***2023 Iowa Football offseason thread***

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Dochterman said on his pod today Iowa will continue to have 3 permanent rivals (MIN/WISC/NEB) in the 2024+ schedule. Only team with 3 rivals.

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
If he does actually announce his retirement, Iowa missed a great opportunity to force a change at OC this offseason. Barta could have made it happen, and then retired, leaving the new AD with one less lingering problem.
But, I think Barta couldn’t do it, in large part because of his relationship with the Ferentz family. And, he preferred retirement over making that decision.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Dochterman said on his pod today Iowa will continue to have 3 permanent rivals (MIN/WISC/NEB) in the 2024+ schedule. Only team with 3 rivals.
Dochterman is well acquainted with Iowa football. And your sister's well used pussy.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Shawnee has already had dozens ask if an avatar change is coming after Gary retires.
I feel it’s my responsibility to keep the avatar and remind everyone what true leadership looks like.
Thank you all for your concern.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’ll forever my daughters last day of elementary and the day danpom got his media credentials.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
If he does actually announce his retirement, Iowa missed a great opportunity to force a change at OC this offseason. Barta could have made it happen, and then retired, leaving the new AD with one less lingering problem.
But, I think Barta couldn’t do it, in large part because of his relationship with the Ferentz family. And, he preferred retirement over making that decision.
Cowardly on Barta’s part.

thrawn

Reaction score
yeah Gary can fuck off with this exit

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
I’m sure this hire will go well and will be done quickly

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Kirk transitions into Gary's job after the season. Immediately promotes Brian to HC.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
You thinking negatively about this topic Shawnee?
I’m glad Gary is gone. A decade late but whatevs. The process to hire his replacement will likely be dumb. People already claiming that Beth so and so should get the job simply cuz she’s a woman. Personally I’d prefer an outsider

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Gary has lead the University athletic department to levels of success not seen for decades. Everything else is just noise.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I’m glad Gary is gone. A decade late but whatevs. The process to hire his replacement will likely be dumb. People already claiming that Beth so and so should get the job simply cuz she’s a woman. Personally I’d prefer an outsider
I think its safe to say most here would prefer that Iowa hire the most qualified candidate possible to navigate the current landscape of college athletics and that it would be a big mistake to simply hand the job to a person that has just been around long enough. I don't think that's a big stretch

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Great fundraiser but with tv deals being what they are now that’s just not nearly as big of a deal. Iowa wasn’t going to move forward in todays landscape with Gary leading the department. Hopefully their next hire gets it.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I think its safe to say most here would prefer that Iowa hire the most qualified candidate possible to navigate the current landscape of college athletics and that it would be a big mistake to simply hand the job to a person that has just been around long enough. I don't think that's a big stretch
Are we talking AD or OC?