**(9) Auburn vs (8) Iowa, NCAA Tournament 3-16-23, 5:50PM, TNT**

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
it is incredible how people hang on stupid narratives like this. It’s like the PELOSI!!!! of iowa athletics.
We have an AD who is controlled by his subordinates and has cost the university millions of dollars in lawsuits. He may be a nice guy but what? The revenue generating portion of the athletic department is run like a family business.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
BTW, can we stop talking shit about Rebraca? He was undersized but battled his ass off. Here’s his senior stats compared to a beloved Hawkeye big man from the past 20 years. Considering Rebraca’s physical limitations compared to our opponents this year and the turds on Iowa’s roster backing him up, I won’t stand for the “Flip sucks” talk.

Rebraca:
PPG- 14.1
RBG- 7.6
Ass- 2.1
SPG- .5
BPG- 1.0
To/G- 1.7
MPG- 31.5
FG%- 57.1%
FT- 67.1%

Bru:
PPG- 14.1
RBG- 9.2
Ass- 1.8
SPG- 1.0
BPG- .6
To/G- 2.5
MPG- 32.0
FG%- 45.4%
FT- 69.5%

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
This is dumb. You can’t just say a guy got lucky every time someone hit or “that guy just worked hard”. He’s had a 1st team all Big Ten guy like 8/10 years.
He needs to be better at finding guards.
And he’s goes out and signs a midget PG. Harding might be skilled but the guy is like 5’7. Clearly skilled but I can’t see him being overly successful in the big ten. Felt like he finally got one in Bowen who he was in on so early and then the guy never played while Connor and Ulis continued their ineptitude. IDGAF about all big ten players if you can’t win consistently in March.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
And he’s goes out and signs a midget PG. Harding might be skilled but the guy is like 5’7. Clearly skilled but I can’t see him being overly successful in the big ten. Felt like he finally got one in Bowen who he was in on so early and then the guy never played while Connor and Ulis continued their ineptitude. IDGAF about all big ten players if you can’t win consistently in March.
defense will likely be an issue with Harding but we desperately need a pg that can create with the ball in his hands.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
This is dumb. You can’t just say a guy got lucky every time someone hit or “that guy just worked hard”. He’s had a 1st team all Big Ten guy like 8/10 years.
He needs to be better at finding guards.
If anything he’s been unlucky. Christ stick Nunge on this team and it’s a whole lot different

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Rebraca was great. Running the offense thru him was a Death Blow though. He was awesome as a second or third option.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
BTW, can we stop talking shit about Rebraca? He was undersized but battled his ass off. Here’s his senior stats compared to a beloved Hawkeye big man from the past 20 years. Considering Rebraca’s physical limitations compared to our opponents this year and the turds on Iowa’s roster backing him up, I won’t stand for the “Flip sucks” talk.

Rebraca:
PPG- 14.1
RBG- 7.6
Ass- 2.1
SPG- .5
BPG- 1.0
To/G- 1.7
MPG- 31.5
FG%- 57.1%
FT- 67.1%

Bru:
PPG- 14.1
RBG- 9.2
Ass- 1.8
SPG- 1.0
BPG- .6
To/G- 2.5
MPG- 32.0
FG%- 45.4%
FT- 69.5%
Yeah but he’s like 3 inches taller than Brunner.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Rebraca was great. Running the offense thru him was a Death Blow though. He was awesome as a second or third option.
I much preferred running it through him than watching Connor try to draw doubles by backing his guy down in the post. Fuck that.

Rebraca battled his ass off and got very little rest.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He’s better than Fran?
I’ll concede that (but not by as much as you think), but when was there ever a serious choice between the two? And in the pre-NIL era one guy carried a hell of a lot more risk.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I much preferred running it through him than watching Connor try to draw doubles by backing his guy down in the post. Fuck that.

Rebraca battled his ass off and got very little rest.
Meh. Okay I guess.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
I harbor no ill will toward Rebraca. Fucking guy battled and gave a shit every game. Other than Sandfart and probably Connor nobody else was even close

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Iowa's coaches are not going to change because they don't have to. They've both made lots of money and are still under contract for lots of money. Just like how Iowa football is choosing in this day and age to have a bad offense, Iowa basketball is choosing to have a bad defense.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
he’s from iowa, comfortable in dsm, and turning down the job (and coaching his son) isn’t a big of a deal as it would be compared to someone like, say, 2010 Fran, Groce, Lowery, etc.

I don’t know where Fran is on the priority list exactly, but options B and C will have other high major decisions to make. I assume Boals and Smith are on the list

Fran is a proven rebuilder, has a top 100 son in high school, pat could clearly use a fresh start, and they would still be close to family.
all of them are top 100 until they play in college … no thanks

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Harding is the same size as Bowen. If anything the difference is like .5” and 5 pounds.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I’ll concede that (but not by as much as you think), but when was there ever a serious choice between the two? And in the pre-NIL era one guy carried a hell of a lot more risk.
Oh fuck off with risk. One has a final four banner and one has his dipshit kids being retarded

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
for the record, it is hereby noted that gustang disapproves of recruiting the offspring of 6-5 former division 1 basketball players who are consensus top 100 players.
I once was ok with it, but i’ve seen enough

Uli Kunkel

Fireworks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack has a lot to live up to. Is it statistically possible for all three to be this bad?

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
he needs to go elsewhere. He should look at Augustana

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Oh fuck off with risk. One has a final four banner and one has his dipshit kids being retarded
Pearl cheated (at the time) to get better talent and generally underachieved with it. If you can’t see that I don’t know what to say. Iowa dabbled with this tactic under Raveling, but I was more speaking under the umbrella of what Iowa’s admin was willing to do. And with NIL I’d argue it’s a moot point now.

TL;DR Bruce Pearl is a good/slimy recruiter and a mediocre coach. Kevin fucking Ollie has a title, maybe look a little deeper.

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
Never did get that 20th win. Snapped a streak of 4 straight 20 win seasons.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I haven't seen Jack play, is he just a taller version of Connor?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Jack has a lot to live up to. Is it statistically possible for all three to be this bad?
It’s not possible that Fran have the two dumbest players, right? That right there is considerable improvement. And Jack won’t think “jump and hope” is a viable offensive strategy.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I’m guessing the whiny crybaby twats spent the flight home holding hands and watching One Tree Hill.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I think my favorite part of the game was with 3+ left and Rebecca bricked the front end of a 1and1 followed by an immediate foul that turned it from a 4 point to an 8 point game.
I’m four pages behind in this thread…but there was no more painful moment than Iowa down 6 points….getting a turnover, Kris bricking the layup, and then Auburn buried a 3 in transition; down 9. Iowa failed to score on its next possession, while Auburn hit another three

Iowa went from cutting the lead to 4….to down 12 in an instant.