Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz named Offensive Coordinator

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
If nothing else, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz is a Hawkeye. He is also a very competitive person and you can see that when he is coaching. I have told this story before, but at the Rose Bowl on the final drive of the game where the team was putting together a nice drive. Got deep into Stanford territory and turned it over.

When that happened Brian flipped a row of benches over on the sideline. Was it immature? Absolutely.

But we were getting our asses handed to us and he expected to score on what was a meaningless drive for all intents and purposes.

The guy wants to win. He wants to be great. He has received praise from his father, Bill O'Brien and Bill Belichick. His position group was just named the best in the nation.

I like everything about this hire and think we are going to see improvement immediately.
:icon_neutral:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I think most of us can be excused because we were so happy that anyone other than Greg Davis was the OC and Brian seemed to be progressive and KOK was coming back to help and run more of the the TE stuff.

Whoops.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I would like to submit exhibit A Douglas why a 12 year old with and X Box couldndesign and call plays.

this is a shit show on so many fucking levels.

Reaction score
I think most of us can be excused because we were so happy that anyone other than Greg Davis was the OC and Brian seemed to be progressive and KOK was coming back to help and run more of the the TE stuff.

Whoops.
Wrong at the time and you're a piece of shit.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
There’s lots of people with embarrassing quotes in this thread but he’s the only one dumb to do the self quote victory lap today, while this was just lurking there.
lol. thanks for the important work you do.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

Whoops.
Either that or you are now deeming it excusable because you were in the group that was wrong.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I heard that BF interview above in its entirety when it came out (i.e. 11/17/21), and while I know he's limited on what he can say during a big gameweek, my sense is that he's already become a bit of a fat cat. Parphrasing from memory:

"Our offensive woes are frustrating...on some level."

"We're making big strides"

"Listen, I'd like to light up the scoreboard and be a genius, sure, but that's not really my role."

Then there was all the stuff about how football is a game of inches and execution, the difference between Goodson getting 8 yards or 1.

I'm not real sure what he can say that's encouraging, but none of it inspired much confidence, imo.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I predict the following:

Brian will be very good as OC.
He will bring in a young guy for OL
They will change WR coach
The passing game will be more wide open and balanced
The running game will be used to wear down other teams and break their will
We will see far less squeak by wins and more outright ass kickings ala Hayden especially against soft teams.

Nothing groundbreaking here but I'm putting it on record.
Eat a pile of wet shit.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
If nothing else, Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz is a Hawkeye. He is also a very competitive person and you can see that when he is coaching. I have told this story before, but at the Rose Bowl on the final drive of the game where the team was putting together a nice drive. Got deep into Stanford territory and turned it over.

When that happened Brian flipped a row of benches over on the sideline. Was it immature? Absolutely.

But we were getting our asses handed to us and he expected to score on what was a meaningless drive for all intents and purposes.

The guy wants to win. He wants to be great. He has received praise from his father, Bill O'Brien and Bill Belichick. His position group was just named the best in the nation.

I like everything about this hire and think we are going to see improvement immediately.
You have to be killed.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
This is all correct, and it's borderline criminal that KF didn't step in and do something about it. It was apparent from the first game that this was never going to be a workable offensive system, yet KF let it continue year after year after year.

The whole philosophy was nonsensical. We had a defensive philosophy that says college teams can't string together enough plays to make long drives with short plays work, yet that's exactly what we wanted our offense to do.

I will never understand why KF didn't stop this experiment immediately. There is no justification for it.
The more things change…

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Can we all not pretend that playcalling is some super hard thing to do? You have to be a real dumbfuck like Greg Davis with a terrible system and talent to be bad enough for it to really matter.

You could have given a 14 year old with an Xbox Live account control of the Iowa play calling this year and he would have done a better job.
Oh.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I think he will do fine. I like his competitiveness, his enthusiasm, and his knowing the "Hawkeye way" of doing things. Morehouse says the kids love him. That is a huge plus with the way this generation chooses schools and sticks with their choices.

With all that said, he had better be good. With his age and bloodlines he will be next to impossible to remove if he sucks (GDGD v. 2.0).

Lastly, I am haunted by the mental picture of Doug and Frodo creating the shit/semen meal for 6deuce.
Where are we at on this?

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
StinkyMcFadden said:
Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz...man...I fucking hate him.
StinkyMcFadden said:
The funny thing is, they brought a dipshit like Brian in to take care of stuff like this. It was another "plus" he brought to the table in addition to having come out of the vagina of the coach's wife.

It would appear that he is a bit tone deaf.
StinkyMcFadden said:
Gus will be booing. I'll be booing at home.

I want people to know, I'm booing KF and GD and especially that fucking faggot Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz who is too much of a pussy to do anything about this offense. Also the target for my boos will be Jake Rudock. You wanna be a doctor. Go do it. I don't fucking care.
StinkyMcFadden said:
Brian combs his hair with a piece of buttered bread.

He's very insulated in that he thinks he's the man because Kirk's always been his dad.

StinkyMcFadden said:
And LOL at KF making the call to Stoops to gauge his interest.

"I have a son, Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz, who is currently a coach on this team. Just bought a house..."
StinkyMcFadden said:
Meanwhile, Ken O'Keefe is pulling his pud on the sideline.

Give him the reigns back.

Ken gets the 1st QTR. Brian the 2nd.
StinkyMcFadden said:
Yeah, I'm talking more about the profanity laced tirade that everyone could hear in the press box that required a public apology.

Or the HS coaches from the coaches clinic who say Brian and his sewer mouth borders on embarrassing. The fact that this is the way he conducts himself with visitors in attendance is actually funny, but also shows he's probably a spoiled, petulant child.

Anyway, I hate Brian and think he's a meatheaded fuck, so you can take that with a grain of salt.
StinkyMcFadden said:
Ol' Kirk is gonna trot Greg out for one more year because it would look premature to hand over the keys to his son, Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz, at this point.

Kirk hired the worst offensive coordinator in football, regardless of level, from the unemployment line so that he could provide his son with an offensive coordinator job and eventually, the head coaching job.

Thanks, Kirk!!
StinkyMcFadden said:
Man, I hate Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz.

I really do.
StinkyMcFadden said:
Greg Davis is our offensive coordinator because Kirk wants Brian to be the OC.

Another question for potential coaches:

Are you related to Kirk’s son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz?
StinkyMcFadden said:
I'm wondering how big of a role Brian's existence played in Kirk hiring a 60-something washed up turd of an offensive coordinator.

He obviously wants Brian to take over the role, but how much did that fuck us in terms of attracting a non-horrible OC?

Kirk's options were limited to someone within a few minutes of retirement. It's too bad that KOK was sacrificed because he would've fit the bill as a mentor, teacher, seat warmer for Brian far better than this colossal sack of shit. Maybe KOK thought he had another 5 years in him. Brian certainly shouldn't have to wait that long.

In short, I think that Brian is the cause of this abysmal offense. Why couldn't he sell medical supplies? Why did he have to decide to ruin Iowa Football?
StinkyMcFadden said:
What if his dad is wrong and he's not the man for the job?
I'm afraid that Kirk might be playing the role of little league parent with the University of Iowa Football Team.
Preparing for next season:

GB: "We should add a pitcher. We don't have any pitchers on the entire team. We'll get killed without pitching."
KF: "Whattya mean? We'll have Brian. Brian's an incredible pitcher."

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
the biggest mistake the Iowa offense has made is not realizing you need a mobile qb to win. Especially when your oline "gurus" have offensive lines that couldnt block TH.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
If restarted, I think the support would be there