Baseballa33

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone so full of shit, not even myself. This is the guy who passes himself as an actual real life insider, but when that guy from Minnesota tweeted that he committed to IOWA, baseballa33 started spouting off how excited the staff was about him and what a great pick up. The problem was is the kid committed to Elsworth.

Baseballa33 said:
steel - Bradley was never a viable option and I mentioned that all along due to some administrators. Who they were I do not know, but they were important enough for their comments to carry weight. However we all must realize that just because somebody seems like a good option doesn't mean that they are interested in Iowa or vice versa. KF fielded interest from a variety of different candidates both from the NCAA and NFL ranks. There were even conversations with a few former Hawkeyes. Obviously KF is not going to reveal who he talked to and fans will be left wondering. However I advocated for hiring Phil all along not only because of what I was told, but what I believed. I think he is a great hire and will do a fine job as DC. He has fire in his belly and a mind full of new ideas that can help this program out. People are going to complain, but people like Tom, 73chief, myself, Hawksin05, and several others stated that Phil was the top candidate and would be the next DC. Obviously as time went on it became more of a mystery and I admit there were times where I wondered whether or not Phil was eliminated from consideration. However I was told he was always the logical replacement for Norm and that the major reason for turning down other job opportunities was because he wanted to be Iowa's DC. Phil received endorsements from quite a few former and current Hawkeyes for the position and each time KF pondered the thought of hiring from outside the program all signs pointed to Phil being the best option. A surprising hire? No. A fallback plan? Absolutely not. It is a shame that so many people criticized Phil and those who believed in him. It is also a shame that several fans ignored some of the obvious issues with other candidates they considered superior simply because they wanted anybody but Phil to have the job. Seeing people post things like "Anybody but Parker" as a candidate choice is pathetic to me and those individuals obviously haven't looked over his resume or talked to one of his former players. I think he will do a great job as a DC and I am excited that he finally gets the opportunity. I hope the rest of our fans will rally behind Phil and the new coaches we hire because the next few seasons are important to the future of our program and our players and coaches need all the support they can get. I apologize because I know that was a lot, but many of these thoughts have been brewing in my head over the past 2-3 days and after hearing that Phil was officially named DC I wanted to make some of them known. I am excited for Phil, and I think I am as happy tonight as I would have been with any other DC choice.

As for the other openings I was also told that LeVar will be added to the staff as well. I have heard some names tossed around for the offensive openings, but nothing different than a few we have seen mentioned. I think both Soup and Erb would make great OCs, but I can understand if KF goes in another direction as well. Not sure when we will hear more about the offensive openings, but considering the length of time for the hires that were announced today I would plan on being patient. If I heard anything more than whispers I will pass it along as always.
He said absolutely NOTHING in that entire post and covers his ass in every single sentence:

- Admins said NO to Bradley, but Bradley was never considered. HUH?
- Kirk fielded interest from NFL and even had conversations with former players, but nobody knows.

There are many more ridiculous things in there that I don't want to type right

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
So we're going to start whole new threads about retarded retards who don't know what they're talking about now? That's what we're doing? There's going to be like a bajillion threads to sort through.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
"mind full of new ideas" - lmao.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
at 1:08 AM you shouldnt be obsESSing about what some other insider said on another message board. Try some Melatonin.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
Baseballa33 said:
steel - Bradley was never a viable option and I mentioned that all along due to some administrators. Who they were I do not know, but they were important enough for their comments to carry weight. However we all must realize that just because somebody seems like a good option doesn't mean that they are interested in Iowa or vice versa. KF fielded interest from a variety of different candidates both from the NCAA and NFL ranks. There were even conversations with a few former Hawkeyes. Obviously KF is not going to reveal who he talked to and fans will be left wondering. However I advocated for hiring Phil all along not only because of what I was told, but what I believed. I think he is a great hire and will do a fine job as DC. He has fire in his belly and a mind full of new ideas that can help this program out. People are going to complain, but people like Tom, 73chief, myself, Hawksin05, and several others stated that Phil was the top candidate and would be the next DC. Obviously as time went on it became more of a mystery and I admit there were times where I wondered whether or not Phil was eliminated from consideration. However I was told he was always the logical replacement for Norm and that the major reason for turning down other job opportunities was because he wanted to be Iowa's DC. Phil received endorsements from quite a few former and current Hawkeyes for the position and each time KF pondered the thought of hiring from outside the program all signs pointed to Phil being the best option. A surprising hire? No. A fallback plan? Absolutely not. It is a shame that so many people criticized Phil and those who believed in him. It is also a shame that several fans ignored some of the obvious issues with other candidates they considered superior simply because they wanted anybody but Phil to have the job. Seeing people post things like "Anybody but Parker" as a candidate choice is pathetic to me and those individuals obviously haven't looked over his resume or talked to one of his former players. I think he will do a great job as a DC and I am excited that he finally gets the opportunity. I hope the rest of our fans will rally behind Phil and the new coaches we hire because the next few seasons are important to the future of our program and our players and coaches need all the support they can get. I apologize because I know that was a lot, but many of these thoughts have been brewing in my head over the past 2-3 days and after hearing that Phil was officially named DC I wanted to make some of them known. I am excited for Phil, and I think I am as happy tonight as I would have been with any other DC choice.

