***2023 Iowa Football offseason thread***

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It is a statistical outlier, nothing more. It is not because Fran yells or because we don’t lift weights or because we are white.

We didn’t need to get lucky; we needed to not be unlucky.
I remember reading somewhere that since 1999 (or maybe earlier) Iowa has played “chalk” in every NCAA tourny they’ve been in. Not once, have they benefitted from an upset on their side of the bracket. Total anomaly.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
It is a statistical outlier, nothing more. It is not because Fran yells or because we don’t lift weights or because we are white.

We didn’t need to get lucky; we needed to not be unlucky.
I would argue the lifting program has been a huge part of it. Garza is about the only player in the last few years that hasn’t been baby shit soft. Tyler Cook also but he seems like fucking forever ago.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Obviously in basketball you have nights where the ball just doesn't go in. So there's some truth to bad luck being a factor.

It's also true, that Iowa's complete lack of giving a shit on defense hurts Iowa's chances. I think there's only been one team with a similar profile to Fran's teams at Iowa that has made a run (a Notre Dame team made an elite eight with an awful defense.)

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Man Penn ST is 2 years more recent than Iowa. I forgot about that OSU team going to the elite 8. How the fuck have we not just gotten lucky one fucking time
poor defense and generally bad guard play

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
Chad wasn't one of those writers. And if you've ever spent any time around the guy who functions as the President's chief of staff, that response to Chad has his tone deaf fuck you attitude written all over it.
Chad isn't much better than Howe and Harty. To this day, he still acts like he has PTSD over being present when BF dropped F bombs in the press box.

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Dochterman seemed quite convinced on his podcast today that Barta won’t be around too much longer

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Dochterman seemed quite convinced on his podcast today that Barta won’t be around too much longer
How much of that is really due to the suit though?

Like, it should be all of it, but he's almost 60 and has been battling cancer for some time. His retirement was probably coming sooner rather than later.

snips

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
it seems like the timing could be right for Barta to step down.
let someone else fuck up the next football hire

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Is this because Kirk doesn’t want to fire Barta?

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
UI, a state taxpayer funded institution, will reimburse the state $2M for the taxpayer funds the state spends on behalf of UI.
Read the article. The athletic department (which is financially independent) will be footing the bill.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Imagine if Rob Sand was a Marine, he would never shut the fuck up about it.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sand I thought is a big Iowa fan. He's not wrong for wanting the Iowa AD to be on the hook. I wouldn't want tax money bailing out pollard for being a dipshit

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Josh Gattis announced as OC for Maryland.

Reaction score

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Oh, you’re not mad he got some of what he wanted. But you are mad he’s getting a tiny bit of credit for voting against it, explaining why, and patting himself on the back. You can tell because you’d be bagging on him if they flipped realities and the other 2 voters had done what he did.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Oh, you’re not mad he got some of what he wanted. But you are mad he’s getting a tiny bit of credit for voting against it, explaining why, and patting himself on the back. You can tell because you’d be bagging on him if they flipped realities and the other 2 voters had done what he did.
you should cut down on the weed.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
Probably, but I’ve never beat my wife so I’ll take advice from someone else.

Meanwhile, you keep pretending Rob got you what you wanted, but that your delicate sensibilities were offended by him patting himself on the back too much. I believe you.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Probably, but I’ve never beat my wife so I’ll take advice from someone else.

Meanwhile, you keep pretending Rob got you what you wanted, but that your delicate sensibilities were offended by him patting himself on the back too much. I believe you.
Ive never beat my wife either. You shouldn't run your mouth about something you know nothing about.