Do you want Fran to stay or go?

Do you want Fran to stay or go?

• Total voters

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
He’s a Wisconsin fan and ISU graduate who posts on HaLo? He seems like a dumbass!

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Only made it through page 2. This thread is giving me cancer.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Get a rim protecting big, a wing and hope Bowen or Harding are the pg you’ve always wanted.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
You guys could be doing worse...

You could have Matt Painter.

HzzzHawk

The Bull
Reaction score
Lot's of Group Text guys on that list.
to be fair, there are some group texters on the no side as well, including the sqok himself.

I will say that the get rid of Fran group texters, ex me, tend to be what I would call the anti-Doug faction

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I’ve changed my mind. I don’t hate Fran, and I would prefer that he leaves on his own accord, but his recruiting at the guard position flat out sucks.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Also, the fanbase is fine. The arena is a pain in the ass to get to and with late or early start times you basically have to live within a 30 minute drive and not have kids to go to most of the games.
There are way too many 8PM start times. Even if you love local, you’re talking about getting home around 11PM by the time you get out of there and drive. It’s a total bitch point, but it did keep me from going to a game or two late this year.

There are other, more significant obstacles. I just wanted to make sure I let everyone know I’m old AF and didn’t like it

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I think the main/older fan base is comparable to most douche teams. It’s the student section that’s awful and maybe the worst in the conference that’s the real problem with the atmosphere

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I think the main/older fan base is comparable to most douche teams. It’s the student section that’s awful and maybe the worst in the conference that’s the real problem with the atmosphere
Fran has tried for years to make changes to this. He’s gotten no support from the AD

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
There’s also something bizarre with the secondary ticket market, and Iowa basketball… Multiple times last year ticket prices for a game on things like StubHub were absolutely insane

Ticket prices for the Iowa versus Illinois game were comparable to the Iowa versus Penn State football game a couple years ago; $250-300 ea for top 5 row seats

there was another late season game against and nobody during the week… Where tickets were $85-$90 each

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
There’s also something bizarre with the secondary ticket market, and Iowa basketball… Multiple times last year ticket prices for a game on things like StubHub were absolutely insane

Ticket prices for the Iowa versus Illinois game were comparable to the Iowa versus Penn State football game a couple years ago; $250-300 ea for top 5 row seats

there was another late season game against and nobody during the week… Where tickets were $85-$90 each
IL was a Saturday and seemed like the only Saturday douche game of the season

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
They were stupidly underseeded and everything, but yeah, having something that has never happened in the history of the NCAA Tournament happen to your team sort of sucks.
He was average until he hit HS. He’s the tallest of the mccaffreys now. We played them this summer and he was clearly in a class by himself on the floor but Bergy got pissed at them all and barely played them the 2nd half. In a summer game. 🤣

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I am hoping my sketch earlier in the season made its way to the athletic department. Parking is truly a nightmare, my vehicle does not move for an hour after home games.
Dude where the Hell are you parking? I park in the dental lot right next to Carver and get out within 10 minutes most nights. A fucking hour?!?! Are you parking behind the opposing team’s bus?!?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Dude where the Hell are you parking? I park in the dental lot right next to Carver and get out within 10 minutes most nights. A fucking hour?!?! Are you parking behind the opposing team’s bus?!?
43 usually

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I've wondered this as well. A few games we thought about taking the kids to and the prices on StubHub were stupid. Would end up being a grand for the 4 of us. At least for halfway decent seats.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He was average until he hit HS. He’s the tallest of the mccaffreys now. We played them this summer and he was clearly in a class by himself on the floor but Bergy got pissed at them all and barely played them the 2nd half. In a summer game. 🤣
Good to know that Bregy hasn't changed. Patrick had to drive him crazy.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Every day that goes by I'm losing hope that Fran is going to Notre Dame.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
so, 350 coaches do not know how to do this. I demand we hire one of the 16!!
Not what I said you goober. There are more than 16. I don’t want Fran fired. I want him to modify his program DNA to address a couple areas that are clear indicators of NCAA tournament success. Or ride off into the sunset and take Patrick with him. Actually, I want Patrick to leave either way. He infuriates me.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Fran has brought the program to the current level through an approach that likely cannot coexist with an aggressive approach to NIL. There are numerous examples in a short period of time that, while NIL may redirect donor money to the players, there is virtually no correlation with actually winning more games.
Good point. A look at the mediocre level of several "elite" programs this years seems to support this statement.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The NIL guys is hinting that Fran is looking at other opportunities. Not saying he is leaving but Notre Dame and Temple have his attention.

He also mentioned that raising NIL money for basketball is not going well. Claims all the larger donors want their money to go to football and Fran is aware of this. Then mentioned schools in the Big East don’t have football to compete with basketball so they will likely start to pull away in terms of caliber of recruit they are getting because all of their NIL money can be focused there.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
The NIL guys is hinting that Fran is looking at other opportunities. Not saying he is leaving but Notre Dame and Temple have his attention.

He also mentioned that raising NIL money for basketball is not going well. Claims all the larger donors want their money to go to football and Fran is aware of this. Then mentioned schools in the Big East don’t have football to compete with basketball so they will likely start to pull away in terms of caliber of recruit they are getting because all of their NIL money can be focused there.
I think I'm okay with that

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Yes

Mostly the football part. But if Fran is considering Temple? Maybe its best that he take that.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Best for him, maybe. If he bolts because of a lack of necessary support, Iowa basketball is a dead program walking.
Correct. It's one thing to be fine with coach turnover. It's another thing to think about what it would mean for your subsequent coaching search if your coach leaves for Temple due to perceived lack of donor support.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If that is true about donor support, we probably don’t want Fran to leave

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
D is not going to push for Notre Dame if he thinks iowa may be open. He loves Des Moines.