***2023 Iowa Football offseason thread***

Reaction score
I am already annoyed that Iowa is going to hire Stevie as an analyst.

L.Wade will defend the move. "He was an NFL position coach, but sure, he isn't good enough to be a college analyst."

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
NIL guy made a lengthy post about how the offense isn't that bad. Brian isn't going anywhere.
I continue to not believe Brian will be back, not the least of which is because I simply can’t believe otherwise, it’s too ridiculous. But making a lengthy post about it being not that bad is beyond the pale. If anything the offense was worse than has been talked about.

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
I continue to not believe Brian will be back, not the least of which is because I simply can’t believe otherwise, it’s too ridiculous. But making a lengthy post about it being not that bad is beyond the pale. If anything the offense was worse than has been talked about.
I will legitimately pay for you and @StinkyMcFadden to post on 247 for a month. Your head(s) would explode.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Reducing ticket prices was an olive branch to the fans, knowing they are committed to being awful on offense

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Dochterman said on his podcast with Howe today that from what he’s heard from people within the program is it’s 70-30 that Brian leaves. This was before they knew the Patriots interviewed O’Brien which he kinda hinted at that being the move that needs to happen.

Dochterman also said he heard Padilla was going to replace Petras earlier in the year so his sources are not always solid.

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
Last year they were only an OC, a QB, 3 OL, and 2 WR away from being an average offense.
An even mildly competent OC, could have gotten that exact same personal group to AT LEAST “almost average.”

Iowa fans have been beaten into submission and completely lost touch with the rest of the college football world. Lots of teams are “doing more with less.”

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
Dochterman said on his podcast with Howe today that from what he’s heard from people within the program is it’s 70-30 that Brian leaves. This was before they knew the Patriots interviewed O’Brien which he kinda hinted at that being the move that needs to happen.

Dochterman also said he heard Padilla was going to replace Petras earlier in the year so his sources are not always solid.
The 70/30 number has been floated for a while, Doc is well connected to the same people that have done so. And yes, we desperately need to be cheering for BoB to be hired for us to rid ourselves of Brian. It’s not our only hope, but it is far and away our best chance.

But as I said earlier today….L-O-Fucking-L at how this is being handled. There is no clearer indication of how much of a stranglehold Kirk has on the Athletic Department and the Football Program as this. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions on what this says about Iowa’s AD

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I wonder if everything will end up being OK

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
An even mildly competent OC, could have gotten that exact same personal group to AT LEAST “almost average.”

Iowa fans have been beaten into submission and completely lost touch with the rest of the college football world. Lots of teams are “doing more with less.”
This is dumb. Petras was terrible, the receivers were shit and the offensive line and running backs were young. The personnel was a big part of the problem. A midly competent OC wasn’t going to have much luck with that group.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
This is dumb. Petras was terrible, the receivers were shit and the offensive line and running backs were young. The personnel was a big part of the problem. A midly competent OC wasn’t going to have much luck with that group.
A mildly competent OC wouldn’t have gone into the year with Petras at qb in the first place

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The level to which this scenario irritates me is probably unhealthy. That Iowa is only able to rid itself of Brian IF we (Kirk) can be assured a comfy landing spot for him, absolutely infuriates me
this is a board of far above average intelligence if you remove my me and family members.

There is no possible way you believe this.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
NIL guy made a lengthy post about how the offense isn't that bad. Brian isn't going anywhere.
I don’t really have a problem with the offense.

but the same guy who runs the offense is also in charge of deciding who is on the field.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I’m no insider, but I’m fairly confident that hearts will be broken.
Brian will not secure an offer allowing him to continue the lifestyle to which he’s grown accustomed

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I’m definitely not giving shit to the NIL now. What a fucking moron

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
The 70/30 number has been floated for a while, Doc is well connected to the same people that have done so. And yes, we desperately need to be cheering for BoB to be hired for us to rid ourselves of Brian. It’s not our only hope, but it is far and away our best chance.

But as I said earlier today….L-O-Fucking-L at how this is being handled. There is no clearer indication of how much of a stranglehold Kirk has on the Athletic Department and the Football Program as this. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions on what this says about Iowa’s AD
For the record, I continue to be 100% comfortable with both Kirk's stranglehold & Barta's continued deference to him.

Serious question...Has Kirk ever fired a staff member? I can't recall that he has.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
For the record, I continue to be 100% comfortable with both Kirk's stranglehold & Barta's continued deference to him.

Serious question...Has Kirk ever fired a staff member? I can't recall that he has.
Bobby Kennedy and Chris White. Doyle was pretty much fired although officially I think he resigned.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
Being an Iowa fan is way more frustrating than it should be. Iowa sucks at things that are easily fixable. Kirk doesn't have to do anything more than hire a competent OC and allow them to install and run a modern offense. Do that and it solves almost all of their issues - recruiting, play-calling, archaic schemes, horrible clock management, etc.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Being an Iowa fan is way more frustrating than it should be. Iowa sucks at things that are easily fixable. Kirk doesn't have to do anything more than hire a competent OC and allow them to install and run a modern offense. Do that and it solves almost all of their issues - recruiting, play-calling, archaic schemes, horrible clock management, etc.
It's all predicated on the idea that they're running something so precise and finely tuned that doing things differently than the way they want to will cause the whole thing to come crumbling down.

Reaction score
I’m definitely not giving shit to the NIL now. What a fucking moron
Moron like a fox…he isn’t a journalist.

He is selling hope. It is tough to run an NIL co-op if you’re client base believes “we’re doomed even with the best players because our OC sucks.*” It is a lot better business to plant the seed that even if the OC remains*, they can be good if they get the $$ to buy the right players.

*Brian will not be OC next year

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Apparently when Padilla entered the portal he had his sights set on Baylor until Baylor didn’t return any of his calls.