**(9) Auburn vs (8) Iowa, NCAA Tournament 3-16-23, 5:50PM, TNT**

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I hate Connor. This is my least favorite Fran team by a mile. I've been a miserable IowaFan fuck all year.

I'm excited and hope they fucking win tomorrow. Go Hawks.
I blame the terrible situation regarding Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz. It’s left an ongoing bad taste in many a mouth.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Most teams can shoot a basketball equally as well regardless of the manufacturer
On one hand it's kind of interesting, on the other it just sounds like excuse making.

That being said, it isn't just an Iowa thing.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I hate Connor. This is my least favorite Fran team by a mile. I've been a miserable IowaFan fuck all year.

I'm excited and hope they fucking win tomorrow. Go Hawks.
this is why I love having four seasons in iowa. I think back to those chilly December days when Patrick was a potential nba draft pick.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I personally appreciate Payton reminding Fran that he is a dumbass sometimes and that Payton needs to be on the floor.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I still feel like if they get a win today Houston is the best one seed the Hawks can face. I know others disagree

KitKatApples

Reaction score
I think all of them likely kick our ass but I think we could score on Houston at least

Reactions: BBK

KitKatApples

Reaction score
They might have the most physical defense in the country and certainly one of the best.
I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but probably easier to do against the likes of Rice and Tulane

Reaction score
Most teams can shoot a basketball equally as well regardless of the manufacturer
While we appear to be especially inept using other manufacturer’s balls, the numbers show your statement not to be true. Last year Auburn averaged way less PPG shooting non-Wilson balls, even after controlling for road vs. home. Other teams numbers appear to show impact as well.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
They have also done it in the tournament the last several years. It is kind of who they are as a program.
I know and to top it off they have Kelvin Sampson, who can legally pay guys and is at a school with no academic restrictions.
So he's pretty much a pig in shit at this point.
That 2021 run they had an awesome draw before getting stomped by Baylor. Iowa would've done the same thing in that bracket with the two seed instead of the draw with Oregon in the 2nd round. last years elite 8 run was more impressive. They're still fags though

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's basically a home game for Auburn, they are a physical team, Iowa is more likely than not to shoot like crap outside Carver, and Auburn has used the official basketball of the tournament for all their home games. Things are looking up. Is there anything else I should know?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's basically a home game for Auburn, they are a physical team, Iowa is more likely than not to shoot like crap outside Carver, and Auburn has used the official basketball of the tournament for all their home games. Things are looking up. Is there anything else I should know?
If you move to Canada you can get the government to pay for your suicide.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
While we appear to be especially inept using other manufacturer’s balls, the numbers show your statement not to be true. Last year Auburn averaged way less PPG shooting non-Wilson balls, even after controlling for road vs. home. Other teams numbers appear to show impact as well.
Ok, i can admit that maybe I’m wrong. But then wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to use the ball the tournament uses all year long?

KitKatApples

Reaction score
I believe it was stated were under a Nike contract.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
Yea we need a miracle but maybe, just maybe we're due.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Rebecca gonna need to play well.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
At least fouls are being called. 10 minutes left in the half and both teams are in the bonus.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
If this team couldn't get psyched up to finish the conference season with a home game against a mediocre team like Nebrantska, then I fail to see them getting psyched up to play Auburn in the NCAAs. This is a tourney game they can typically be counted on to lose, especially if Patrick is the first sub off the bench.

Auburn - 82
Iowa - 72