#5 Iowa vs #3 Illinois • BTT Semifinal • 2:30 • CBS

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
That was genuinely the most poorly officiated basketball game I have ever watched. They let Illinois beat the shit out of Iowa all game, and Iowa got away with some pretty egregious stuff too - but it seemed like nearly every foul that actually got called was some little ticky-tack bullshit. Just an abortion of a game all the way around by that officiating crew. I’m impressed as hell that Iowa was able to keep that game so close.

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
It sucks when officiating is like that, but also at some point when officiating is like that I wish Fran would just put Perkins in or Ulis and have them hand check the shit out of the other team themselves.
Today would have been a great day for Fran to get pissed and T'd up early in an attempt to get things called better, but I understand why he'd be reluctant to do that. Mainly because a) it might not work and b) it might actually get worse with a crew like that.

I'd also be ok with your suggestion of mugging them right back with role players.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Garza and Connor very measured in the post-game. Good kids, well, now men.

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
I don't question Iowa's drive at all. Those kids want to win, they're not afraid to play tough, and sometimes they're the tougher team. Not against Illinois though.

I think we could absolutely make a deep run in the NCAAs. They've proven they can win high scoring and low scoring games, and the rugby style of the Big 10 is actually going to help them. They don't quit and can bang around a little.

Hopefully CJ and Wieskamp can get healthy, and Garza can get a little rest.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't question Iowa's drive at all. Those kids want to win, they're not afraid to play tough, and sometimes they're the tougher team. Not against Illinois though.

I think we could absolutely make a deep run in the NCAAs. They've proven they can win high scoring and low scoring games, and the rugby style of the Big 10 is actually going to help them. They don't quit and can bang around a little.

Hopefully CJ and Wieskamp can get healthy, and Garza can get a little rest.
Could have gotten an extra two days if Fran would have sat him!

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Connor gets shoved in the face/neck right in front of the ref and Fran had to basically ask for a T for the refs to consider looking at it. Lol. I want him to go nuclear.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
Fran was pretty calm in his presser. I’m not hitting any panic buttons.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That fucking over turned out of bounds call was absurd. It’s one thing if they change it right away, but it was almost 30 seconds later.
Ref should get a steal for taking it out of whoever was inbounding hands.

Reaction score
That fucking over turned out of bounds call was absurd. It’s one thing if they change it right away, but it was almost 30 seconds later.
They had already talked. They're about to hand Iowa the ball to inbound and the other guy blows his whistle and points the other direction. I truly have never seen that procedurally.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
They had already talked. They're about to hand Iowa the ball to inbound and the other guy blows his whistle and points the other direction. I truly have never seen that procedurally.
Did they watch the replay in arena and change it? Seemed like it.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Only bitching about your team doesn’t make you any more objective than people who are always homers.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
JR is the worst, the really “good” fans can’t stand him and the truly terrible 24/7/365 fans like me can’t fucking stand him either.

just the worst pos on earth.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
JR might not even be in the top (bottom?) quintile.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
This prison-rules shit has been going on for years and it’s usually the same teams doing it. We know it’s going to happen so it’s not even worth bitching about it. Iowa needs to adjust because the BT officiating isn’t changing.

I’m not even that mad. I think fatigue played a part. IL guards are tough under ideal circumstances but bohannon on short rest was getting clowned all day. Also, today was definitely a game where we missed Nunge’s post defense and length.