***2023 Iowa Football offseason thread***

Uli Kunkel

Fireworks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only think of 3 discrimination suits; Jane Meyer, Tracey Griesbahm, and this one. What's the 4th?

snips

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
hey rob sand - you can't just make shit up like that for your wiki....

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
As much as we all want to blame Barta, this lawsuit is not because of his incompetence
it doesn’t matter at this point. I doubt he gives a fuck at this point.

I feel like Gary led a lot of positive change during his time, consequences be damned. But the narrative as been written. People have no desire to understand details, they are just SURE there’s a better choice out there. Maybe there is.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Sand is a grandstanding douche, but he’s not wrong on this one. The state shouldn’t be paying this. If they’d voted against this, it doesn’t send it to trial. They’d renegotiate, and the department would probably end up paying the whole amount themselves.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Sand is a grandstanding douche, but he’s not wrong on this one. The state shouldn’t be paying this. If they’d voted against this, it doesn’t send it to trial. They’d renegotiate, and the department would probably end up paying the whole amount themselves.
but the fact remains that the state is named as party to the lawsuit.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
but the fact remains that the state is named as party to the lawsuit.
This is a settlement, not a judgment. The AGs office could negotiate this so only the AD pays, if that’s what they chose to do. I doubt the plaintiffs care where the money is coming from.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
They fire Barta you know they will hire the wokest bloke available.

Or blokette.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
KF's statement was basically, “I wasn't caving to those fucking piece of shit liars and the university is a bunch of pussies for doing so” and I appreciate that.

Should still fire his fat son though

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
This is a settlement, not a judgment. The AGs office could negotiate this so only the AD pays, if that’s what they chose to do. I doubt the plaintiffs care where the money is coming from.
right- but if they don’t settle, the BOR could be on the hook for all of it, no?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Given the "skill" the University's lawyers have exhibited up until now...4.1 million is probably a bargain.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
They fire Barta you know they will hire the wokest bloke available.

Or blokette.
I hope they do. I would like to see someone in that position, or really any position, foster a culture of inclusion and acceptance.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I care only insofar as it makes the acceleration of Gary or Brian’s departure more likely, even if remotely.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
KF's statement was basically, “I wasn't caving to those fucking piece of shit liars and the university is a bunch of pussies for doing so” and I appreciate that.

Should still fire his fat son though
Specifically, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz