Bracketology

Reaction score
And for everyone who says this won't matter next year because we'll be in, remember that the vast majority of the field was seeded within 1 line of where their RPI had them.

WestMifflin

Traitorous Wisconsinite
Reaction score
The "road win" comment for MTSU was really stupid too. I hope the committee director was just talking out of his ass.
As BPredict and others pointed out, that's just him not having anything to say. They just come up with something or claim "the eye test" but he knew that wouldn't fly this year.

There's a reason I took the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to everything that came from Bobinski and the committee this year. They pull the same shit every year. And actually, seeding and selection this year indicated that they put more emphasis on RPI than previous years.
I know it has been mentioned before, but it was really fucking weird when Bobinski kept referring to MTSU as a "Veteran Team" and has "the profile we were looking for" in all his media interviews last night. That really pissed me off.

Reaction score
By subbing out South Carolina St. and Howard for Coe and Upper Iowa our SOS moves from something like 307 to the 160's.

It's just laughable that they still use this system.
No way. Are you serious?

It goes up 150 spots just by removing those two teams??

If that is the case, there is absolutely no reason not to do it.
Well the article showed that by Maryland subbing out their 2 worst for 2 non-D1's they went from 305 to 160. Their 2 worst were 342 and 345. Our 2 worst were 335 and 342. So yeah we would have been around 160.

Or replace them with Tennessee St. (105) and Caisius (118) and you probably get something similar.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
it is ripping off the fans, but we have to do it next year. seriously schedule wartburg or grinnell or another IIAC team with a ton of iowa fans unless they change the rpi calc.

i used to be against it because i thought it was shortchanging the fans of a good game, but fuck it. everyone will understand and it will be a boon for the local d-3 schools.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
The Big Ten needs to urge its schools to do this. Then watch Seth Davis froth at the mouth.

Reaction score
it is ripping off the fans, but we have to do it next year. seriously schedule wartburg or grinnell or another IIAC team with a ton of iowa fans unless they change the rpi calc.

i used to be against it because i thought it was shortchanging the fans of a good game, but fuck it. everyone will understand and it will be a boon for the local d-3 schools.
it really probably isn't even that much of a dropoff. the interdivision computer rankings aren't perfect, but Massey for example has Northwestern from Orange City #493 of all the NCAA and NAIA schools, Coppin State is #480).

It's basically a dumb tax because schools have been doing this for years as you said. schools can schedule in the 125-175 range, can schedule non-D1, or can schedule in the 250+ range. any school that chooses the third option despite knowing how the system works is digging their own grave.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Tell you what if I was a d-2 coach/ad i would be actively selling this fact to big programs for a game against the big boys/ payday

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score

I like St Ambrose better. My daughter goes there and could be a cheerleader for the game.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

I like St Ambrose better. My daughter goes there and could be a cheerleader for the game.
pic?