***2023-2024 Iowa Women's Basketball Season Thread***

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
There was a similar play early on in the USC/UConn game and the announcers similarly questioned whether the defender was set
The announcers are so dumb. The rule says nothing about the player's feet needing to be set; it's about legal guarding position. The "feet must be set" is an old bromide that gets shared amongst fans and armchair coaches. They just can't be moving towards the player and can't move in while the player is airborne. Reese lowered her shoulder and initiated contact. Clearly a charge.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Angel is in for a rude awakening when she's no longer the tallest player on the court
And surrounded by a bunch of other players that are considerably tougher. Her game is predicated primarily on size and aggression…that won’t be enough at the WNBA level.

Reaction score
The announcers are so dumb. The rule says nothing about the player's feet needing to be set; it's about legal guarding position. The "feet must be set" is an old bromide that gets shared amongst fans and armchair coaches. They just can't be moving towards the player and can't move in while the player is airborne. Reese lowered her shoulder and initiated contact. Clearly a charge.
"Over the back" is another relict that is not actually a rule.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Word out of Iowa City is that Angel and Hayley are transferring to Iowa to play for Bluder next year. The players have been informed via text and is a done deal.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPED

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Doug is not spiraling, he is reporting the word on the street, and in the program

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Deitsch says someone who has seen partial data says over 10M. If it’s 12, Friday may pass 15, which would be INSANE.
The # I saw was incorrect…looks like they were quoting last years #s

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I agree last nights was the correct call. I will , however, say that I do not like how the charge call has evolved over the years.

I’m glad it shifted correctly away from “FEET BEING SET!!” to legal guarding position. But they’ve shifted too far. Now, a defender can be moving and slide in at the last millisecond, causing the off player to brace themselves. This incorrectly gets interpreted as pushing off and called as charge way too much.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
We’ll have the numbers at 430 CDT, which is 90 minutes late.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I would never have guessed that high. That’s an insane number. I’m not sure it can be beaten.