8 days to Hawkeye football...

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
And I couldn't be less excited. Someone needs to give me a kick in the arse or something.

Reaction score
BuffettHawk said:
And I couldn't be less excited. Someone needs to give me a kick in the arse or something.
I honestly have been so busy, and just am not thrilled about how the season is starting already...

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
HawkInGopherland said:
BuffettHawk said:
I honestly have been so busy, and just am not thrilled about how the season is starting already...
I'm the exact same way. Maybe it's the move, or my upcoming trip to Costa Rica, but I'm just not excited.

Mr. Hawk

Mean Spirited Asshole
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm more than a little concerned that these recent distractions could lead to a defeat in Chicago, and a subsequent spiraling out of control.

On the other hand, I am happy that Mediacom and the Big Ten are playing nice now.

Reaction score
Mr. Hawk said:
Frankly, I'm more than a little concerned that these recent distractions could lead to a defeat in Chicago, and a subsequent spiraling out of control.

On the other hand, I am happy that Mediacom and the Big Ten are playing nice now.
Yeah...lack of focus could be an issue for the team right now...

KF seems to be good at getting them to focus in the past, but who knows with this band of thugs (dang it, I hate when I say racist things).

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Hey HiG, where is ComCast at in its negotiations with the BTNetwork?

Reaction score
BuffettHawk said:
you must be a bandwagon hack. i couldn't be more excited for the start of a new season.

Reaction score
puravida said:
BuffettHawk said:
you must be a bandwagon hack. i couldn't be more excited for the start of a new season.
He's not bandwagon...trust me. I'm a diehard myself, and while I'm excited for the start of a football season, I'm slightly hungover from the mess that pre-season has become.

You can bet your arse he'll be at Kinnick or at a gamewatch yelling just as loud as always, though. As will I.

newsbreaker

Dickfart
Reaction score
BuffettHawk said:
Rumor has it that they haven't even spoken in 30 days, and have no plans to do so.

Reaction score
newsbreaker said:
BuffettHawk said:
Rumor has it that they haven't even spoken in 30 days, and have no plans to do so.
That is going to bite. But bars with satellites will be able to access the BTN I'm assuming?

Gushawk

Could Push Johnny Weir Down
Reaction score
Mr. Hawk said:
If we lose in Chicago, I'm not sure there's a win out there for this team. Should be the worst team on the schedule by a significant margin. New QB, Wolfe gone, general lack of playmakers on offense; an average MAC defense.

The state of the program is most definitely horrific if we somehow found a way to lose that game. For the record, I think the odds of it happening are extremely long.

Reaction score
I think a big reason for the lack of excitement (for me at least) is that the first game is an away game. I get really fired up think about Kinnick being jam packed with people and everyone stirring on Melrose beforehand. I know that Chicago is not that far and should be Kinnick-east but it still has an effect on me.