***2023-2024 Iowa Women's Basketball Season Thread***

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
gohawkeyes811
women's basketball doug
Not at all. I'm not saying I don't/won't watch. I just don't really find many games entertaining. There's obviously a reason Clark is drawing people who would never watch otherwise. I think this is pretty well agreed upon.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Watching Reese get humbled was fun, but I moreso enjoyed watching Van Lith forget how to play basketball last night and Mulkey’s reactions to that.
I hoped Iowa would just leave Hailey wide open and let her chuck up shots. Hailey can't hit anything anymore.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Not at all. I'm not saying I don't/won't watch. I just don't really find many games entertaining. There's obviously a reason Clark is drawing people who would never watch otherwise. I think this is pretty well agreed upon.
im just giving you crap. you're good. Guessing most of us probably aren't watching games that don't involve Iowa

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Maybe the thought was they didn't want her accruing fouls? That they wanted her offense and they could potentially lose that if she was in foul trouble or if she was worn down from the defensive effort? I didn't watch the press conference so maybe Mulkey explained their thinking and my guesses are stupid.
Maybe he was an early riser and liked to pack in the morning. And maybe he didn't have any friends. I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel habits of William Santiago.

Last edited:

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Explain this for us who get our Twitter knowledge from Halo, please.
LSU didn't come out for the national anthem. Mulkey said it wasn't intentional as the timing of the pregame routine had them in the locker room when the anthem was played.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Explain this for us who get our Twitter knowledge from Halo, please.
They apparently left the court shortly before the National Anthem played because they always go in at a certain time. Real Americans are furious.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
LSU didn't come out for the national anthem. Mulkey said it wasn't intentional as the timing of the pregame routine had them in the locker room when the anthem was played.
Hope nobody took a knee!

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
They apparently left the court shortly before the National Anthem played because they always go in at a certain time. Real Americans are furious.
I'm sure I'll hear all about it the next time I talk to my father-in-law. He's an ISU guy who typically roots against Iowa, but Reese's behavior on Saturday had him rooting for Iowa last night. This is sure to have come across his Facebook feed and have him further incensed.

I'm sure his love of Mulkey all all things she stands for has him a bit confused, however.

Reaction score
I hoped Iowa would just leave Hailey wide open and let her chuck up shots. Hailey can't hit anything anymore.
They sort of did. She hit the one three in the 2nd, but Iowa really didn’t contest any of her outside shots. And she was a spazz when she drove. Nice pass to the media table and then another nice one to the camera guy under the basket though.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
They sort of did. She hit the one three in the 2nd, but Iowa really didn’t contest any of her outside shots. And she was a spazz when she drove. Nice pass to the media table and then another nice one to the camera guy under the basket though.
Yah they were sagging way off so LSU had a hard time getting post feeds in to Reese in the second half.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Can we at least all agree that this is the best free advertising Iowa will ever get? The State Farm commercial they aired last night looked like a hype video.
I do love the good Iowa publicity. And then I open up the local news and the Iowa headline most prominent is of the Sioux City lady who went to jail for election fraud for her husband LULZ

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
My brother was an above average but not great HSBB player. He’s refused to watch any of it. “Not my thing.” Huge basketball fan, can’t stand this.

Granted, he sees women as designed to be subservient, his wife tells people men are designed with bigger brains, and his life view of women as things intended for nothing greater than the use of a man, probably explains most of it.

But I will never understand people avoiding something really good and really fun because of their own weird smallness. What a sad way to slug through life.
Jogger is your brother?

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
While this is true, I’m still having a good time trolling SEC-MAGA Superpatriots about it and forcing them to explain it over and over.

Adult Education

at the Car Wash
Reaction score
For all the talk in the WaPo article about how tough KM's practices and conditioning sessions were, LSU looked pretty gassed last night.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Sweet 16 was ABC and last night was ESPN. If they were equal that would still be really good.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Biggest Sweet 16 ever and Colorado vs. Iowa drew 6.9m viewers. I'm guessing the numbers last night will be in the 12m+ range....

Ive seen educated guesses in the 9M range, considering the drop down to cable, but dammit it felt like more than that based on social media.

I think we’ll know tonight. Friday will be nuts. Frankly, Disney should move it to ABC, but that’s probably easier said than done.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
For some scale, I looked up the mens side

Duke / NC State had 15.1mm views, the most in an elite 8 game since 2019. Peak of 18.9
TBS had significantly lower numbers for UCONN/Illinois (6.48MM) and Alabama/Clemsion (7.79MM)

ESPN has a lot more viewers than TBS/Tru TV, but like Balls said it's still going to be hard to beat ABC / CBS type numbers.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I am the only one who thought Reece's fifth foul was pretty obviously a charge? It wasn't a matter of Martin being stationary , Reece lowered her shoulder and bowled her over. It's like the one thing that should be called a charge.
*Reese

I appreciate you correcting this and not disrespecting her moving forward. TIA!

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I am the only one who thought Reece's fifth foul was pretty obviously a charge? It wasn't a matter of Martin being stationary , Reece lowered her shoulder and bowled her over. It's like the one thing that should be called a charge.
All day.

thrawn

Reaction score
The refs called it a charge so it seems that you aren’t the only one.