#5 Iowa vs #3 Illinois • BTT Semifinal • 2:30 • CBS

Reaction score
I do wonder if OSU passed us up on the 2 line to be in Baylor's region and avoid B12 3 seeds. Would rather be with Baylor and Arkansas as the 3.

Reaction score
Fuck that. No. You're way too stuck on this.
Huh? We were by all accounts right next to each other. That loss doesn't hurt us but OSU beating Michigan could easily see them bump ahead of us.

Edit: Can see where OSU was interpreted as Okie State. I just meant Ohio State being the 6 overall with us 7. Which would likely mean we go in Gonzaga's region. Probably not a huge deal either way, just talking it out.

Reaction score
Iowa just bitch slapped OSU in the last two weeks at Ohio State. Ohio State stumbled to the end of the year and beat a Michigan team by 1 with Michigan missing one of their best players. They shouldn't jump Iowa

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Huh? We were by all accounts right next to each other. That loss doesn't hurt us but OSU beating Michigan could easily see them bump ahead of us.
I read that incorrect, I thought you were thinking they slip down to a #3 seed.

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa just crushed Ohio State at Ohio State and they are rated higher in every conceivable poll.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Can someone point me to Frans postgame?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Lol that 3 they waved off changed the O/U outcome.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
The degree to which Cockburn is allowed to rape and pillage with impunity should be an embarrassment to the conference.

That said, Illinois is the better team.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Perkins had some good minutes. No clue who the pg is next year

Reaction score
Iowa had opportunities, didn’t really capitalize. When Kofi was out they should have been going to Garza over and over.

Iowa needs an engaged Frederick. Not sure what his problem was today.
There is no way they were going to give Kofi a 5th foul today.

Reaction score
Iowa was playing up hill all game. Was going to take a hell of an effort to pull that off especially with the officiating. Illinois is really good and I feel the same about Iowa now as before this game. Go make a run in the big dance

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
The degree to which Cockburn is allowed to rape and pillage with impunity should be an embarrassment to the conference.

That said, Illinois is the better team.
Maybe, but I sure would like to see an actual well-officiated basketball game to decide that.

It's a goddamn miracle that Iowa was that close that late with that officiating, and leads me to believe the Hawks are every bit as good as them.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Illinois is a legitimately great team. They obviously benefit from a lighter called game, really so does Iowa unless they're facing a team like Illinois. No two games are called alike, so my hope is that whenever the Illini face a light whistle it's either severe enough that they lose in embarrassing fashion (1st round please) or later in the tournament so that the opposing team can take advantage. I really don't like their fans.

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
Perkins had some good minutes. No clue who the pg is next year
The layup where Perkins blew by a guy was a reminder of the general lack of athleticism on the rest of the team.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Need to have some more athletes and enforcers if Iowa is ever going to win another Big Ten championship
Iowa missed Nunge today. Not having any sort of backup to Garza sucks. Also sucks when Iowa gets bogged down in a street fight and their ball movement stops. Way too much dribbling and guys not ready to catch and shoot. When they become hesitant, Garza sees 3 guys.

Reaction score
Iowa just crushed Ohio State at Ohio State and they are rated higher in every conceivable poll.
H2H doesn't factor all that much and they beat us in our building a couple weeks earlier. Entering today both were unanimous 2 seeds and right next to each other on everyone's seed list. I'm not saying it will happen or it's that big of a deal but it's certainly realistic. I'd prefer Gonzaga's region with Arkansas as the 3 but it is what it is and we'd have to get there anyways.