Ferentz Era underrated/forgotten team

Reaction score
I’m a big Stanley defender but he definitely held them back. In terms of QBs under Kirk I’d probably take him 6th or 7th.

Tate
Banks
Beathard
Stanzi
Vandenburg
McCann or Stanley.

Id probably take 2013 Rudock over Nate.
Vandenburg?

thrawn

Reaction score
Vandenberg deserved better than what he got for a senior season, but he mostly feasted at home. Stanley had good games away and at neutral sites.

Career rating:

Stanley home 140
Stanley away 125
Stanley neutral 147

2011 rating:
Vandy home 158
Vandy away 121
Vandy neutral 104

he played well at Ohio State as a freshman but that was about it

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
207 and 2 TDs with 0 picks at Iowa State
169 and 2 picks at Penn State (completely forgot about this game)
177 and a TD and 0 picks at Minnesota. A game they had no business losing. Coker ran for 252 yards in a loss.
279 and 3 TDS with 0 picks at Purdue.
182 and a pick at Nebrantska.
216 with 2 TDS and a pick against Oklahoma.

Not great but he didn’t really lose any games unless you count the Minnesota game where he got sacked from the blind side inside the 5 that would have sealed the win.

Reaction score
I can’t believe that a senior QB threw 389 passes and only 7 TDS in 2012. That’s almost amazing. Fucking GD.
The WRs were quite underwhelming and a fullback was our leading rusher that year. I'm not 100% sold on the issues being Greg Davis and not a lack of talent due to poor recruiting on that side of the ball.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
Shitty season that didn't have to be. The loss to a terrible Iowa State team at home was an abomination. That was a Jake Rudock is a fucking pussy and Ferentz was still trying to get Greg Davis to pound a shitty Weisman into the ground. They fucked around all game and lost in horrifying fashion to a really bad team.

The Maryland game was even worse. They were rolling and on the verge of steamrolling over Maryland and then the quarter changes and for some reason Greg Davis has Rudock throw the ball like 30 times in the 4th quarter and abandons the run.

Wisconsin was the ultimate example of how frustrating Rudock was. He putzed around all game like a pussy and then too late finally starts playing and makes it a 2 point loss.

Don't even get me started on the Nebrantska game that they had surrendered and Iowa and Rudock said, nah, you guys can have this one back.
I was at that Maryland game. That quarter where we threw a lot that you mentioned was into a very strong wind. A head scratcher.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
QB Chandler
RB Jermelle Lewis
WR Razor Ramon
TE Myers Riesner
DL Clauss
LB Hodges
DB Amari
I love the Alan reisner pick. I watched that guy play bball as a senior and lol'd at the idea that we had recruited him to play TE in the big ten. As an 11th hour fall back that was committed to uni, I thought were throwing one away.

Guy turns into an all b10 player and plays in the NFL. Awesome.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Starting to agree with doug about the 2014 team. Powell, Smith, Martin-Manley, Vandeburg, Willies (lol) at receiver. Hamilton, Krieger-Koble, Duzey and Kittle at TE. Canzeri/Daniels/Wadley should have been the running backs unless they were injured. Scherff, Donnel, Walsh, Welsh and Blythe on the O line.

Unfortunately the linebackers were terrible, they didn’t hand the team over to CJ, Weisman was the running back and GDGD was calling the plays.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
Starting to agree with doug about the 2014 team. Powell, Smith, Martin-Manley, Vandeburg, Willies (lol) at receiver. Hamilton, Krieger-Koble, Duzey and Kittle at TE. Canzeri/Daniels/Wadley should have been the running backs unless they were injured. Scherff, Donnel, Walsh, Welsh and Blythe on the O line.

Unfortunately the linebackers were terrible, they didn’t hand the team over to CJ, Weisman was the running back and GDGD was calling the plays.
They were a weird team. I mean, as much as I want to say they easily should have been a 10 win team when they legit gave away 3 games (Iowa State, Maryland, Nebrantska), it also is sort of hard to say that when you let Minnesota put up 50+ on you and you get embarrassed in a shitty bowl game by a mediocre Tennessee team.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Eh, that’d be like saying 2017 and 2018 Ohio State was mediocre because of the Iowa and Purdue games. The 2004 team got skull fucked by Arizona State and went 10-2. Those games for whatever reason just happen sometimes. I’m talking specifically about the Minnesota game.

It also didn’t help that the majority of the team wanted Beathard to be the starter.