Ferentz wants to believe in his players (AB and DD)

Reaction score
scottsdalehawk said:
Is this a good thing? Is he obligated to stand behind his players or should they be dismissed immediately? Standing behind his player really backfired on our old pal Steve in regards to the PP incident(s).
i haven't been paying attention - what is the story regarding this? did he make a statement?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
After reading the article, I think he took the correct approach. We have to remember what happened with the Duke Lacrosse case. He can't rush to conclusions (no matter how apparent they are) just yet.

Here's his quotes:

"What you have to do is let the legal system dictate what is going to take place here and how accurate the charges are,'' he said. ``We've seen other instances in college athletics where it appears to be one way and it turns out to be another. So, at this point, I think what we have to do is let that play itself out and obviously I want to believe our players what they told me, but we have to go through the process."

Reaction score
BuffettHawk said:
After reading the article, I think he took the correct approach. We have to remember what happened with the Duke Lacrosse case. He can't rush to conclusions (no matter how apparent they are) just yet.

Here's his quotes:

"What you have to do is let the legal system dictate what is going to take place here and how accurate the charges are,'' he said. ``We've seen other instances in college athletics where it appears to be one way and it turns out to be another. So, at this point, I think what we have to do is let that play itself out and obviously I want to believe our players what they told me, but we have to go through the process."
I am just glad that on the depth chart that was just released, the names of DJK and JCleveland were both there (though at #2 spots)...I had heard alot about them last week and was concerned.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
You'll have to see how that turns out. Bowman and Douglas may enter into a plea agreement in which they name names.**

** That is my own pure speculation and nothing more.