**Cal Poly vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/24/19 - 4pm - BTN**

Reaction score
I can't be expected to keep up with every hoops thread for the Aryan National team.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
After this game there is only one shitty opponent (in terms of name) left on the schedule.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
After this game there is only one shitty opponent (in terms of name) left on the schedule.
Going to find out quickly how ugly the season is going to be.

I like what you said in chat, this team would be a lot better with a 7-8 man rotation.

It seems like bohannon will eventually be shut down and Patrick isn't going to play again this year, but if bohannon does play then have a lineup of Toussaint / bohannon / Wieskamp / Nunge / Garza starting and Connor / Frederick / Kreiner as the 3 main subs. Play both Bakari / Pemsl only when it makes sense or you are forced to.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Nunge with a potential ACL tear, bohannon about to shut it down, Patrick with issues related to thyroid cancer.

.500 finish overall would be a realistic finish.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Nunge with a potential ACL tear, bohannon about to shut it down, Patrick with issues related to thyroid cancer.

Maybe but if I'm a glass half full type of guy I say Nunge isn't a huge loss. I was very high on Nunge coming into the year but I don't think he'll ever be a difference maker. He was never quick but he is even slower now with the added weight. He is a willing 3 point shooter but seems to be average at best.

bohannon's shooting would obviously be nice but Connor and JoeT are a huge upgrades defensively. If Fran allows Toussaint to ever play with Fredrick and Weiskamp then that could free them up for more open looks and be the best defensive lineup. I just don't think Patrick was going to make a huge impact this year to begin with.

My hope is that this makes Fran go small. Our best players are Garza and the guards so maybe it's a blessing. For people who thought we would suck from the start then it doesn't really matter anyway.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I was excited about Nunge but it just might not happen this year. Still looks lost and tentative. I’d probably roll with the Pemsl/Kriener combo at PF going forward but we will no doubt see some four guard lineups.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I will also add that Pemsl doesn’t have a ton of upside but he’s played his best when we knew that he was going to get consistent minutes. He looked better today.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I still like Nunge but agree he’s been more lost and tentative than I would have guessed/hoped. The hard part if he’s out is what happens when Kriener has one of his awful games. Because those tend to be really really fucking awful.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

If that ends up being the case, that puts a lot of pressure on Fran to hit a homerun next year. No tournament this year would mean 3 of the past 4 seasons were non-tournament seasons. That ain't good.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Will need to explore the transfer market hard and run somebody(s) off

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Will need to explore the transfer market hard and run somebody(s) off
the only guys who need run off are the guys who aren’t here yet.

at this point we need Nunge because we haven’t taken a true big since his class.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
the only guys who need run off are the guys who aren’t here yet.

at this point we need Nunge because we haven’t taken a true big since his class.
That is synopsis of where we currently are at roster wise. Once Garza leaves, the post options are bit underwhelming. Things could obviously change between now and then but damn.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nunge is what he is...a fringe Rivals150 recruit who needed weight and development. I still think he can be good as a junior/senior.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Hope his knee is ok. I’d hate to see him lose his explosiveness.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I actually think he has some athleticism he just lacks any instinct and timing right now.