**Gonzaga vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/19/20 - 11:00am - CBS**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Sure they do, but that is a silly point. They don't have bad defensive games as often, and they are not as bad to begin with.
great. So you understand our point about iowa’s offense.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Let’s not stop yet. I would like to talk about my shitty tennis career. Or possibly my multiple university of iowa flag football/basketball championship game losses. Or how I still play slowpitch.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
So in the late 1970's you went out for basketball and tennis at some school like William Penn or Central and then you played at the Fieldhouse or similar for fun like every other student who has ever attended the University of Iowa.

What an incredible athlete.
Not quite. I was actually recruited for BB at a few schools, including some Div. II back then. Played a year, and didn't like it, and wanted to go to Iowa for a number of reasons. I played on an intramural BB team that made it to the final 4 one year. That IM team would have probably defeated my college team most nights.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not quite. I was actually recruited for BB at a few schools, including some Div. II back then. Played a year, and didn't like it, and wanted to go to Iowa for a number of reasons. I played on an intramural BB team that made it to the final 4 one year. That IM team would have probably defeated my college team most nights.
coff is doug. The circle is complete.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
You were recruited to a Div. II but don't say you actually played at a Div. II, which means you went to a DIII or NAIA school and walked on for a year and found out you sucked and went to Iowa because you knew you sucked.

Lol at making it to the final 4 of Intramurals. LOLOLOLOLOL

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Coulda, shoulda, woulda....
I just realized a year before you did that I’d rather go to Iowa than spend all that time and effort on small college sports. Really, me and you are awful similar except I also had baseball options.

Reaction score
One time in PE, a buddy of mine threw a dodgeball as hard as he could and nailed some chick right in boobs. Glorious sound.
One time the whistle blew for PE to end. I wound up and fired a dodgeball at one of my buddies. The ball tailed and drilled our PE teacher directly in the side of the face/head. His glasses went flying across the gym floor.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
You have an NBA guy that hasn't shown he shoots many threes. Fans wonder why bohannon wasn't trying pressure him.
I highly doubt that's why bohannon wasn't trying to pressure him. Jordan rarely pressures anyone because he will get beat off the dribble if they have any athleticism. Oddly enough, that's the range Jordan loves too.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Jalen Suggs made two threes his first 3 games, then proceeded to make 7 against Iowa. Two of them were ridiculous stepbacks that were well-defended, and the others were all from 3+ feet behind the three point line.

Lol at thinking Iowa would have stopped Gonzaga had they just given more effort. A guy who had done nothing to suggest he was a lights out shooter knocked down multiple threes like the one below. What the fuck is Iowa supposed to do about that?
F1747D26-278B-48C5-94B7-D4B81D1F4410.jpeg
I would like to see a little better effort blocking out or at least attempting to, even though the shot probably went in.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Reaction score
Garza isn’t boxing out either, the bum! And what the fuck is bohannon doing just standing under the basket?????????? Not even guarding his man. Box out, Jordan!!!!!!!!

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Gonzaga went 8-21 from three last night, against the #328 defense.

Huh. It’s almost like three point shooting is somewhat random.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
And ftr, you don’t box out that far from the basket. You make contact with the forearm and then go get it.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Stick your ass right in their dick region. Not only do you get the board, you send a message and set the tone. I block em out until half court.
Way to establish dominance.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the defensive stance of someone that is gassed and needs pulled for a breather.
Correct. That shot (made by Suggs, of course) was at 14:04 and they didn’t reach the first TV TO until 13:48. Box out!

coff

Busker
Reaction score
I just realized a year before you did that I’d rather go to Iowa than spend all that time and effort on small college sports. Really, me and you are awful similar except I also had baseball options.
My brother....