As for the other openings I was also told that LeVar will be added to the staff as well. I have heard some names tossed around for the offensive openings, but nothing different than a few we have seen mentioned. I think both Soup and Erb would make great OCs, but I can understand if KF goes in another direction as well. Not sure when we will hear more about the offensive openings, but considering the length of time for the hires that were announced today I would plan on being patient. If I heard anything more than whispers I will pass it along as always.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Who the fuck is Baseballa33?
A guy that obviously has SOMEBODY he gets his info from. I think he got a little overzealous with it the last month or so during the recuiting season and started weighing in on almost EVERY rumor.

He's probably got solid sources but his ego got him a little bit. I think he learned his lesson.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don't feel bad for anyone who believes that dude

i do feel bad for anyone that cares

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Post # 6 in this thread is clever. Someone pick up on it dammit.

Reaction score
I love how he calls coaches by their first or nicknames.

INSIDER!!111!!

Reaction score
Post # 6 in this thread is clever. Someone pick up on it dammit.

Here weego
I knew that dog was from a SB commercial, but couldn't remember the details or context.

I guess that means the commercial wasn't very good at imprinting its' message, at least not with me.
In a year of subpar commercials, I thought this was one of the better ones. But nowhere near as good as past Bud Light efforts.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
CJ ftw. Mikey, tell your work to quit filtering so much funny shit.

Reaction score
FWIW my GF hated the Weego commercial and called it cruelty to animals which was interesting since they were trying to get the adopt a rescue dog message across.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Hey Yugo, tell your girlfriend halo wants to see her beefcurtains.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
what did he say now?

he had a long post the other day that everyone slobbered all over but in reality he said absolutely nothing that wasnt available through hawk central.

douglasbader

Reaction score
what did he say now?

he had a long post the other day that everyone slobbered all over but in reality he said absolutely nothing that wasnt available through hawk central.
That and another post today is exactly what I am referring to. He made that huge long post and said absolutely nothing new. In fact, he waited to spill all of his "info" after a complete review of the Iowa Pro day by multiple sites, the Spring 2-Deeps, program and Ferentz's press conference to post anything.

Now he has a post on recruiting up where he says nothing.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Here is a typical Baseballa33 post:

Iowa has as good a chance as any program, but it isn't going to be easy. Iowa has historically done well with the Sandeman/Sash/Hill type players from Iowa but has lost out on the Arrington/Barrent/French/Darboh type guys. I wouldn't call him an Iowa lean/lock, but Iowa will be there until the end.

Reaction score
That guy has to be a massive strokeoff in real life if you were to meet him. I'm really angry I read that now.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Do people act like his posts contain actual information?

If so, I sort of find his act somewhat amusing.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Do people act like his posts contain actual information?

If so, I sort of find his act somewhat amusing.
People soak that shit up. And he relishes the spotlight.

Like most things on the internet, though, everybody is a winner. He feels cool. Retards think they are getting inside info. The intelligent people laugh at the whole situation.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I like his posts

douglasbader

Reaction score
I want to curbstomp MidnightBlueSix and Hawktomegoose.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Can someone tell BRANDONJ8 if Cody Cox is staying or leaving????

bihtime

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Can someone tell BRANDONJ8 if Cody Cox is staying or leaving????
He seems to have accepted the fact that Cody Cox won't be on the team next year, but now demands Fran say something.

since cody cox is leaving the team why hansn't there been a article in the newspaper about it yet. or fran has to say something about it Blair sanderson. i knoe there was something in the newspaper about Jordan stormer last year in the newspaper.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He also wants to know who is going to be on the roster next year. This guy is either retarded or fake.

douglasbader

Reaction score
LOL. Nobody would answer him about Cody Cox so he made a separate thread asking what the roster would be. Someone said you mean the starting lineup? He responded, no, the entire roster with walkons.

Hilarious.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I follow Iowa Basketball as much as anyone and I often forget Cody Cox is even on the team.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Works at Menards and is handicapped.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I know. I figured you did.

at least everyone already thinks you're an asshole.