunch pail standpoint, Kate Martin had an outstanding game for the Doing It the Right Ways.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Angel Reese’s presser was sure something.
Eh, it wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. Yeah, it's dumb that she went to the victim card after playing the villain role for so long. But she's also a 21 year old woman and just lost what may have been her last college game. I'm not expecting her answers in a post-game press conference to be composed and well thought out.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Also, from what I could tell in the PC, Mulkey seemed kind of reserved to the fact that Clark was going to dominate them and there was nothing they really could do to stop her.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Let me know the next time you watch men's gymnastics. I hear we've got a hell of an olympic team
Do we? I don’t know.

But I’ll watch pretty much anything during the Olympics, especially if it’s the US. It’s fun, even if it isn’t something I would typically watch. It’s fun to watch people living out their dreams. It’s even more fun to do it when it’s a genuine cultural moment, and it creates a sense of togetherness.

People sticking their noses in the air over their own wounded psychology doesn’t hurt anyone else, but it’s still kind of sad.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Why exactly do we give a fuck if Facebook boy doesn’t like women’s bball?

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
They were dumb to not have Johnson on her. That girl is extremely athletic.
Maybe the thought was they didn't want her accruing fouls? That they wanted her offense and they could potentially lose that if she was in foul trouble or if she was worn down from the defensive effort? I didn't watch the press conference so maybe Mulkey explained their thinking and my guesses are stupid.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What was the deal with Angel Reese putting a crown on the bench before the game? DP show just mentioned it

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Maybe the thought was they didn't want her accruing fouls? That they wanted her offense and they could potentially lose that if she was in foul trouble or if she was worn down from the defensive effort? I didn't watch the press conference so maybe Mulkey explained their thinking and my guesses are stupid.
Mulkey looked resigned to what was happening, especially after halftime.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
My brother was an above average but not great HSBB player. He’s refused to watch any of it. “Not my thing.” Huge basketball fan, can’t stand this.

Granted, he sees women as designed to be subservient, his wife tells people men are designed with bigger brains, and his life view of women as things intended for nothing greater than the use of a man, probably explains most of it.

But I will never understand people avoiding something really good and really fun because of their own weird smallness. What a sad way to slug through life.
I mean, he spent how many years in the same household as you?

newsbreaker

Reaction score
6.9M viewers Saturday. In the past-25 years, largest non-final four audience ever, and largest tournament audience aside from last year’s final.

Last night might’ve matched last year’s final.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t find joy (and instead gets pissed) in their own school being this good for this long at a sport has some mommy issues.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't care much if Iowa women's rowing was good, but that's the outlier.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
6.9M viewers Saturday. In the past-25 years, largest non-final four audience ever, and largest tournament audience aside from last year’s final.

Last night might’ve matched last year’s final.
nice

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Within 5 years there will be a 30 for 30 on this last year
There’s basically already one airing in May, done by the Mannings in the same manner as the Netflix Quarterback series.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't care much if Iowa women's rowing was good, but that's the outlier.
Not caring is different than making your personality about telling people you don’t.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
“National Anthem” is a top 4 Twitter trend. LSU keeps making white folk mad.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
I had no idea about this until you mentioned it.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I had no clue why it was trending so I clicked on it.

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed watching Iowa play while simultaneously really not being able to watch any other woman's game. I'm pretty sure I won't watch at all when Clark leaves except for the NCAA tournament.

But I won't spend time here telling everyone. It's odd.