All-Time Ferentz Era Worst 2-Deeps

Reaction score
It warrants mentioning Nico Ragaini has been in the two deeps for five years and has 31 starts. I can't remember a single memorable catch of his.

Many of the names being bandied about were fringe two deep starters at best with a couple of starts.

thrawn

Reaction score
It warrants mentioning Nico Ragaini has been in the two deeps for five years and has 31 starts. I can't remember a single memorable catch of his.

Many of the names being bandied about were fringe two deep starters at best with a couple of starts.
Ragiani had the game-wining TD in the 3 v 4 Penn State game. He sucked, but not remembering that is on you.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Nordman was a better athlete than any WR Iowa has now not named Kaleb Brown.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
The fucker played in 63 games and averaged 25 yards per game. 4 total TDs over that span. Only at Iowa would a WR with that type of production get to play in 63 fucking games.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Ragaini is awful and may not be worthy of making the all time two deep, but he should be on the short list. My least favorite Iowa WR of all time.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Looking at this list from OP:
WR - Paul Cheney Jr., Jerminic Smith
WR - Trey Stross, Herb Grigsby

There is not one of those I would take Ragaini over personally.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Ragaini is awful and may not be worthy of making the all time two deep, but he should be on the short list. My least favorite Iowa WR of all time.
And many here were happy he was coming back...for depth purposes of course (eat shit, faggots). The group text has never been more right.

Please tell me 2024 will be the last of the 6 year players being given another year because of COVID.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
And many here were happy he was coming back...for depth purposes of course (eat shit, faggots). The group text has never been more right.

Please tell me 2024 will be the last of the 6 year players being given another year because of COVID.
1704312776550.jpeg

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
I think this is a uniquely Iowa problem among p5 programs. I can't think of another program where a fan base has to debate whether the HC is either retarded or vindictive because he insists on playing awful players over slightly less awful players. Sometimes he plays marginal players over much more talented players (Rudock vs. Beathard). It's fucking madness.

There isn't a program in the country where Deacon Hill would have gotten more than a game before the coach brought in Lainez. Or who would have stuck with Petras for what felt like a decade. That's just at QB. Our best WR by a wide margin was Kaleb Brown and my guess is that Rigatoni out-snapped him. You see the same dumbfuckery at other positions too but it's just not as noticeable.

I get it. Fans are oftentimes morons when it comes to talent evaluation. They're always screaming for the backup when the starter struggles. Iowa is different though. Our fans are usually correct.

It's exhausting being an Iowa fan. I can't wait for both programs to hit the reset button even if it means they suck in the short term.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
It's exhausting being an Iowa fan. I can't wait for both programs to hit the reset button even if it means they suck in the short term.
Imagine the thoughts in Fran's head while watching Iowa Football, and likewise Ferentz's while watching Iowa Basketball.

Each likely thinks that the other coach has things all wrong.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Imagine the thoughts in Fran's head while watching Iowa Football, and likewise Ferentz's while watching Iowa Basketball.

Each likely thinks that the other coach has things all wrong.
1704316120022.jpeg

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think this is a uniquely Iowa problem among p5 programs. I can't think of another program where a fan base has to debate whether the HC is either retarded or vindictive because he insists on playing awful players over slightly less awful players. Sometimes he plays marginal players over much more talented players (Rudock vs. Beathard). It's fucking madness.

There isn't a program in the country where Deacon Hill would have gotten more than a game before the coach brought in Lainez. Or who would have stuck with Petras for what felt like a decade. That's just at QB. Our best WR by a wide margin was Kaleb Brown and my guess is that Rigatoni out-snapped him. You see the same dumbfuckery at other positions too but it's just not as noticeable.

I get it. Fans are oftentimes morons when it comes to talent evaluation. They're always screaming for the backup when the starter struggles. Iowa is different though. Our fans are usually correct.

rudock is a bad example. We went from 4-8 to 8-4 when he took over. Injuries slowed him a bit in 2014, but he ended up starting at Michigan and playing in the NFL.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
rudock is a bad example. We went from 4-8 to 8-4 when he took over. Injuries slowed him a bit in 2014, but he ended up starting at Michigan and playing in the NFL.
A very perplexing thing.