**(9) Auburn vs (8) Iowa, NCAA Tournament 3-16-23, 5:50PM, TNT**

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Toussaint fucking sucked. Why are we talking about him?
Because nlp spent all season obsessing about a guy that left that plays on ice skates. Both PG options were shit, one left and was shit elsewhere. The leftovers were a guy that was shit, a young shitty guy and another guy handling the ball that was the coach’s son that was also shit. Shit everywhere with shit results. Go get a real point guard.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Next year doesn’t look great with the current roster. With NIL and transfer opportunities it could get better quickly but I wouldn’t count on it.

Perhaps Fran’s alleged flirtation with Notre Dame is being partially driven by next year’s likely talent issues.
Why would Notre Dame consider Fran? That makes zero sense.

snips

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
is ND at all interested in Fran, really? I've seen nothing to indicate this

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I look for the Lads to hit the weights, come back bigger, faster and stronger next year and make a deep run.
looks like Da Key had more points, more rebounds, more assists and more steals. In less minutes.

and theres a stat somewhere for defensive efficiency. I know who wins that battle as well

FEWER

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Kirk's agent told Garta that Notre Lame was sniffing around Fran, so I look for Garta to give Fran a big raise and extend his contract.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Fran would be the #3 fallback at this point. They could certainly do worse, given the state of the program.

Not sure who is Devries agent, but he could certainly end up at iowa if he plays this right. He is totally happy in DSM.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
I’m tired of Fran being a players coach. I don’t want them to love him I want them think he’s a giant asshole. Maybe they wouldn’t play like giant pussies anymore.
I want them to love him and show it by playing tough, energetic basketball , with a sense of urgency. That’s just me though. I’m not Haloman.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran would be the #3 fallback at this point. They could certainly do worse, given the state of the program.

Not sure who is Devries agent, but he could certainly end up at iowa if he plays this right. He is totally happy in DSM.
You know you don't know shit. We know you don't know shit. You know we know you don't know shit.

Reaction score

What do you propose is that play?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
What do you propose is that play?
he’s from iowa, comfortable in dsm, and turning down the job (and coaching his son) isn’t a big of a deal as it would be compared to someone like, say, 2010 Fran, Groce, Lowery, etc.

I don’t know where Fran is on the priority list exactly, but options B and C will have other high major decisions to make. I assume Boals and Smith are on the list

Fran is a proven rebuilder, has a top 100 son in high school, pat could clearly use a fresh start, and they would still be close to family.

Reaction score
he’s from iowa, comfortable in dsm, and turning down the job (and coaching his son) isn’t a big of a deal as it would be compared to someone like, say, 2010 Fran, Groce, Lowery, etc.

I don’t know where Fran is on the priority list exactly, but options B and C will have other high major decisions to make. I assume Boals and Smith are on the list

Fran is a proven rebuilder, has a top 100 son in high school, pat could clearly use a fresh start, and they would still be close to family.
Everything I’ve read and heard is that Shrewsberry ends up there if he doesn’t get Georgetown. I don’t know how Devries’ agent plays ND into hiring Fran so he can end up here.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

we heard the "top 100" stuff about Connor and Patrick, too.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Yep. Connor had a run where he was shooting great but fell off a cliff. Ulis had a few games but I think he just needs to move along to the MVC.
Seemed like he just quit shooting or trying to score all together

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I want them to love him and show it by playing tough, energetic basketball , with a sense of urgency. That’s just me though. I’m not Haloman.
They do love him. They also get their shit pushed in a lot during big games. Try something new.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I hate Frans recruiting and don’t see how anyone in this incoming class helps.

it’s like watching every other team in the fall have a mobile QB.

just very limited athletically, no leaders or ass kickers. We are probably the whitest team in the tournament.

Garza worked his ass off to become what he was and got lucky with the Murray’s but the rest is a largely a joke. Fran recruits likes he still white magic

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Firing Fran would probably feel great in the moment but would most likely be the second coming of the Tom Davis saga. The sad truth is he’s only a somewhat coherent defense away from making the next step we all want, and a good AD with a spine would help force that along through coaching moves.

Obviously that’s not happening due to Garta, but go ahead and fire him and see how it goes. I despise the lack of defense and his propensity to overplay his sons as much as anyone, but let’s not go full message board tard after a dumb tournament loss.

Reaction score
Garza worked his ass off to become what he was and got lucky with the Murray’s but the rest is a largely a joke. Fran recruits likes he still white magic
This is dumb. You can’t just say a guy got lucky every time someone hit or “that guy just worked hard”. He’s had a 1st team all Big Ten guy like 8/10 years.
He needs to be better at finding guards.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Remember when folks didn’t want Pearl to Iowa because “ baggage”?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Oh my God if Houston loses I’m going to be fucking pissed.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I hate Frans recruiting and don’t see how anyone in this incoming class helps.

it’s like watching every other team in the fall have a mobile QB.

just very limited athletically, no leaders or ass kickers. We are probably the whitest team in the tournament.

Not sure how you can watch Sandfort or Rebraca and say that.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Firing Fran would probably feel great in the moment but would most likely be the second coming of the Tom Davis saga. The sad truth is he’s only a somewhat coherent defense away from making the next step we all want, and a good AD with a spine would help force that along through coaching moves.

Obviously that’s not happening due to Garta, but go ahead and fire him and see how it goes. I despise the lack of defense and his propensity to overplay his sons as much as anyone, but let’s not go full message board tard after a dumb tournament loss.
it is incredible how people hang on stupid narratives like this. It’s like the PELOSI!!!! of iowa athletics.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Because nlp spent all season obsessing about a guy that left that plays on ice skates. Both PG options were shit, one left and was shit elsewhere. The leftovers were a guy that was shit, a young shitty guy and another guy handling the ball that was the coach’s son that was also shit. Shit everywhere with shit results. Go get a real point guard.
We need a guy that plays on snow shoes.