**(9) Auburn vs (8) Iowa, NCAA Tournament 3-16-23, 5:50PM, TNT**

Reaction score
That sucks. Season was really fun at times but a lot of frustration and ended on a huge dud. Needed Kris and Tony to be studs this year and it rarely happened together with a bunch of no-shows.

Fran is a long ways from perfect but don’t want him to go. Need to hit the portal to get a big and a guard. Have hope for Dix, Bowen, Sandfort and the new guys.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Tourney is still enjoyable even without Iowa ever doing shit

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa’s lack of athleticism once again on display in the tournament. Hit some more open shots and they can overcome that deficiency but not when they don’t play hard. Fran is closing in on Kirk level of nepotism by insisting on giving lethargic Pat extended minutes. If Pat isn’t physically capable of meeting the the basic demands of moving his feet and sprinting to get back on defense then he shouldn’t play. Sandfort is limited athletically as well but at least he plays hard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah, hes softer than Weiskamp.
You referring to the guy that signed a multi-year NBA deal this season - that Wieskamp?

If you’re going to suggest a comp at least make it apple to apples and not simply the first white guy from Iowa in the NBA that you think of. (FWIW - Wieskamp is the only NBA white guy fom Iowa that I can think of - but I’ve had too much to drink to put much effort into thought)

edit - shit, forgot about Garza. Definitely had too much to drink

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I look for the Lads to hit the weights, come back bigger, faster and stronger next year and make a deep run.

Reaction score
I’ve lost so much interest in the tournament, Fran fatigue plus decades of Iowa basketball choke jobs, just so tired of it
Iowa should be a better program than no S16’s in a quarter century & no regular season conference titles in nearly 1/2 a century. Just perpetually stuck where they are.

Reaction score
Kris was 5-18. Tony 4-12 with the worst +/- on the floor for whatever that’s worth.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I think my favorite part of the game was with 3+ left and Rebecca bricked the front end of a 1and1 followed by an immediate foul that turned it from a 4 point to an 8 point game.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I predict Fran shows up in the Fall with a Bruce Pearl chinstrap.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
You referring to the guy that signed a multi-year NBA deal this season - that Wieskamp?

If you’re going to suggest a comp at least make it apple to apples and not simply the first white guy from Iowa in the NBA that you think of. (FWIW - Wieskamp is the only NBA white guy fom Iowa that I can think of - but I’ve had too much to drink to put much effort into thought)

edit - shit, forgot about Garza. Definitely had too much to drink
Doug McDermott still in the league?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
The Key finally got out from under a meanie coach who wouldn't play him enough ... and shot worse, had a lower assist rate, and a lower steal percentage. But he did get 4 more minutes per game.
you are a big numbers guy Milkey...run his stats vs Ulis....

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
With Kris almost certainly gone unless he gets an awful NBA evaluation (and maybe even then, who knows), Perkins, Sandfort, Pat, and Bowen are your core next year. That's just not enough. Ulis is whatever. Maybe Dix has a nice sophomore year. Mulvey and Josh O seem like lost causes at this point. They need transfer help pretty badly.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Everyone knew before the game Auburn was going to have a stretch where they couldn’t miss from 3 despite their percentages. But my God the defensive effort when Auburn put on that run to go up 17 was bad.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
With Kris almost certainly gone unless he gets an awful NBA evaluation (and maybe even then, who knows), Perkins, Sandfort, Pat, and Bowen are your core next year. That's just not enough. Ulis is whatever. Maybe Dix has a nice sophomore year. Mulvey and Josh O seem like lost causes at this point. They need transfer help pretty badly.
Pat in the core makes me want to puke. This team needs several new contributors. I don’t hate Perkins, Sandfart, Bowen or the incoming freshman. Everyone else can GTFO. Especially Pat.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
looks like Da Key had more points, more rebounds, more assists and more steals. In less minutes.

and theres a stat somewhere for defensive efficiency. I know who wins that battle as well

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Next year doesn’t look great with the current roster. With NIL and transfer opportunities it could get better quickly but I wouldn’t count on it.

Perhaps Fran’s alleged flirtation with Notre Dame is being partially driven by next year’s likely talent issues.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
looks like Da Key had more points, more rebounds, more assists and more steals. In less minutes.

and theres a stat somewhere for defensive efficiency. I know who wins that battle as well

Will you go on record to say Iowa would have won their first round game this season with Toussaint as PG?

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
My wife: Is he crying?

Me: Rebraca? He better be, he just blew another game at the free throw line.

My wife: No. Our son. You woke him up when you yelled fuck.
One day, like my son, your boy will grow up and will be yelling fuck from his bedroom while watching the game. Hopefully, your wife will look at you in disgust like mine does.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Joe T shot the ball quite a bit more this year than he did last year. He also missed a shit ton of shots. But at least he bricked a bunch! He wouldn’t have made a bit of difference on this particular Iowa team.
It’s just a dumb argument being made by someone who is embarrassed that they were wrong.

Of course, he’s better than Ulis. That is not very high praise. But Iowa didn’t choose Ulis over him. He transferred, which is his right.

The point is that the reasons offered for his transfer here on this board pretty much turned out to be wrong.