Brian Ferentz named Offensive Coordinator

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
If nothing else, Brian Ferentz is a Hawkeye. He is also a very competitive person and you can see that when he is coaching. I have told this story before, but at the Rose Bowl on the final drive of the game where the team was putting together a nice drive. Got deep into Stanford territory and turned it over.

When that happened Brian flipped a row of benches over on the sideline. Was it immature? Absolutely.

But we were getting our asses handed to us and he expected to score on what was a meaningless drive for all intents and purposes.

The guy wants to win. He wants to be great. He has received praise from his father, Bill O'Brien and Bill Belichick. His position group was just named the best in the nation.

I like everything about this hire and think we are going to see improvement immediately.
:icon_neutral:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I think most of us can be excused because we were so happy that anyone other than Greg Davis was the OC and Brian seemed to be progressive and KOK was coming back to help and run more of the the TE stuff.

Whoops.

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
I would like to submit exhibit A Douglas why a 12 year old with and X Box couldndesign and call plays.

this is a shit show on so many fucking levels.

Reaction score
I think most of us can be excused because we were so happy that anyone other than Greg Davis was the OC and Brian seemed to be progressive and KOK was coming back to help and run more of the the TE stuff.

Whoops.
Wrong at the time and you're a piece of shit.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
There’s lots of people with embarrassing quotes in this thread but he’s the only one dumb to do the self quote victory lap today, while this was just lurking there.
lol. thanks for the important work you do.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

Whoops.
Either that or you are now deeming it excusable because you were in the group that was wrong.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I heard that BF interview above in its entirety when it came out (i.e. 11/17/21), and while I know he's limited on what he can say during a big gameweek, my sense is that he's already become a bit of a fat cat. Parphrasing from memory:

"Our offensive woes are frustrating...on some level."

"We're making big strides"

"Listen, I'd like to light up the scoreboard and be a genius, sure, but that's not really my role."

Then there was all the stuff about how football is a game of inches and execution, the difference between Goodson getting 8 yards or 1.

I'm not real sure what he can say that's encouraging, but none of it inspired much confidence, imo.