***2023 Iowa Football offseason thread***

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It cracks me up that people just assume that McNamara is going to be given the starting job when we have a 3 year starter already on our roster, and our complex offense allegedly takes 2+ years to learn.

Petras will be better than McNamara in practice. That's all thar matters to Kirk

nikolausp

Paid His Bills
Reaction score
It cracks me up that people just assume that McNamara is going to be given the starting job when we have a 3 year starter already on our roster, and our complex offense allegedly takes 2+ years to learn.

Petras will be better than McNamara in practice. That's all thar matters to Kirk
Would you be interested in raising the stakes on our $100 bet on whether or not Spencer will take the first snap as QB in Game 1 next season?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Beebs gets to say this until the season starts and then when it doesn’t happen all he has to say is “yeah but can you blame me for thinking that?”

it’s ok @BBK. You’re protecting yourself and I don’t fault you for that. It’s not your fault.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

kurt will allow cade to play in the 2nd half down 30 @ ohio state

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Beebs gets to say this until the season starts and then when it doesn’t happen all he has to say is “yeah but can you blame me for thinking that?”

it’s ok @BBK. You’re protecting yourself and I don’t fault you for that. It’s not your fault.
There are better odds that @Bob Sanders fucks a pussy than Cade McNamara starting game 1 in 2023

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

He has a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum in his shoulder. He may as well have his right arm surgically removed.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Also remember when Kurt continued to say nice things about Petras and Iowa fan still booed him.

That wasn't very nice and hurt Kurt's feelings.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kurt Ferentz would engineer a new virus capable of causing a global pandemic if it meant more eligibility for spencedawg.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score

Is there another Petras on the roster?

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Petras didn't hurt a knee so his wheels are still in good shape. Snort.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Maybe I misinterpreted what the announcer said during the bowl game, but I believe they said something like “Kirk Ferentz already announced that Cade McNamara is the guy next year (regardless of how Labas performed in the bowl game).”

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Maybe I misinterpreted what the announcer said during the bowl game, but I believe they said something like “Kirk Ferentz already announced that Cade McNamara is the guy next year (regardless of how Labas performed in the bowl game).”
I think it's safe to assume a guy who has started in the CFP is going to have the spot over a guy who couldn't beat out a turd like Petras

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I think they waived for a couple of year the “25 new scholarships/year” limit. But kept the 85 total scholarships limit.

neshawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If they give a player a substantial NIL package can they count him as a walkon?

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I actually believe scholarship limits will eventually go away. We’ve already heard several schools comment that they shouldn’t be limited in the numbers of opportunities they are able to provide.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Surely, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz would pass muster

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
This is insanity. So, the best/only hope that Brian might move on requires Bill O'Brien to be hired by the Patriots? Not the part where he is terrible at his job and hated by the players?

Kirk is a monster and needs to be stopped.
That is some posters interpretations of the situation. Nobody knows shit.