All-Time Ferentz Era Worst 2-Deeps

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Jacob Hillyer for sure.
What is wrong with you? First Humpal and Klink and now Hillyer over Shumpert? If my memory serves, Don had zero meaningful catches. Hillyer had many, including Iowa's first first down of the Rose Bowl.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
What is wrong with you? First Humpal and Klink and now Hillyer over Shumpert? If my memory serves, Don had zero meaningful catches. Hillyer had many, including Iowa's first first down of the Rose Bowl.
Hillyer sucked

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They chose a backup QB (weinke) to punt instead of Kornbrath 14 times in 2012. And he almost had the exact same average distance. That might be the single worst punting season for Iowa.
Yeah, but Rastetter single handily fucked Iowa out of 3-4 wins when we had a really good teams. Likely cost at least 1 if not 2 trips to the Big Ten Championship games.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It's crazy how hard it is to fill out the OL and DL positions.

The DB positions are only easy because of the whites.
For offensive line, Wes Aeschilman. He was large but couldn’t move.

SuperHans

Reaction score
Hillyer started and was ok on an undefeated team. He isn't in the Top 10 worst WR's under Ferentz.
Yeah he started and had 16 catches all damn season. He was a blocking WR like some teams have blocking tight ends. He had shitty hands and was slow as hell.

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah he started and had 16 catches all damn season. He was a blocking WR like some teams have blocking tight ends. He had shitty hands and was slow as hell.
For some reason I just remember him dropping a lot of balls, not getting separation and still having the ball force fed to him. I’m also pretty sure there weren’t a lot of superior options then so I may have to withdraw.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuck that piece of dog shit Colten Rastetter. He started on teams that won 8, 9 and 10 games.

Those teams would have had something like 9, 11, 12 wins if he is even average.

He was and is the worst impactful player in the 23 years of Ferentz next to that buttfuck Spencer Petras.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
This thread is in bad taste and lacks solid parameters. I will not participate.

That said, if that cocksucker who pitched the ball OOB on a kickoff return against Tennessee isn’t on the list this whole thread should be deleted

CamelTones

Reaction score
Fuck that piece of dog shit Colten Rastetter. He started on teams that won 8, 9 and 10 games.

Those teams would have had something like 9, 11, 12 wins if he is even average.

He was and is the worst impactful player in the 23 years of Ferentz next to that buttfuck Spencer Petras.
2018 at Purdue sticks out the most. First Iowa picks up a huge first down late only to have the ref call a phantom hold on Keegan Render. Pretty much every Iowa fan knew what the resulting punt was going to look like and he didn’t disappoint.

SuperHans

Reaction score
For some reason I just remember him dropping a lot of balls, not getting separation and still having the ball force fed to him. I’m also pretty sure there weren’t a lot of superior options then so I may have to withdraw.
He got PT over Willies, one of the few receivers under Ferentz who actually played in an NFL game.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
This thread is in bad taste and lacks solid parameters. I will not participate.

That said, if that cocksucker who pitched the ball OOB on a kickoff return against Tennessee isn’t on the list this whole thread should be deleted
It's created 3 pages of discussion in an hour and it rules.

CamelTones

Reaction score
We still need 5 OL
He never played but you might as well throw Blake Larson on there because he’s someone we thought was going to be incredible and was dog shit. Chris Felder was another highly rated offensive lineman that was forced to leave football after 3 years.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
It's crazy how hard it is to fill out the OL and DL positions.

The DB positions are only easy because of the whites.
DL is tough because a bad defensive lineman is largely individually unnoticeable.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He never played but you might as well throw Blake Larson on there because he’s someone we thought was going to be incredible and was dog shit. Chris Felder was another highly rated offensive lineman that was forced to leave football after 3 years.
It is so hard to come up with OL that we have a guy that had a good senior year and played in the NFL....

CamelTones

Reaction score
I thought Richard Kittrell (The Big Human) was going to win the Heisman from his defensive tackle spot when he signed because Rivals listed his 40 time at 4.7 seconds as a 300 pound human.

thrawn

Reaction score
If you changed this from two deeps to a top (bottom) 44 regardless of position (but still weighted for PT), how many WRs are there? 10?

douglasbader

Reaction score
If you changed this from two deeps to a top 44 regardless of position (but still weighted for PT), how many WRs are there? 10?
I think you could have 40 different WR's and DB's and most of them white or non-black.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm putting Simple Jack Kallenberger on there at DT, because he sucked so much he likely cost us his brother playing this year.

CamelTones

Reaction score
If you changed this from two deeps to a top (bottom) 44 regardless of position (but still weighted for PT), how many WRs are there? 10?
Would the 2000 receiving corp of Hill, Kasper and Ryan Barton be top 5 of the Ferentz era?

2009 and 2010 were pretty top heavy.