`Fully-Confident' Lomax Surfaces

Ben Kenobi

Definitely Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If the DL can hold their ground, and we can find one guy there who can command a double team with some consistency, the defense should be in pretty good shape this year.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
If the DL can hold their ground, and we can find one guy there who can command a double team with some consistency, the defense should be in pretty good shape this year.
I agree. Cooper, Davis and LTP have to be disruptive. Our ends have to hold the edge and suck less than last year. An end actually emerging as a good player - and fewer short offensive possessions - will be the difference between decent and pretty damn good on defense.

Reaction score
I agree. Cooper, Davis and LTP have to be disruptive. Our ends have to hold the edge and suck less than last year. An end actually emerging as a good player - and fewer short offensive possessions - will be the difference between decent and pretty damn good on defense.
True, just not sure there is an end that is ready to be disruptive.

The corners will be above average, safeties seem to be an area of concern.

Gushawk

Reaction score
True, just not sure there is an end that is ready to be disruptive.

The corners will be above average, Tanner Miller seems to be an area of concern.
fify

Gushawk

Reaction score
Just have to hope Parker can get Miller back to below average.
At some point (I remember him hitting in spot duty in the first Insight bowl), Miller started caring way too much about his bodily well being, which is fine if you're an original member of the HaLo softball team, but not if you're an Iowa safety.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Not. Gonna. Happen.

It will be Johnson or Faith, imo

Gushawk

Reaction score
Not. Gonna. Happen.

It will be Johnson or Faith, imo
I'm not high on him either, but he's got a better slim chance to be a difference maker this year, IMO.

Last edited:

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Carl Davis is not slim.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I'm 'Fully Confident' we are gonna suck balls next season.