***2023 Iowa Football offseason thread***

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Jesus, I forgot the "important" little tidbit I picked up today. Vines is looking good but also missing some time. Shows good vision and can climb for high balls. Joe looks good. Deacon has the strongest arm my source has ever seen at Iowa but is wild. Cade's mobility is being limited so he's pretty much just throwing from a pure drop back position. Higgins is a monster and has been told to ease up the contact. Cooper and X looking like the most athletic Iowa D Backs within memory and seem to be everywhere. When younger guys are getting reps and Cooper and X have been seen catching passes from a walk on QB, nothing from the QBs that will play, when they aren't involved in D work. Also shagging punts when there's some unstructured time or the coaches are working with smaller groups. Spencer is not always in uniform but does appear involved in coaching in or out of his practice uni, he and Cade spend a lot of time talking. Offensive line is hard to say, some new guys getting reps, lots of minor injuries. Also, unsurprisingly the D Line is very dominant.

One funny story. Deacon Hill was running a kind of bootleg and reserve LB came up and neither guy let up so their helmets collided, and both were knocked straight backward on their asses. The coaches didn't find that nearly as amusing as did my guy and I find it. Sometimes the big boys just like to lay some lumber.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
How they cannot have a good riddance view toward the Spencer Petras era is hard to wrap one’s mind around.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Not even my pessimistic mind can make room for that possibility.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
None of that makes me feel good at all except the stuff about the defense.
On the other hand, having them reach the scoring goal due to significant defensive points would be better than not making that embarrassingly low bar.

Gushawk

Reaction score
If it takes defensive points to get over it, I’d rather we fail and a decision (or pathetic backtracking excuse-making) be forced.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
If it takes defensive points to get over it, I’d rather we fail and a decision (or pathetic backtracking excuse-making) be forced.
I appreciate that view as well, but the amount of shit he’d eat by making it ONLY because of the defense would be pretty great

thrawn

Reaction score
December headlines

Doch: the inside story of how Iowa’s QB revolution circled back to Petras

Chad: DVR Monday: why Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz is back despite missing goals

Howe: how Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz’s extension reinforces white supremacy

Eickholt: Why healthy Spencer is gonna be a problem in the Quick Lane Bowl

Miller: I’m the third wheel in a MFF throuple; why all men should do this

Last edited:

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
My bizarro wet dream is that Brian meets the scoring metric, but we have a below average season and Kirk blames the scoring metric.

"I'm here to win football games, not score points."

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
My bizarro wet dream is that Brian meets the scoring metric, but we have a below average season and Kirk blames the scoring metric.

"I'm here to win football games, not score points."
Nah

hit the scoring average by laying it on some bad teams and scoring 20 against anyone with a pulse. Finish 6-6. Then KF comes out with how he feels good about where we are, that scoring obviously wasn’t the issue at 26.8 ppg the ball just didn’t bounce our way and we’re running it back

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Nah

hit the scoring average by laying it on some bad teams and scoring 20 against anyone with a pulse. Finish 6-6. Then KF comes out with how he feels good about where we are, that scoring obviously wasn’t the issue at 26.8 ppg the ball just didn’t bounce our way and we’re running it back
That’s your wet dream scenario?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
My worst nightmare is after Spencer graduates he will start a midwest branch of QB guru Tony R's School and continue to pass his knowledge on to Iowa QB's.
He might have to open these in another country.

Gushawk

Reaction score
My worst nightmare is after Spencer graduates he will start a midwest branch of QB guru Tony R's School and continue to pass his knowledge on to Iowa QB's.
the funny thing is that there definitely are Metro dads who are big enough dumbfucks to pay money for something like that