Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz named Offensive Coordinator

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't' jumped on #AttackoftheClones yet.

Reaction score
White's recruits:

'14:
Miles Taylor
Marcel Joly
Terrance Harris
Jameer Outsey
CJ Hilliard
Omar Truitt
'15:
Adrian Falconer
'16:
Devonte Young
Brandon Simon
Kyle Taylor
Frank Darby (never signed)

Reaction score
could be quite a few ex-Hawkeyes on the coaching staff soon if the rumors happen

Brian
Levar Woods
Kelvin Bell
David Raih
AJ Blazek

I like that just from a culture standpoint

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
could be quite a few ex-Hawkeyes on the coaching staff soon if the rumors happen

Brian
Levar Woods
Kelvin Bell
David Raih
AJ Blazek

I'm surprised I haven't seen a ton of fans throwing out Chad Greenway's name with his likely retirement coming up.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

Brian
Levar Woods
Kelvin Bell
David Raih
AJ Blazek

Plus Binns

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
The only bad news here for ISU is Brian wears his little brother mentality on his sleeve so like his dad he'll put extra emphasis on beating ISU. Of course he's a terrible hire who would have been laughed at if he had a different last name, so I'm not sure it matters.

Maybe he'll be a good OC, but there's very little that points to that in his resume. Iowa fans will build him up in the offseason with optimism that only comes with knowing they have no other options. See this thread for the textbook examples.
I don't know where to start

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
One thing I remember about Blazek was his unwaivering belief that things were going to turn around after KF's first 2 seasons. I don't recall the exact quote but I remember a story in the paper when he graduated about how he was disappointed that he wouldn't be a part of the turnaround but was firm in his belief that it was coming.
Was he the guy who, when asked what he was doing next after his final game (Iowa beat NW then someone else to finish w/ 3 wins), said "Buying tickets to (Iowa's) bowl game next year"?

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Claiming another fanbase will build something up in the off-season might be the most retarded thing ever said on CyFan.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Also, this is a funny way to describe the two programs:

I said neither teams win bowl games lately and it's true. It's been like 2010 since one of us have won one I think

Reaction score
Also, this is a funny way to describe the two programs:

I said neither teams win bowl games lately and it's true. It's been like 2010 since one of us have won one I think
coincidentally, that was also the last time Ricky Stanzi won a bowl game

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
The only bad news here for ISU is Brian wears his little brother mentality on his sleeve so like his dad he'll put extra emphasis on beating ISU. Of course he's a terrible hire who would have been laughed at if he had a different last name, so I'm not sure it matters.

Maybe he'll be a good OC, but there's very little that points to that in his resume. Iowa fans will build him up in the offseason with optimism that only comes with knowing they have no other options. See this thread for the textbook examples.
I don't know where to start
Burn it with fire

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
CyTwins was deeply, deeply hurt by his Cyclones getting prison raped in Iowa City this year. Not taking it well at all.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
That's not how it works fuckfaces. You don't get to call Iowa little brother, at least without looking like a certifiable genuine dumbfuck.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I see people on twitter confused why White is being let go too. I guess they forgot how awful our running game was until BF took over.

Gushawk

Reaction score
White failed at recruiting.

His replacement should be an upgrade. I enjoy that they got rid of nearly everyone on the staff where that was pretty clearly the case.

Reaction score
Can someone fill me in on the "eno situation" regarding Kennedy and White? Keep seeing it mentioned and I must have missed it.

Reaction score
Also - White should have been fired after this abomination:

Bob

Reaction score
There isn't a lot to actually coach with running backs; the job is like 99% recruiting. If look around at other staffs that's consistently where they stash one of their best recruiters. Our running backs are good but he failed at the most important aspect of the job.

Bob

Reaction score
Can someone fill me in on the "eno situation" regarding Kennedy and White? Keep seeing it mentioned and I must have missed it.
In his letter he mentioned two coaches telling him that he could take another visit as long as it didn't get out, and then tried to hide the visit from Kirk. It's been heavily implied that the coaches in question were White and Kennedy

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
There isn't a lot to actually coach with running backs; the job is like 99% recruiting. If look around at other staffs that's consistently where they stash one of their best recruiters.
We were told it takes thousands of reps just to perfect a handoff from a quarterback to a running back. So your post doesn't hold water. Did you even play varsity football?

Reaction score
In his letter he mentioned two coaches telling him that he could take another visit as long as it didn't get out, and then tried to hide the visit from Kirk. It's been heavily implied that the coaches in question were White and Kennedy
Well, spitting in the face of KF's long held policy seems like an easy way to get one shown the door I suppose.

Gushawk

Reaction score
And Taylor may be his best recruit.

Reaction score
Devonte Young was a really good recruit......then Kennedy got his paws on him.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Does "national search" suggest there is no immediate plan to move other coaches around, like Morgan to OL? Wouldn't they want to announce such a move, as much as possible, w/ signing day approaching? Or maybe just tell recruits what's really going on and to stfu about it?

Reaction score
Does "national search" suggest there is no immediate plan to move other coaches around, like Morgan to OL? Wouldn't they want to announce such a move, as much as possible, w/ signing day approaching? Or maybe just tell recruits what's really going on and to stfu about it?
I really don't think it makes sense to move Reece back to the OL at his age. He's good with the DL and he's gonna retire within a couple years anyway.