2024 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of DBs
Despite Phil's infallibility, the washout or hardly played rate at DB is pretty high. Since 2012:

Draper
Buford
Warfield
Tucker
Joly
Truitt
Embry
Billings
Boswell
Creamer
Turner
Harrell
Colbert (had to switch to LB),
Creamer
DJ Johnson
Lawson
Craddieth (great team member)
Trader (didn't enroll)
Deasfernandes (still hope, but time is running out)

Throw in a couple who were OK or good players, but transferred out. Bracy, Rugamba, Fleming

Then there were a few who played, but weren't exactly stellar. (HaLo favorites.)

Reactions: BBK
Reaction score
Mentally DB is the hardest position to play other than QB and there is no way to really know how good a player is until they show up. It’s no mystery why he continues to bring in walkons, he needs every lottery ticket possible to fill out the lineup.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Despite Phil's infallibility, the washout or hardly played rate at DB is pretty high. Since 2012:

Draper
Buford
Warfield
Tucker
Joly
Truitt
Embry
Billings
Boswell
Creamer
Turner
Harrell
Creamer
DJ Johnson
Lawson
Trader (didn't enroll)

Throw in a couple who were OK or good players, but transferred out. Bracy, Rugamba, Fleming

Then there were a few who played, but weren't exactly stellar. (HaLo favorites.)
You forgot Creamer

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Draper
Buford
Warfield
Tucker
Joly
Truitt
Embry
Billings
Boswell
Creamer
Turner
Harrell
Creamer
DJ Johnson
Lawson
Trader (didn't enroll)

What's crazy is several of those names were mentioned in the past by Parker as guys who were doing a nice job. He coaches hard, but obviously the results speak for themselves.

Reaction score
What's crazy is several of those names were mentioned in the past by Parker as guys who were doing a nice job. He coaches hard, but obviously the results speak for themselves.
Yeah, and many or most were more highly recruited than the secondary of Hooker, Stone, Moss and DeJean.

Reaction score
You did actually forget Brents who was a 2nd round NFL pick after transferring to Kansas State. He was stuck behind Moss/Hankins, but still.

Reaction score
I just thought Brents was in a different category, kind of a "one of those things" case. The '18 DB group was probably the most touted group ever and naturally, the least touted was the star.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Loved in Iowa, moved to Georgia but wanted to move back to Iowa. He’s picking Iowa Friday but it’s 15 months until he can sign.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm already annoyed at what's going to happen when he picks Iowa.

"Remember Proctor?!?!?!"

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
QB James Resar - Jacksonville (Fla.) Bishop Kenny lost to Bishop Moore, 31-21, to drop to 2-1 on the season. Resar completed 4-of-14 passes for 35 yards and two interceptions in the loss

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
I don't remember Shakeys but my dad used to talk about it. Apparently one existed on JFK into the late 80's, maybe early 90's. I did however eat at Beanies a couple times after bar close on central. I remember it being pretty bad.

IowaWigman

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Felt like an elite when my mom would take us to Bishop’s in Kennedy Mall in the early 90’s. We weren’t privy to those types of establishments in Colesburg.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Being able to watch them make pizzas. Wearing the dorky hat. And the self playing piano. Shakey’s was the shit in Sewer City as well.
Still alive and kicking in California and Washington (without the hats and self-playing piano). Twenty-six locations in the Los Angeles area so the hot sluts aren't the only draw for Squawky on UCLA and USC road trips.