**Illinois vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/2/20 - Noon - FS1**

Reaction score
It’s always a good thread when it instigates numerous “likes”

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
He's saying how it could have been diffused. He didn't say what started it.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
What did we jump to in kenpom?

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Moving on from putting dicks in Illini asses, Iowa is set up very well in the next handful of games.

They play zero ranked teams. Rutgers is the only one tied or ahead of Iowa that doesn’t play at least 3 games against ranked opponents on the next 5, and they play 2 plus Michigan who they just lost to.

If Iowa can go 5-0 they could be atop the standings heading to the home stretch. With as difficult as the league is, I’m not sure that’s possible but a win at Purdue would be a great start to that.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It's always great during or at the end of games when the analysts comment on how fun Iowa is to watch or what a great game it was. It reminds me that most big ten fanbases have to watch garbage for 30+ games while we get to watch fast paced skill. Love me some Fran.

Reaction score
Who is Mike Warden?

That was a great win. Still feeling pretty good about it. It's nice to have a team that can be down but you still feel like they will come back.
You don't know Mike? He's Illini-fan.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's strange he's like that. I remember him being kind of smugly pro Iowa the year they lost 100 or so close games down the stretch.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa was shitty (for them) on offense for essentially 3 games. The second half of Rutgers, Wisconsin game, Maryland and first half of Illinois.

Not surprising as soon as Garza roared out of it with 11 points and then finished strong with 25 they finally looked normal again. Hopefully that stretch is over and they start really clicking again the next few games.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The crowd was awesome today. I think part of it is how annoying Illinois fans are. Holy shit they don’t shut up about stupid shit for 40 minutes. The two guys behind us really wanted Cockburn to show Garza ‘what a real basketball player looks like’

Every 3 by Garza after his first one they would say ‘are you fucking kidding me?!’

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
We will see more teams giving Connor and Touissant open shots. They had a pretty good defensive game plan today against Iowa.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
This isn’t surprising considering how much our guys talk shit after big plays

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Here's what I think transpired...

Wieskamp gets throw- ahead dunk with 11 seconds left while Illinois is trapping and looking to foul.

Inexplicably, Underwood takes a timeout with 4 seconds left, down 7.

Inexplicably, Underwood sends guys out in full fledged trap and foul mode after the game is decided.

The only explanation is that Illinois was pissed about the throw ahead dunk... (stupidly, I might add) otherwise, there's no explanation for the timeout, or sending your players back out trapping and taking swipes. He was trying to prove some kind of idiotic point.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score

Wieskamp gets throw- ahead dunk with 11 seconds left while Illinois is trapping and looking to foul.

Inexplicably, Underwood sends guys out in full fledged trap and foul mode after the game is decided.

The only explanation is that Illinois was pissed about the throw ahead dunk... (stupidly, I might add) otherwise, there's no explanation for the timeout, or sending your players back out trapping and taking swipes.
This is correct. It’s Jacobsen redux from last year. Game is over and you’re hacking away like a bitch, expect to be told to fuck off.

douglasbader

Reaction score

The only explanation is that Illinois was pissed about the throw ahead dunk... (stupidly, I might add) otherwise, there's no explanation for the timeout, or sending your players back out trapping and taking swipes. He was trying to prove some kind of idiotic point.
They hit a three with time on the clock. Coaches on instinct are calling a timeout when down in that situation.

To believe this scenario, you would have to believe that Underwood intentionally called a time out and intentionally sent his best and most high profile player back on the court to pick a fight with Connor McCaffery because they were upset about a pass for a dunk when they were pressing.

Sorry, but that is some retarded logic.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
They hit a three with time on the clock. Coaches on instinct are calling a timeout when down in that situation.

To believe this scenario, you would have to believe that Underwood intentionally called a time out and intentionally sent his best and most high profile player back on the court to pick a fight with Connor McCaffery because they were upset about a pass for a dunk when they were pressing.

Sorry, but that is some retarded logic.
If you called an instinctual timeout, then you proceed to tell your guys in the huddle to stand down the game is over.

Illinois came out of the huddle looking to contest, trap, and foul. There's only one explanation for that... they were pissed about something... because in and of itself, that was extremely stupid.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
It was four bench players. Wow. Egg on face!!!

I’m gonna rub my balls on your drum set.
No dipshit. It’s being incredulous at the lineup. He has to get those guys spot minutes to rest his starters. Sometimes it’s in not desirable combinations. Each game is different.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
3 steals for Connor also. “Glue guy” is a stupid term, but he is a great player to have playing alongside 3 scorers. He takes a lot of pressure off them, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
Exactly. Connor is great when he's on the floor with scorers. When he's on the floor with the Kreiner-Pemsl-Evelyn lineup it's a nightmare.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If you called an instinctual timeout, then you proceed to tell your guys in the huddle to stand down the game is over.

Illinois came out of the huddle looking to contest, trap, and foul. There's only one explanation for that... they were pissed about something... because in and of itself, that was extremely stupid.
You ever coach? You can tell players things and they don't listen, especially ones that aren't particularly bright and tend to be frustrated.

They were pissed because they thought they were going to win and they lost to a team that stands right back up to them and talks shit to them, and to make it worse they are a bunch of dorky looking white guys.