2023 Football Recruiting

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
hot take --

if you have to put in the hours with a QB tutor to get your 4-star ranking, you're probably just P4 ok, and really, really, really practiced. you may not be getting much better.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
hot take --

if you have to put in the hours with a QB tutor to get your 4-star ranking, you're probably just P4 ok, and really, really, really practiced. you may not be getting much better.
Feels like it may be one of those situations similar to kickers where if you go to the right training facility and hire a
Coach we get you your four star ranking

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Feels like it may be one of those situations similar to kickers where if you go to the right training facility and hire a
Coach we get you your four star ranking
Hypothesis: because all these recruiting "gurus" are not actual coaches, and rely on word of mouth; the right references create the right rating -- and many times, they're accurate, and many times, they're not.

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Mahomes probably isn't the best example here, as he has a private coach/tutor he's been working with since college, and the private coach is Jake fucking Christensen, for fuck's sake.
I think it’s Jake’s father, Jeff.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
The last time I lifted weights, that kid wasn't even born yet.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Seems like he would be an ideal LT

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
I fucking hate him so much.
I'm just gonna put this out there. Not tryna cause any problems here. But my guess is you hate him because you enjoy being an authority on every subject and this guy is playing your game in a field you don't know much about.

Just throwing that out there.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I'm surprised delineating every single body motion while giving it a name that sounds like a skateboard trick didn't help a guy already paralyzed with fear.

Step and throw, nah. Heel pivot mctwisty into a boxslide toe angle release.
I realize there will always be jingoisms in every professional field, but oftentimes they make it more difficult to understand than easier.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I'm surprised delineating every single body motion while giving it a name that sounds like a skateboard trick didn't help a guy already paralyzed with fear.

Step and throw, nah. Heel pivot mctwisty into a boxslide toe angle release.
Right. The guy is a tool. I think the video was of a dig route or a slant or something, I'm not digging it up but the guy makes something incredibly simple sound like some super complicated series of events.

Monster

Reaction score
Yep. Snake oil to some extent.
I'm a little surprised at you here tbh. You competed at a high level and must have some relatable experience. Unless basketball isn't all that technical.

I coached track throwers and could write a very technical narrative critique of a shot putter. Again, it sounds douchey but that doesn't mean it's fake. Some sports are that technical.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at you here tbh. You competed at a high level and must have some relatable experience. Unless basketball isn't all that technical.

I coached track throwers and could write a very technical narrative critique of a shot putter. Again, it sounds douchey but that doesn't mean it's fake. Some sports are that technical.
I would agree with you on throwing disc or shot putt, but that is very niche compared to QB imo.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I coached track throwers and could write a very technical narrative critique of a shot putter.
I would actually like you to do this.

You probably have one in a file or a text that you could simply copy and paste

Monster

Reaction score
I would actually like you to do this.

You probably have one in a file or a text that you could simply copy and paste
Lol. I last coached track in 2007. So no. But if I saw a throw I could dissect it. To a lesser extent I could for an offensive lineman. The point is some things are more technical than they seem.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Lol. I last coached track in 2007. So no. But if I saw a throw I could dissect it. To a lesser extent I could for an offensive lineman. The point is some things are more technical than they seem.
I’m not sure anyone is debating that it’s not significantly more technical than the average fan might assume…I think the point being made here is Spencer Fucking sucks at playing QB and it makes me sad he’s our quarterback.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone is debating that it’s not significantly more technical than the average fan might assume…I think the point being made here is Spencer Fucking sucks at playing QB and it makes me sad he’s our quarterback.
Which is the reason I think Tony sucks cock at teaching QB skills.

thrawn

Reaction score

Telling one of your athletes he needs to work on footwork or making his hip rotation smoother is a bit different than fitting six pieces of jargon in a tweet.

Monster

Reaction score
Think about how bad SP would be without Tony.

Go ahead. Think about it.

Monster

Reaction score
Telling one of your athletes he needs to work on footwork or making his hip rotation smoother is a bit different than fitting six pieces of jargon in a tweet.
I've already said that part is self promotion. But I'm guessing that is how he coaches his athletes, because they understand it

Monster

Reaction score
I actually think some people are debating exactly that.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score

I just see through all of the stupidity of it. Did that verbiage even existten years ago or did some huckster find a niche in the market to exploit. Terry Bradshaw trained this same shit. But instead of all the bullshit, it was a three step drop and throw it to the receiver who's running a specific route.

I could sit here and break down a video of Jordan's footwork before his fade away and prescribe all sorts of stupid words for every little movement.

X defender strong side two dribble pivot baseline balance kick high arching medial rotation one foot dominant landing shot.

With a twist.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
And let's say there is some small technical hitch in Petras' motion that the average fan wouldn't even know could exist. You would have him work on that specific thing- while keeping the rest of his motion basically the same, you wouldn't shout out every piece of advice on every throw.

Monster

Reaction score
I just see through all of the stupidity of it. Did that verbiage even existten years ago or did some huckster find a niche in the market to exploit. Terry Bradshaw trained this same shit. But instead of all the bullshit, it was a three step drop and throw it to the receiver who's running a specific route.

I could sit here and break down a video of Jordan's footwork before his fade away and prescribe all sorts of stupid words for every little movement.

X defender strong side two dribble pivot baseline balance kick high arching medial rotation one foot dominant landing shot.

With a twist.
Well, football was a whole lot simpler during Terry Bradshaw's era. You kinda sound like a Boomer. Back in my day!!!

Monster

Reaction score
And let's say there is some small technical hitch in Petras' motion that the average fan wouldn't even know could exist. You would have him work on that specific thing- while keeping the rest of his motion basically the same, you wouldn't shout out every piece of advice on every throw.
It's about pounding the message. Continual reminders of keys.

Anyway, I'm done defending this dickbag.