**Illinois vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/2/20 - Noon - FS1**

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think I hate Wisconsin and Illinois basketball about the same. Top of the list.

Love that the Hawks are 2-0 against them this year (so far)!!!

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Iowa - Most Double-Doubles in a Season - Last 40 Years

Reggie Evans (2000-01) - 22
Ed Horton (1988-89) - 19
Reggie Evans (2001-02) - 18
Acie Earl (1992-93) - 14
Luka Garza (2019-20) - 13

Big Ten - Most 25-Point/10-Rebound Games in a Season - Since 2009-10

Luka Garza, Iowa (2019-20) - 5
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue (2016-17) - 5
Evan Turner, Ohio State (2009-10) - 5

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He's the one who threw the pass, numbnuts.
I don't know what they are mad at but if they are mad at that specific play it makes more sense that it would be the guy that made the decision to throw it ahead.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I side with Doug on this one, but I can also see it from the other side too. I just think the bullshit at the end was what the coach was pissed about.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
I don't know what they are mad at but if they are mad at that specific play it makes more sense that it would be the guy that made the decision to throw it ahead.
Right. Of course, CM jawed a bit afterwards, but their initial anger was for the pass and dunk.

Monster

Reaction score
Of course, we are Iowa fans so we don't see the dunk as a big deal. But at that point we could have dribbled it out to end the game. I'm glad joe dunked it because fuck them, but I can see how that might rile up an opponent.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
And by bullshit I mean what Ayo was doing. But he was pissed at McCaffrey for giving him a little shove with the elbow.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Two bad guys. The official that decided the game was over and refused to blow the whistle at the end, and the Illini assistant coach.

No way in hell were they mad about the pass ahead though. Mad about the dunk, sure. Mad about Connor getting his elbow high, yes. But you aren't mad about a guy getting it out of the backcourt while you're still defending.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
If dolph is saying it, you can be sure it’s wrong.

It wasn’t the fucking dunk, you nimrods. That is a routine play in that situation that all coaches and players have experienced hundreds of times. It was the players and coaches not really knowing how to react when the stupid fucking refs decide there’s nothing that can make them blow the whistle. Refs should be reprimanded.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Two bad guys. The official that decided the game was over and refused to blow the whistle at the end, and the Illini assistant coach.

No way in hell were they mad about the pass ahead though. Mad about the dunk, sure. Mad about Connor getting his elbow high, yes. But you aren't mad about a guy getting it out of the backcourt while you're still defending.
Exactly. Thank you for being a non-retard.

Also, upon further review others are coming to the same conclusion based on reality....

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Illinois is headed back to Chambana with their tails between their legs. But had to be whiny crybaby bitches first.

Even though it would hurt the SOS (slightly), here's to hoping the rest of ILL's opponents win the rest of the way - same for Wisconsin.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Also, upon further review others are coming to the same conclusion based on reality....

That guy has always been a hack. Mildly surprised he recognized Illini coach said anything. He’s always had a hard on for Fran.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
If dolph is saying it, you can be sure it’s wrong.

It wasn’t the fucking dunk, you nimrods. That is a routine play in that situation that all coaches and players have experienced hundreds of times. It was the players and coaches not really knowing how to react when the stupid fucking refs decide there’s nothing that can make them blow the whistle. Refs should be reprimanded.
In a dumbfuck match, I’m not sure you’re as far behind Dolph as you may want to believe.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I guess it is possible that an assistant coach would be upset about a guy dunking when his team didn’t guard him. But that would be pretty fucking stupid, even for Illinois

Monster

Reaction score

Doug found someone who agrees with him. He's back in the ring!!!!

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Just saw the replay again, and Connor didn't even demonstrably try and get AD off him at the end. Just straightened the arm down that was against AD - as AD is draped all over him - and used the other hand/arm with the ball to hold it out away from the slaps AD was giving.

Fuck that fat dumbfuck Illini assistant coach for trying to start shit.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Underwood took the high road postgame.
I’m not sure he did. Said that he didn’t know what happened and needed to watch the video. Said some good things about the hawks but also said their game plan was to hit Garza hard and often. That’s the ugly goon ball that isn’t needed. Badmouthed Pemsl which I was fine with but would take personal offense if I was Cordell or on the team. Said cockburn can’t jump against his pump since he “hasn’t scored in a month.” That was a bit of a dickhead comment.