#5 Iowa vs #3 Illinois • BTT Semifinal • 2:30 • CBS

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Whatever. Illinois is really good and is a poor matchup for Iowa. I will forget about this loss by the time I go to bed. We will be a two seed tomorrow for the first time in my lifetime in the NCAA tourney.

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
This prison-rules shit has been going on for years and it’s usually the same teams doing it. We know it’s going to happen so it’s not even worth bitching about it. Iowa needs to adjust because the BT officiating isn’t changing.

I’m not even that mad. I think fatigue played a part. IL guards are tough under ideal circumstances but bohannon on short rest was getting clowned all day. Also, today was definitely a game where we missed Nunge’s post defense and length.
I don't agree that it's not worth bitching about. The only chance to get it to change is by bitching about it, specifically by the fans. It's too easy for the league to ignore if the players and the coaches bitch because they're too close to the action.

If the fans and/or the media continually point out how awful it is, there's an outside shot at change.

BluesHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, anyway. We're good and can make a run. And I hope for the players and coaches sake we do. They've earned it.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
At the end of the day, they were playing with house money this afternoon. A win would have been great but a loss doesn’t hurt them. Tomorrow’s selection show should be a treat.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Want me to call Pollard and see if he has a form letter you can borrow to complain about the refs?

Jesus, sounds like your theoretical version of CycloneFanatic in here.

Illinois was really good today. Iowa needs Frederick to be good to maximize their results.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
He did get his arm coming across to the ball.

That being said, you can’t call something you don’t see (or hear).

Last edited:

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Want me to call Pollard and see if he has a form letter you can borrow to complain about the refs?

Illinois was really good today. Iowa needs Frederick to be good to maximize their results.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Again, it's ok to say the refs sucked. They did suck. They were terrible.

The difference that has pointed out to you half a dozen times when you do this is that everyone here almost universally agrees that Illinois was better today and nobody is blaming the loss on the refs.

If this were CycloneFanatic (or more importantly your AD), then we would be screaming that the refs are the reason Iowa lost and holding news conferences demanding apology letters. We would be insisting that Iowa is absolutely the better team.

That is the difference, and it is a huge one. I hope you remember this the 8th time you try it.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

Take a hike across your bridge to nowhere

BluesHawk

Reaction score
Not for individual calls though, more just the general style of I am a giant douche officiating.
And in a better officiated game, I still think it's a tossup. Both teams are adaptable. It would just be more fun to watch.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score

No but you can go grab those 2 wins and stick them up your ass.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure how you officiate Cockburn. He’s just so big everything he does appears to be a foul so they don’t call a whole lot. Then Giorgi checks in and they immediately call him for ticky tack shit to make up for what they don’t call Cockburn for.

The shit Curbelo gets away with is much more annoying, specifically the non travel calls. Frazier, Ayo, Miller and Williams play pretty solid defense.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure how you officiate Cockburn. He’s just so big everything he does appears to be a foul so they don’t call a whole lot. Then Giorgi checks in and they immediately call him for ticky tack shit to make up for what they don’t call Cockburn for.

The shit Curbelo gets away with is much more annoying, specifically the non travel calls. Frazier, Ayo, Miller and Williams play pretty solid defense.
I lost it when Curbelo tight-roped the sideline again.

BluesHawk

Reaction score

Here's how you officiate Cockburn. When he commits a foul, you call it. He'll get the hint pretty quick. He's not a stupid player, and he'll adjust. Or he won't and that's on him.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Here's how you officiate Cockburn. When he commits a foul, you call it. He'll get the hint pretty quick. He's not a stupid player, and he'll adjust. Or he won't and that's on him.
We all know that’s never going to happen. He’s developed some skills since last year but his entire game is based on his mass. He can just get a wide base and no one can go around him. Guys just bounce off of him.

BluesHawk

Reaction score
We all know that’s never going to happen. He’s developed some skills since last year but his entire game is based on his mass. He can just get a wide base and no one can go around him. Guys just bounce off of him.
He's a good player. He should absolutely use his size to his advantage. If he's getting away with murder because of it, that's on the refs. If they call it, I think he'd clean it up.

Reaction score
i loved how he leapt 3 feet into garza with his shoulder to back him down and it was a play on.

CamelTones

Reaction score
i loved how he leapt 3 feet into garza with his shoulder to back him down and it was a play on.
Thats kinda what I mean though. If Patrick does that to someone, the only person bouncing off the opposition is Patrick. If Cockburn does it, the other person is gonna go flying. Same play, but since one is massive, it looks worse.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Ayo is a douche but he made me laugh when he screamed “who’s that?” right when Perkins began his ultimately unsuccessful attempt at making a play on the baseline.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what he did was a charge and is usually called a charge.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Felt like Murray didn’t get enough minutes but I see he got 20.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I wonder if Dr. Tom coached that rapid pump fake. Had to have.

Retardedly innovative and kind of worked. But we sure looked like a bunch of dorks.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
i think this is fixed by not seeing teams they have played 2+ times and not having stupid fucking big ten refs.
You think so you dumb old redneck??

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
The Dr. Tom fake airball pass.

That super low to the ground one handed bounce pass to the interior.

That sloppy hustle 6'7" cracker waving his arms all over the place like a psycho guarding the inbounds pass.

Uniquely Iowa.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Wait, what?? CJ is one of our toughest players. One of the only ones who'll take the contact and drive through it into the lane where he usually finishes with a one handed running make of some sort. Works his ass off on D. This a bad take. Very bad.
All while battling through an injury. Everyone saw what happened when we didn't have that soft AF player in the middle of the year. The full retard is a big ole dumbfuck.