Favorite play as Kirk being coach

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
2002 - Iowa vs. Wisconsin at Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa had been running bubble screens all year with great success. In this game they faked the bubble screen and hit Dallas Clark on a go route for a TD. It was a thing of beauty, made even better as I was watching the game with a bunch of Badger fans while living in Milwaukee.

Fuck Wisconsin!

9:00 mark.

Last edited:

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

Iowa had been running bubble screens all year with great success. In this game they faked the bubble screen and hit Dallas Clark on a go route for a TD. It was a thing of beauty, made even better as I was watching the game with a bunch of Badger fans while living in Milwaukee.

Fuck Wisconsin!

oof

the whole team bit on that

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score

Fuck Wisconsin!

And Mo Brown being even more wide open than Clark. Lol.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

For sound purposes only the Canzeri touchdown at the end of the 2015 Iowa State game. 17:30 mark.

The entire sequence at the end of the game was fun

Reaction score
Weird that every Iowa/ISU highlight is now unavailable. Pollard must not have much to do besides monitor YouTube.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I would love to see them pull that one out of the bag and give it another try.
I was going to say the same play. They spent the whole season setting that up. The whole stadium bit on it. When Banks threw it I let out an ‘Oh No he missed Brown’ only to realize Clark was also wide open.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Ed Miles interception at Purdue in 2005 was a good one. There was also something like an 80 yard TD early in that game to Solomon on 3rd and 10+.

2005 is up there as the strangest season with Kirk as HC.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Considering that this was the cherry on top of what was an absolutely glorious beatdown of OSU at Kinnick. Made better by the fact that it ended up being shown a million times because the loss kept the Buckeyes from the playoffs.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Ed Miles interception at Purdue in 2005 was a good one. There was also something like an 80 yard TD early in that game to Solomon on 3rd and 10+.

2005 is up there as the strangest season with Kirk as HC.
I just looked up the stats from that loss to Mich. Tate 27-39 for 288. AY 153 yds.

Loss?

thrawn

Reaction score
The intentional safety in 6-4. Just a terrific fuck you to the JoePas.
and it worked tremendously. Pedo threw a pick on the first play after the free kick. Iowa ran the last 8 minutes out. PSU only had 2 offensive plays the last 10:30 and both were interceptions.

It’s also funny that Kirk was supremely confident that Robbie Gould would fuck up any kick even if they had been able to drive since Gould turned out to be a longtime nfl guy

thrawn

Reaction score

For sound purposes only the Canzeri touchdown at the end of the 2015 Iowa State game. 17:30 mark.

The entire sequence at the end of the game was fun
The Sash stuff played into it, but it was funny how satisfying the 2015 Iowa State game was at the time considering that it was a close game against a bad team until the end. But I remember coming away from it feeling really good about the team and program. Something with Kirk/the program already felt different.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It really is hard to pick. Almost have to go season by season. 2009 alone had multiple all time legendary plays....

- 2 blocked FG's against UNI
- Clayborn blocked punt for a TD at Penn State
- Clayborn murdering TForce at Kinnick under the lights
- Huge catch by Moeaki to tie the game 10-10 at Wisconsin
- Stanzi to McNutt 7 got 6 at Michigan State
- Pinball interception return for a TD by Sash in a weird Halloween game against Indiana at Kinnick
- Vandeberg dime throw to McNutt and DJK kickoff return at Ohio State
- McNutt TD and Wegher TD to end the game in the Orange Bowl

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
It really is hard to pick. Almost have to go season by season. 2009 alone had multiple all time legendary plays....

- 2 blocked FG's against UNI
- Clayborn blocked punt for a TD at Penn State
- Clayborn murdering TForce at Kinnick under the lights
- Huge catch by Moeaki to tie the game 10-10 at Wisconsin
- Stanzi to McNutt 7 got 6 at Michigan State
- Pinball interception return for a TD by Sash in a weird Halloween game against Indiana at Kinnick
- Vandeberg dime throw to McNutt and DJK kickoff return at Ohio State
- McNutt TD and Wegher TD to end the game in the Orange Bowl
-5,000,000 interceptions vs ISU