#25 Wisconsin @ #5 Iowa • 3/7/21 • 11:30 • FOX

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
1.) Gutsy win by Iowa, outscoring Wisconsin 12-4 down the stretch after trailing 69-65 with only 2+ minutes left.

2.) I know other Hawks made some clutch plays, but Murray saved that game three times down the stretch: once on the rebound of a missed Iowa free throw, followed by calling a time out as he was falling out of bounds; once on a great rebound of a missed shot, followed by a three point play when he made the basket as he was falling down, and then making the free throw; and then making those two clutch free throws after Davison made his two. It's really hard to believe he's only a freshman.

3.) Somebody needs to punch Davison in the mouth.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The funniest Davison play of the season was when he hook and held I believe Cockburn from Illinois but tried to make it look like it was Cockburn that did it. He was pointing to it and told them to go review it. Upon review, it became obvious Davison did it and was trying to steal a call and they called the flagrant on him. If he doesn’t bother bringing attention to it no one would have noticed.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
1.) Gutsy win by Iowa, outscoring Wisconsin 12-4 down the stretch after trailing 69-65 with only 2+ minutes left.

2.) I know other Hawks made some clutch plays, but Murray saved that game three times down the stretch: once on the rebound of a missed Iowa free throw, followed by calling a time out as he was falling out of bounds; once on a great rebound of a missed shot, followed by a three point play when he made the basket as he was falling down, and then making the free throw; and then making those two clutch free throws after Davison made his two. It's really hard to believe he's only a freshman.

3.) Somebody needs to punch Davison in the mouth.
I was going to say that he needs punched in the nuts, but if you hit him in the mouth you will hit one of his teammates in the nuts at the same time so win-win

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
After his (& his team's) postgame bitchfest, now I really want JBo to hit a big 3 in the first half of the game Friday night, and before running back on D, he turns to Gard & the Shitconsin bench to do this to 'em...

Reaction score
glad Connor hit that FT. Had they lost he woulda had some goat horns. Left his man wide open for 2 3s down the stretch.
The beauty of this comment is re-watching the end of the game and seeing NLP's glaring idiocy. The first 3 I'm guessing he's referring to is after a miscommunication on a pick and pop between JB and Luka where Connor had to chase out to Potter. @nolookpass sees Connor trying to close out late so it must be his fault.
The 2nd one, Connor is guarding Trice coming off a screen up top. Keegan is guarding Davis who is spotted up in the corner. After Trice gets around the screen, Keegan steps in to help, he kicks it to the corner. Connor is in the lane at that point but steps out after Davis has caught the ball and is rising up. Again this is on Connor.

Because he's the son of the coach and nepotism. Left his man.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If you want to see what a scumbag Davison is even on a simple layup where he scores, go back and watch the first half at 8:57 when he makes a cut and gets a layup.

Patrick was guarding him and as Davison goes up he kicks his whole body out and then grabs onto Patrick's shoulder and then lands on his lower leg/ankle. Patrick immediately is yelling at the refs and the bench to look at it.

It is just flat out dirty and he should have gotten called for a Flagrant 1 on that play as well.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Davison does a million little dirty things every game. Why did Keegan have to call a timeout after securing that offensive rebound near the end of the game? Because Davison was pushing him out of bounds with his fat ass. The dude seriously needs someone to give him a good beat down a la Spencer Jones.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The whole fucking team is a bunch of dirtback cheap shot flopping fucktards.

Right after the play above happened is where Wieskamp gets injured at the 8:25 mark. As @L. Wade Childress correctly pointed out, the reason that Wieskamp rolled his ankle was no accident, it is because officials allow the holding and grabbing and flopping.

Wahl is hand checking and face guarding Wieskamp the whole time. Wieskamp goes to drive on him and Whal flops and slides his legs out under Wieskamp and causes him to roll his ankle.

Should have been called a foul 5 seconds earlier and for sure on the drive, but they let shit like this go and you end up with a player getting hurt.

Reaction score
Guy I was friends with who was a manager under Alford always used to say that MSU was physical but at least they owned it. Wisconsin under Bo was worse because they'd get away with more by keeping their upper body straight up while fouling you with their lower half and sliding underneath you with their feet. Always had to be conscious of feet sliding under shooters and guys going up.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Guy I was friends with who was a manager under Alford always used to say that MSU was physical but at least they owned it. Wisconsin under Bo was worse because they'd get away with more by keeping their upper body straight up while fouling you with their lower half and sliding underneath you with their feet. Always had to be conscious of feet sliding under shooters and guys going up.
We saw a lot of that today along with lower bodies sticking out on screens as well.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Another cheap fuck play at the 6:30 mark where Davis is driving and Connor picks him up and Davis just grabs Connor's arm with his off hand and pulls him and somehow it is Connor that is called for the foul.

Connor is full of shit nearly every time he has a foul called on him, but this one was legit. He didn't do anything, and if he did it might have been a slight hand check on his hip.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuck Wisconsin. I have said over and over that their Big Ten Championship was a fluke and a joke. They had a laughable schedule their last 8 games and won like 5 coin flip games to run the table.

This year it finally caught up with them. They finished the last 8 games 2-6 and their only wins were against Nebrantska and Northwestern.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
@nolookpass please break down those plays where Connor "left his man" for a 3 in those closing minutes.
I'm happy they won. I watched just the 2nd half at a restaurant. If I'm wrong, on the wide open 3s, I own it. You really couldn't replace him with Nunge or Murray or anyone else and get the kind of numbers he's putting up.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
little closer than I would like but ah well. Is there any scenario where Iowa could get a 1 seed? Beating Illinois on Saturday perhaps?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Wisconsin Twitter is outraged by this call. It seems like Trice is holding on to bohannon's arm after the screen, but I'm not an expert on this stuff. Was this a legitimate call?

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Wisconsin Twitter is outraged by this call. It seems like Trice is holding on to bohannon's arm after the screen, but I'm not an expert on this stuff. Was this a legitimate call?

Correct. Foul was before the shot.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
That, and the flopping bullshit has always been coached there as some bizarre measure of “toughness”. I am not a big fan of Izzo, but his teams play straight up and physical. I am fine with that. I respect Purdue and Rutgers too. Fuck Wisconsin basketball forever, though.

Reaction score
little closer than I would like but ah well. Is there any scenario where Iowa could get a 1 seed? Beating Illinois on Saturday perhaps?
Probably not. Only chance would probably be winning the BTT in a scenario where they deem us and Illinois 4/5 overall and can swap based upon the results of the championship. Not expecting that but it's possible I suppose.

Reaction score
Probably not. Only chance would probably be winning the BTT in a scenario where they deem us and Illinois 4/5 overall and can swap based upon the results of the championship. Not expecting that but it's possible I suppose.
I mean, if iowa beats Illinois the day before selection sunday, I like our odds!

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I mean, if iowa beats Illinois the day before selection sunday, I like our odds!
That game will be tougher than normal. Have to play Friday night against a very physical Penn State or Wisconsin, then Saturday afternoon against Illinois.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Here is a textbook example of the stupid shit Wisconsin does on nearly every possession. And these retards are losing their minds.

defender keeps his upper body straight up...but puts that right knee and thigh out right in to the offensive players groin

fuck all of these stupid hillbillies

Reaction score
That game will be tougher than normal. Have to play Friday night against a very physical Penn State or Wisconsin, then Saturday afternoon against Illinois.
Nope it will be easier!!!