Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz named Offensive Coordinator

Reaction score
Or maybe just tell recruits what's really going on and to stfu about it?
I am guessing "national search" is pretty standard and they can tell recruits whatever they need to.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Does "national search" suggest there is no immediate plan to move other coaches around, like Morgan to OL? Wouldn't they want to announce such a move, as much as possible, w/ signing day approaching? Or maybe just tell recruits what's really going on and to stfu about it?
I don't think that means they won't necessarily move people around. It seems that the standard procedure now is to advertise generic "Football Coach" without any specific position listing so they can move them around at will. I'm sure that's why they were able to make Brian the OC without waiting the two weeks for the job to be advertised. They'll hire three (or four if the rule changes) coaches now and plug them in as they see fit.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Lot of guys on tos starting to get pretty salty about the chances of Oliver Martin committing...

My guess is the class ends with a flurry.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Lot of guys on tos starting to get pretty salty about the chances of Oliver Martin committing...

My guess is the class ends with a flurry.
Didn't Blair say something about Martin leaning ND?

NChawker

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
On the now closed hawkeyenation forum, someone posted Iowa's offensive ranking among D1 teams for KFs tenure. It was very dim. First KoK lots of years of data points, rarely finished in the top half. Next GDGD, same but worse, and now Brian. in spite of the banner games against OSU and USC, the rankings continued to fall relative to other programs.

So if you find yourself frustrated watching Iowa play, there is a good reason for it.

Somehow they still win 8 + games per year. Just think if they had an average to above average offense!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
On the now closed hawkeyenation forum, someone posted Iowa's offensive ranking among D1 teams for KFs tenure. It was very dim. First KoK lots of years of data points, rarely finished in the top half. Next GDGD, same but worse, and now Brian. in spite of the banner games against OSU and USC, the rankings continued to fall relative to other programs.

So if you find yourself frustrated watching Iowa play, there is a good reason for it.

Somehow they still win 8 + games per year. Just think if they had an average to above average offense!
Eat shit, you dumbfuck n00b.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I continue to have very strong and unwavering dislike for Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz.

Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz...man...I fucking hate him.
The funny thing is, they brought a dipshit like Brian in to take care of stuff like this. It was another "plus" he brought to the table in addition to having come out of the vagina of the coach's wife.

It would appear that he is a bit tone deaf.
Gus will be booing. I'll be booing at home.

I want people to know, I'm booing KF and GD and especially that fucking faggot Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz who is too much of a pussy to do anything about this offense. Also the target for my boos will be Jake Rudock. You wanna be a doctor. Go do it. I don't fucking care.
Brian combs his hair with a piece of buttered bread.

He's very insulated in that he thinks he's the man because Kirk's always been his dad.

And LOL at KF making the call to Stoops to gauge his interest.

"I have a son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz, who is currently a coach on this team. Just bought a house..."
Meanwhile, Ken O'Keefe is pulling his pud on the sideline.

Give him the reigns back.

Ken gets the 1st QTR. Brian the 2nd.
Yeah, I'm talking more about the profanity laced tirade that everyone could hear in the press box that required a public apology.

Or the HS coaches from the coaches clinic who say Brian and his sewer mouth borders on embarrassing. The fact that this is the way he conducts himself with visitors in attendance is actually funny, but also shows he's probably a spoiled, petulant child.

Anyway, I hate Brian and think he's a meatheaded fuck, so you can take that with a grain of salt.
Ol' Kirk is gonna trot Greg out for one more year because it would look premature to hand over the keys to his son, Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz, at this point.

Kirk hired the worst offensive coordinator in football, regardless of level, from the unemployment line so that he could provide his son with an offensive coordinator job and eventually, the head coaching job.

Thanks, Kirk!!
Man, I hate Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz.

I really do.
Greg Davis is our offensive coordinator because Kirk wants Brian to be the OC.

Another question for potential coaches:

Are you related to Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz?
I'm wondering how big of a role Brian's existence played in Kirk hiring a 60-something washed up turd of an offensive coordinator.

He obviously wants Brian to take over the role, but how much did that fuck us in terms of attracting a non-horrible OC?

Kirk's options were limited to someone within a few minutes of retirement. It's too bad that KOK was sacrificed because he would've fit the bill as a mentor, teacher, seat warmer for Brian far better than this colossal sack of shit. Maybe KOK thought he had another 5 years in him. Brian certainly shouldn't have to wait that long.

In short, I think that Brian is the cause of this abysmal offense. Why couldn't he sell medical supplies? Why did he have to decide to ruin Iowa Football?
What if his dad is wrong and he's not the man for the job?

I'm afraid that Kirk might be playing the role of little league parent with the University of Iowa Football Team.

Preparing for next season:

GB: "We should add a pitcher. We don't have any pitchers on the entire team. We'll get killed without pitching."

KF: "Whattya mean? We'll have Brian. Brian's an incredible pitcher."

Last edited:

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Team O conf. rankings since BF hire:

2016: #12
2017: #10
2018: #10
2019: #10
2020: #8
2021: #13

Greg Davis had back to back years as 5 and 6, fwiw.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Interestingly the very good 2004 and 2009 teams were second-to-last in team offense.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Can we all not pretend that playcalling is some super hard thing to do? You have to be a real dumbfuck like Greg Davis with a terrible system and talent to be bad enough for it to really matter.

You could have given a 14 year old with an Xbox Live account control of the Iowa play calling this year and he would have done a better job.
Ouch…

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
A post by Doug is really equal to a Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz play call. Eerily similar